RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
With all these lights I feel like its Christmas in July

That's some light show you got going on :eek:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Excuses, Excuses. New trash company is a couple of hours late already for pickup. They did the cross street so I know they're out there somewhere. Maybe broke down, those under bidders can be so unreliable

Anyways, messing up my plan to go back inservice. I could just bag everything and forget about using a trash can, but that would take away by excuse

Guess I'm not as hot to trot to get back out there as I thought

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Excuses, Excuses. New trash company is a couple of hours late already for pickup. They did the cross street so I know they're out there somewhere. Maybe broke down, those under bidders can be so unreliable

Anyways, messing up my plan to go back inservice. I could just bag everything and forget about using a trash can, but that would take away by excuse

Guess I'm not as hot to trot to get back out there as I thought

Yeah, who give jobs to low bidders anyhow

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok , i have seen alot of strange things happen along my travels. (over 1.5 million miles).
On a county 2 lane blacktop with medium traffic. A oncoming car did a U-turn in front of me and quickly went onto right shoulder and Husband and Wife bailed out of front seat leaving doors open in traffic and Husband opened truck lid while wife ran out into my lane . FOR WHAT ..Lol .. she picked up something off highway and was Carrying a Snapping Turtle by the tail and threw it in the trunk . Risking an Accident or being Hit while on road . Wow ... as Bill Engvall would say .. Here's Your Sign . Lol

Common Sense doesn't come with Directions

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was it their escaped pet turtle? Would've thought they'd caught it before it made it out of the yard.

Reactions: ntimevan

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I tried to drive my old Sprinter the other day to take some trash to the dump. Started up just as good as always, but when I left, the brake pedal didn't feel right, so I turned around to investigate. By the time I got back home the Brake light came on the dash. Parked it, looked under the hood, nothing abnormal other than low brake fluid. Crawled underneath and brake fluid was pouring from above the fuel tank. Coudn't see the line though, but I am sure it rusted to the point it made a hole in it. Now I am debating if I should fix it so I can drive it once every month or two, or just lay her down to rest. She has been very good to me, but the harsh northern winters left a mark on her all over. 790k miles.

Reactions: hdxpedx and Grizzly

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I tried to drive my old Sprinter the other day to take some trash to the dump. Started up just as good as always, but when I left, the brake pedal didn't feel right, so I turned around to investigate. By the time I got back home the Brake light came on the dash. Parked it, looked under the hood, nothing abnormal other than low brake fluid. Crawled underneath and brake fluid was pouring from above the fuel tank. Coudn't see the line though, but I am sure it rusted to the point it made a hole in it. Now I am debating if I should fix it so I can drive it once every month or two, or just lay her down to rest. She has been very good to me, but the harsh northern winters left a mark on her all over. 790k miles.
Sounds like for the limited use, the fix might not be a bad option. Unless, the cost is out of sight

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok , i have seen alot of strange things happen along my travels. (over 1.5 million miles).
On a county 2 lane blacktop with medium traffic. A oncoming car did a U-turn in front of me and quickly went onto right shoulder and Husband and Wife bailed out of front seat leaving doors open in traffic and Husband opened truck lid while wife ran out into my lane . FOR WHAT ..Lol .. she picked up something off highway and was Carrying a Snapping Turtle by the tail and threw it in the trunk . Risking an Accident or being Hit while on road . Wow ... as Bill Engvall would say .. Here's Your Sign . Lol

Common Sense doesn't come with Directions
People never stop amazing me.

A guy just walked from the front fuel lane, passed my van about 20ft to where the front and back traffic exits. Stops at the curb, takes a leak and walks back. I guess walking the same distance to go inside was not an option

Reactions: ntimevan

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Meanwhile, we survived the ramen noodle weekend; hopefully we can add some crackers to it for this weekend

Had a cancellation Tuesday night of a rescue run. No tonu because we didn’t get far enough into the dh-to-pick

Last night, Mebane NC to Philly. Today we took the rest of the day off to celebrate our 32nd anniversary . Tomorrow, we’ll see what the weekend brings.

Flying J, Frystown PA

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Meanwhile, we survived the ramen noodle weekend; hopefully we can add some crackers to it for this weekend

Had a cancellation Tuesday night of a rescue run. No tonu because we didn’t get far enough into the dh-to-pick

Last night, Mebane NC to Philly. Today we took the rest of the day off to celebrate our 32nd anniversary . Tomorrow, we’ll see what the weekend brings.

Flying J, Frystown PA

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Going on 37 yrs for me and the misses.