Pew Research.... Obama was the best.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why is it so difficult for those on the right side of our political spectrum to acknowledge a poll like this from a non-partisan group.

Pew takes no positon either way. They just tell it like it is.

About Pew Research Center

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's a poll right up there with "Boxers or Briefs?" in terms of gravity of meaning.

It reminds me of that well funded and exhaustive study where they discovered that all mammals above 3kg in weight empty their bladders in around 21 seconds give or take 13 seconds. Meaning, nearly all mammals above 3kg in weight empty their bladders in anywhere between 8 and 34 seconds. Wow.

Or, the study that concluded in the Honey Bee Sting Pain Index by Body Location that being stung on the shaft of the penis hurts like the Dickens. Penis, upper lip, and nostril membrane topped the list, but nipple and scrotum were pretty high up, too.

Next up, the best Chinese Food Restaurant in every state ..

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's a poll right up there with "Boxers or Briefs?" in terms of gravity of meaning.

It reminds me of that well funded and exhaustive study where they discovered that all mammals above 3kg in weight empty their bladders in around 21 seconds give or take 13 seconds. Meaning, nearly all mammals above 3kg in weight empty their bladders in anywhere between 8 and 34 seconds. Wow.

Or, the study that concluded in the Honey Bee Sting Pain Index by Body Location that being stung on the shaft of the penis hurts like the Dickens. Penis, upper lip, and nostril membrane topped the list, but nipple and scrotum were pretty high up, too.

Next up, the best Chinese Food Restaurant in every state ..
Perhaps I'm being a bit dense. I dont follow you.

Why is it so hard to acknowledge the research showing Obama is thought of as the best President of recent times. If he was or not is a different matter.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What ???

How is it hard to accept the results, regardless if they’re right or wrong ?

Now you lost me.
That’s why I avoid the soapbox.

Incidentally, I don’t have an opinion either way.

Reactions: Moot

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What ???

How is it hard to accept the results, regardless if they’re right or wrong ?

Now you lost me.
That’s why I avoid the soapbox.

Incidentally, I don’t have an opinion either way.
My point is, 44% of respondents think he was the best. If he was actually the best remains to be seen. Only time will tell.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why is it so difficult for those on the right side of our political spectrum to acknowledge a poll like this from a non-partisan group.

Pew takes no positon either way. They just tell it like it is.

About Pew Research Center
The poll was no surprise, so not much to acknowledge other then it confirms what it already known.

Depending on your age, the expected results were not shocking.

Generations’ views of the best president

People’s views of the best president of their lifetimes are partly tied to their ages. Millennials, who are currently ages 22 to 37, are far more likely than older generations to name Obama as one of the best presidents in their lifetimes: About six-in-ten Millennials (62%) view Obama as one of the top two, with nearly half, 46%, naming him the best president.

Older generations are much more likely than Millennials to name Reagan as one of the best presidents. Reagan was president before most Millennials were born.

Gen Xers (ages 38 to 53) are divided in their assessments: 45% of Gen Xers name Reagan, while nearly as many mention Obama (41%) or Clinton (39%).

Although, Polls being polls, and we know how reliable they are

Taking results from a sampling equivalent size of not quite 7% like from my home town alone, and proclaiming a winner nation wide seems doubtful at best. But always makes a good headline

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: muttly and ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In more Presidential news .. WOM now has this coffee cup on sale by the case ... image_search_1531424596840.jpg

Common Sense doesn't come with Directions

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Only two presidents during my lifetime won the prestigious Nobel Peace Prize; Obama and Carter. Therefore Obama being a two term president had to be like the most bestest and Carter second most bestest.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A poll was run that resulted in Obama being named best president. Acknowledged.

Now, where are the questions? Any poll can create any desired result based on the questions asked and how they are asked. And just because Pew says they are unbiased doesn't necessarily mean they are unbiased, or at least not the individual(s) who created the poll.

Knowing it is very important to some here for Obama to be seen that way we'll just let the poll stand.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Now, where are the questions? Any poll can create any desired result based on the questions asked and how they are asked. And just because Pew says they are unbiased doesn't necessarily mean they are unbiased, or at least not the individual(s) who created the poll.
Pew is about as unbiased as you can get.

They will always tell you where their sample comes from, how the survey was conducted, and what questions were asked. They rarely use loaded words that might appeal to emotion or stereotypes.

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

They will always tell you where their sample comes from, how the survey was conducted, and what questions were asked. They rarely use loaded words that might appeal to emotion stereotypes.
Thank you.

Reactions: Turtle

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

They will always tell you where their sample comes from, how the survey was conducted, and what questions were asked. They rarely use loaded words that might appeal to emotion or stereotypes.