June Lampoon:: Locations & More

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Sat for a few days at home, but finally got one late yesterday...loaded about 20:45 last night in Urbana, OH and now empty in Spartanburg, SC.

About 7 more days til shutdown and a cruise. But, trying to stack the $ before then. Nap time while awaiting "BOOKE ED"

Sent from my SM-G965U using EO Forums mobile app

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Sat for a few days at home, but finally got one late yesterday...loaded about 20:45 last night in Urbana, OH and now empty in Spartanburg, SC.

About 7 more days til shutdown and a cruise. But, trying to stack the $ before then. Nap time while awaiting "BOOKED"

For some reason I couldn't edit my own post...

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I am happy to announce that MrsWornOut has just given birth to a 2lb7oz stainless steel baby hip. Mother and hip are doing fine and should be home tomorrow. I asked about the sex and the doctor said 3 weeks. Thankfully my company has a liberal Parental Leave policy so we can be home until the little hip is ready to fend for itself.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am happy to announce that MrsWornOut has just given birth to a 2lb7oz stainless steel baby hip. Mother and hip are doing fine and should be home tomorrow. I asked about the sex and the doctor said 3 weeks. Thankfully my company has a liberal Parental Leave policy so we can be home until the little hip is ready to fend for itself.

image_search_1529360898417.jpg

Common Sense doesn't come with Directions

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Glad to hear everything went well. Speedy rehabilitation to her.
Don't forget, as a "liberal parent" YOU are required to feed the newborn hip, and "the birther". Time to get your bosoms ready for milk flowing, WOM.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Glad to hear everything went well. Speedy rehabilitation to her.
Don't forget, as a "liberal parent" YOU are required to feed the newborn hip, and "the birther". Time to get your bosoms ready for milk flowing, WOM.

Liberal? How did you know it is a LEFT hip?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
30 wt or 100 proof.
Don’t know if a hip is anything like a knee.
Had a relative that wouldn’t do the exercises.
Too painful.
Knee wouldn’t bend after awhile.
Walked around like in a cast the rest of her life.

Polished Stainless?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
30 wt or 100 proof.
Don’t know if a hip is anything like a knee.
Had a relative that wouldn’t do the exercises.
Too painful.
Knee wouldn’t bend after awhile.
Walked around like in a cast the rest of her life.

Polished Stainless?
It's actually made from a cast alloy similar to stainless but lighter. 4 hours after surgery you are up and walking. PT begins tomorrow.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's something I came around yesterday...
Broker got us a load.
Decent rate. Soon after telling us we won the load, load agent started changing delivery time (shortening the drive time by several hours, off course).
Realizing he was cutting short into the driving time, he asked if I can deliver next day(13+ hours extra). Sure, I said, for layover time yes I could.
He did not like that and canceled the load. Reason? I was raising the rate...
Refused to pay cancellation charges even though I was almost at the pickup.
Very interesting...
No wonder people get fed up and quit or open up their own brokerage /trucking companies. I do understand why there are more of companies on Selectus with fewer trucks nowadays.

Last edited:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Here's something I came around yesterday...
Broker got us a load.
Decent rate. Soon after telling us we won the load, load agent started changing delivery time (shortening the drive time by several hours, off course).
Realizing he was cutting short into the driving time, he asked if I can deliver next day(13+ hours extra). Sure, I said, for layover time yes I could.
He did not like that and canceled the load. Reason? I was raising the rate...
Refused to pay cancellation charges even though I was almost at the pickup.
Very interesting...
No wonder people get fed up and quit or open up their own brokerage /trucking companies. I do understand why there are more of companies on Selectus with fewer trucks nowadays.

You say - Broker got US a load, are you a team?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

image_search_1530193655755.jpg
Hows that Baby Hip feeling today.. ? Hopefully on the Road to recovery..

Common Sense doesn't come with Directions

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Deadheaded home from the ATL Monday night. Stopped in Blacksburg SC to see if Charlotte popped; it didn’t. Tuesday night, rest of the way back to PA. Yesterday, saw doctor about a colonoscopy. The deadhead was a pain in the ass; the real deal happens in early August.

Last night, Harrisburg Pa to Greensboro NC. Now at J in Haw River, hoping to get back to PA. Once we get back, we’ll be taking a couple days off and be back on the job next Thursday, the 5th. Haven’t decided yet whether or not we’ll be going to the Expo.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums