What are YOU Worth ?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A friend lost a bid to Boyle .
Curious, he researched thier website.
In addition to this pay, they have medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and paid uniforms.

Edit: That chart is per employee. With taxes and benefits the team on the run could easily be costing Boyle over $4000 per week. That’s employee compensation only.

Attachments

• 0C547A03-44BC-4AEB-8003-02CB8D8F63C9.png
    0C547A03-44BC-4AEB-8003-02CB8D8F63C9.png
    383 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A friend lost a bid to Boyle .
Curious, he researched thier website.
In addition to this pay, they have medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and paid uniforms.

Edit: That chart is per employee. With taxes and benefits the team on the run could easily be costing Boyle over $4000 per week. That’s employee compensation only.
Rate per team per driver, doesn't mean guaranteed per team weekly minimum per driver.

Edit: My bad, 0.28cpm? LOL
That is per driver, wow...

Considering some of the semi-loads pay in excess of 2.75cpm, company is making a killing on new hirees. Seeing how they specialize in Hazmat loads, I am not far off on that number.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A company puts a team in top notch late model equipment, spends $2000 PER WEEK PER DRIVER, ( counting benefits ) and someone sleeping in a tin can says they’re being taken advantage of.

Only on EO.

Reactions: coalminer

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess I should have posted the dental, vision, paid vacation, match to 401K etc.
They don’t have the “freedom “ a 1099 Driver has.

Edit: if they’re in the truck 6 days they are guaranteed .28 x 5500 . Plus stops, etc.
Unless they run more. That’s $1540 plus, minimum per driver.
They don’t pay .56 per mile per driver because then you get “ I drove 200 miles more than A-Hole Over there. “
Doing pharma or AA&E I don’t see a lot of 5500 mile weeks. I’d like the 5500 miles of pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalscott

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Puting a driver into tractor is not a charity event for company. It's pure money making business and with damn good profit attached to it for company. That's how they are able to offer all the benefits with the contract.
Working for AAMC in 2014 I had similar "guarantees pay" for sprinter as o/o. Let me tell you, in 13 months, I've never came close to claiming it, always rolling. If they thought they wouldn't make money with that model, they would stay away from it.
It's strictly money making business model with "good stewart" attached for W-2 drivers.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
.........................................................................................................................smh............................................................................................................................

Last edited:

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
.........................................................................................................................smh............................................................................................................................
Exactly...
Only on EO someone posts low rate, asks how much are YOU worth.
Then precedes defending guys making 0.28cpm.
Are you for yellow cubes rolling at those rates too?

Reactions: Grizzly

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Exactly...

I think you’re missing the point.
These are W2 drivers,in company trucks.
With worker’s compensation, full benefits.
They get 28 cents for every mile they drive and 28 cents for every mile the co-driver drives.
And never less than $3080 for the team before accessorials.
They do not pay fuel or tolls.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
BTW, at AAMC, you didn’t have guarantees.
You had projections. Or “ hopes”.
Or they just plain out lied to you.

Last edited:

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think you’re missing the point.
These are W2 drivers,in company trucks.
With worker’s compensation, full benefits.
They get 28 cents for every mile they drive and 28 cents for every mile the co-driver drives.
And never less than $3080 for the team before accessorials.
They do not pay fuel or tolls.

Sure, I get your point.
Company makes $12000-15000 per week per truck (team, hazmat). What's $3080 ("plus uniform" + benefits) to both drivers? 3 to 5 times of what drivers makes, that's enough to cover fuel and tolls + benefits. Plus some gravy on top.
All those things you listed are also coming out of the check (doubt it's 100% health and dental) along with taxes.
Company is a winner, winner, chicken dinner.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What’s the secret at AAMC ?
For educational purposes.
If in 13 months you never got close to the “ guarantee “ ?

Maybe I don’t understand how a guarantee works in this industry.
Evidently, not too good.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Exactly...

Low rates ?
You’re complaining the rates are too high at $12,000-$15,000 per week.

Defending guys making 0.28 cpm ?
These guys are making no less than .56 cpm and I bet closer to .75 for actual miles run.

I guarantee you you’ve run for much closer to yellow van rates than I’ve ever considered.
Oh yeah, I forgot you don’t know the meaning of guarantee.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What’s the secret at AAMC ?
For educational purposes.
If in 13 months you never got close to the “ guarantee “ ?

Maybe I don’t understand how a guarantee works in this industry.
Evidently, not too good.

OK, here is little education for you.
AAMC had set amount of money guaranteed for you per week if you stayed on the road for 3 weeks straight and total of those weeks divided by 3 was below guaranteed per week.

You can check that online or with certain individual working for successor of AAMC.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So, are you saying they guaranteed you say $2000 per week if you stayed out 3 weeks. If you earned $4800 over the three weeks they paid you $6000 ? Numbers don’t need to be accurate, just the theory.

If so, they did it right. From your post I figured they guaranteed you $xxxxx per week, and you never earned it or got paid it.

Reactions: VSprinter

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Low rates ?
You’re complaining the rates are too high at $12,000-$15,000 per week.

Defending guys making 0.28 cpm ?
These guys are making no less than .56 cpm and I bet closer to .75 for actual miles run.

I guarantee you you’ve run for much closer to yellow van rates than I’ve ever considered.
Oh yeah, I forgot you don’t know the meaning of guarantee.

Just posted about guarantee reply above. Try to keep it civil, BigStickJr.
Just like you don't know all the details, you can't know how much I run for, therefore don't make assumptions about my rates.

Rates are above for Boyle drivers, let's not change it for them, or they will be upset about their "guarantee pay"

I am not saying rates are high or low for company. All I am pointing to is that driver makes 3-5 times less than what company does. Most companies have same rates, this one just happens to have "guarantee clause", which they'll probably use 2-3 times a year.
It's pure money making business.

I was always for O/O and never understood tractor drivers driving for someone for a fraction of what they could be making themselves. Even if it's only 3 times of what they are making, it's money lost to guys in the office (hard working people too, but they don't sacrifice or put themselves in danger like driver does). But to each his own...

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In 3 years plus 5 months of leased to AAMC/RRE , i collected the Guarantee on 1 week . (Over 3 years ago)
They used to have Bonus of $100. a week after staying in service for 3 weeks straight.
The Bonus program (long gone) was eliminated after full buyout/merger. The guarantee is still there , but doing 12,000 paid miles in 3 weeks followed by a 1500 paid mile week ,puts you Way Over the guarantee miles . (in a VAN)

Common Sense doesn't come with Directions