What would you do?

Joshua Robichaud

New Recruit
Researching
so, panther or V3? I have offers from owner operators leased onto both carriers. Essentially both are 60/40 both owners are offing same trucks etc....

So now I’m torn and everybody’s opinion which company is going to keep me busier

Reactions: DBenton

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seeing that no one has given a reply, I can say something.

I’m not super familiar with V3, but Panther is really big, which would seem great, but I hear a lot of drivers get lost in the shuffle.

The best person to ask would be the owners, since they’re leased on, they’re in the same boat you are. Feel them out.

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
so, panther or V3? I have offers from owner operators leased onto both carriers. Essentially both are 60/40 both owners are offing same trucks etc....

So now I’m torn and everybody’s opinion which company is going to keep me busier

I have no experience with either company via a Lease, IMO, Panther seems a bit Corporate and V3 seems a bit more motivated ( for lack of a better word ).Because of my nature, I'm more inclined to lean towards V3.... My opinion only, going off of research online from the carriers.

A little info I found: Copy Pasted from this article.
V3 Transportation moves into Seville headquarters

Craig Amato, the founder of Panther II Transportation, has joined the team as V3’s investor and senior advisor. Amato mentioned that after he sold Panther, he had been out of the industry for 10 years before re-entering with V3. During that time, he said he’s noticed that there hasn’t been any consolidation and noted that the expedited industry leaders have little competition.

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
My apologies.... I may have read into a few things due to my past experience.
You didn't mention what type of equipment you'd be running.

What is your definition of "Busier"? I don't like being Busy...I like being profitable. So who would you be most profitable with?

60% of what?

Team or Solo?

The one thing that stand out as a sore thumb to me, as an independent, is that Panther states 3-4 weeks out as a team...( As of this post, I haven't seen V3 requirements ). Too me only, that sounds like a job..... not an independent contractor or O/O position. Are you signing on as a contractor, or an employee?

Reactions: Treadmill

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
My guess is that the 3-4 weeks out is a requirement of the fleet owner, not the company. It makes sense to me since the fleet owner wants to make money off of their trucks, not have them sit a lot. But I didn't take the time to look it up.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Reactions: C&J

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I have no experience with either company via a Lease, IMO, Panther seems a bit Corporate and V3 seems a bit more motivated ( for lack of a better word ).Because of my nature, I'm more inclined to lean towards V3.... My opinion only, going off of research online from the carriers.

A little info I found: Copy Pasted from this article.
V3 Transportation moves into Seville headquarters

Craig Amato, the founder of Panther II Transportation, has joined the team as V3’s investor and senior advisor. Amato mentioned that after he sold Panther, he had been out of the industry for 10 years before re-entering with V3. During that time, he said he’s noticed that there hasn’t been any consolidation and noted that the expedited industry leaders have little competition.
He must of wrote that before the Eastern European explosion into expediting. Lol

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
My guess is that the 3-4 weeks out is a requirement of the fleet owner, not the company. It makes sense to me since the fleet owner wants to make money off of their trucks, not have them sit a lot. But I didn't take the time to look it up.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
For sure..... So with that in mind, he'd have to be considered an employee...... under IRS regs?

Reactions: Treadmill

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
All i can tell you is i was with v3 in a 3500 promaster van for about 6 months for fleet owner and they kept me moving pretty damn good. So if you are in a bigger truck for them even better.

Actually v3 was started by people from panther who thought they could build a better company.

One thing i can say is v3 keeps its number of trucks at the same level with their business so all there trucks have work while panther will just leases on whoever will come and f*** em if they have to be 20th in a line on a cities loadboard waiting for a load for days.

V3 also doesnt put you at bottom of list if you deny a load like panther does either, so they say anyway. Didnt seem like they did to me.

All 60 driver 40 FO seems to benefit everyone so thats good. FO can write off mileage which you couldnt write off gas also with that anyway, and you have the opportunity to make more by keeping the gas under 20 percent. It was about 12 to 14 percent for me actively pla3nning fill ups based on where was cheaper.

Last edited:

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’d go V3 but I am bias and have a bad taste from panther. Both will get you experience to eventually move on to bigger and better things.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums