Pew Research.... Obama was the best.

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Why is it so difficult for those on the right side of our political spectrum to acknowledge a poll like this from a non-partisan group.

Pew takes no positon either way. They just tell it like it is.

About Pew Research Center
The poll was no surprise, so not much to acknowledge other then it confirms what it already known.

Depending on your age, the expected results were not shocking.

Generations’ views of the best president

People’s views of the best president of their lifetimes are partly tied to their ages. Millennials, who are currently ages 22 to 37, are far more likely than older generations to name Obama as one of the best presidents in their lifetimes: About six-in-ten Millennials (62%) view Obama as one of the top two, with nearly half, 46%, naming him the best president.

Older generations are much more likely than Millennials to name Reagan as one of the best presidents. Reagan was president before most Millennials were born.

Gen Xers (ages 38 to 53) are divided in their assessments: 45% of Gen Xers name Reagan, while nearly as many mention Obama (41%) or Clinton (39%).

Although, Polls being polls, and we know how reliable they are

Taking results from a sampling equivalent size of not quite 7% like from my home town alone, and proclaiming a winner nation wide seems doubtful at best. But always makes a good headline

My mother in law ( 80 ) would say Eisenhower was best or Kennedy...... so it is kinda relative....

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So I had to read all that to learn your mother-in-law is a kind relative?
No wonder I seldom waste my time in the Soapbox.
SMH....

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pew stinks!

Would you be saying that if they had said Trump was the greatest? Just asking.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Well they kind of already alluded to a new top dog waiting in the wings with this comment. So it wasn't all bad ;)

"Not yet halfway through his term, 19% say Donald Trump has done the best or second best job of any president of their lifetimes. That is comparable with the share who viewed Obama as one of the best presidents in 2011 (20%)".

Reactions: muttly and Turtle

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Saw a report that said Hillary is getting pretty active and doing a lot of fundraising.
Even a staunch Hillary supporter friend of mine says she’d be silly to run in 20.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pew stinks!

Would you be saying that if they had said Trump was the greatest? Just asking.
Sure. It was a lame play on words and if I had to explain it to you it would be even lamer. More lame? More lamest? Lamerer?

I voted for Trump. Do I think he's the best president of my lifetime; no! Could he be in another 6½ years; certainly possible. If you haven't fled the country by then, please feel free to repeat your question.

Reactions: muttly

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nobody is going to flee the country. It would take character to do so and none of those claiming they'll flee the country if Trump is president have a shred of character.

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
So I had to read all that to learn your mother-in-law is a kind relative?
No wonder I seldom waste my time in the Soapbox.
SMH....

My sentence was only the last line, a mere one sentence........ I only hit the quote button to reference what I was replying too another post I agreed with, the EO computer combined all that:wasntme:

Reactions: Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Saw a report that said Hillary is getting pretty active and doing a lot of fundraising.
Even a staunch Hillary supporter friend of mine says she’d be silly to run in 20.
If she does, expect her to run hard hard to the Left. It's where the Democrat party mostly is at now. Her paradox though. She'll alienate many people in states like Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvanian where she needs to win.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Sure. It was a lame play on words and if I had to explain it to you it would be even lamer. More lame? More lamest? Lamerer?

I voted for Trump. Do I think he's the best president of my lifetime; no! Could he be in another 6½ years; certainly possible. If you haven't fled the country by then, please feel free to repeat your question.

Amazing, how attitudes change when the shoe’s on the other foot.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

You lost me with this one comrade. Can you explain? Whose attitudes, shoes and feet are you referring to? I'm confused.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
You lost me with this one comrade. Can you explain? Whose attitudes, shoes and feet are you referring to? I'm confused.

Simple. Praise a republican and most of you folks fall in line and agree without question. Praise a Democrat and it’s “fake news”, or they don’t know what they are talking about, or they are being paid off, or fowl play, or something like that.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Simple. Praise a republican and most of you folks fall in line and agree without question. Praise a Democrat and it’s “fake news”, or they don’t know what they are talking about, or they are being paid off, or fowl play, or something like that.
Who you calling "you folks"? You quoted my lame attempt at humor, "Pew stinks" and followed it with this:
Again, please explain how this reply has anything to do with my "Pew stinks" comment. If you quote me for a rebuttal, at least make it ½ ass coherent. I'm a little slow.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Who you calling "you folks"? You quoted my lame attempt at humor, "Pew stinks" and followed it with this: Again, please explain how this reply has anything to do with my "Pew stinks" comment. If you quote me for a rebuttal, at least make it ½ ass coherent. I'm a little slow.

I liked your humor. I appreciate a play on words but I repeat that when Obama or Clinton are praised for anything, the righties (I’m not saying you in particular) but the right-wing in general cry “fake news” or whatever.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I liked your humor. I appreciate a play on words but I repeat that when Obama or Clinton are praised for anything, the righties (I’m not saying you in particular) but the right-wing in general cry “fake news” or whatever.
Thank you. Now I understand, somewhat. In the future please don't quote me and then go off on a right wing hate thing and link me to it. Yeah I voted for Trump, I voted for Junior twice. I voted for Reagan once and in 1980 John Anderson. My first presidential election I was eligible for, I voted for the peanut farmer. That same year I also voted for Paul Wellstone for Minnesota Senator. What sold me on him was his promise not to ever seek a third term. He ran against a 3 term Republican. He did seek a third term but Karma or a poor pilot ended that.

President Obama campaigned as the candidate of change but I think Trump has him beat on the change thing. You may hate Trump and you have a chance to do something about that in 2020. Have a little patience and you will make it through this.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Who you calling "you folks"? You quoted my lame attempt at humor, "Pew stinks" and followed it with this: Again, please explain how this reply has anything to do with my "Pew stinks" comment. If you quote me for a rebuttal, at least make it ½ ass coherent. I'm a little slow.

Whenever Trump does anything good and deserves praise, the left wing and the Fake News media cry.

Reactions: Turtle

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Whenever Trump does anything good and deserves praise, the left wing and the Fake News media cry.

Actually, I agree with some of the things he is doing such as trade and illegal immigration. We should have done this years ago. In fact, we should never have cut tariffs and opened our borders at all like we did. I just don’t like how he is doing it, especially with Canada. Overall, Canada is our best trading partner with which we often have a trade surplus. As for Obama, I hated that he wanted to give away the store with more of those trade deals that really hurt us, as well as continuing NAFTA. He did a lot of good things though.

Reactions: Grizzly