Your thoughts on this....

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Millennials behind the wheel of commercial motor vehicles. What could go wrong?

It'll be cheaper just to pay current drivers a decent wage to thwart the driver shortage.

:clapping-happy::clapping-happy::clapping-happy::clapping-happy:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Millennials behind the wheel of commercial motor vehicles. What could go wrong?
Exactly what you see today. Millennials are no longer 18,19,20 etc. They are older and the current crop of new tractor/trailer drivers. You've seen them. They are the ones that check their mirrors every 5 or 10 minutes, park in the car lot at truck stops because they can't back a trailer, run with under-inflated tires because the smart truck they drive didn't indicate low tire pressure and embrace the me, me, me, I, I, I philosophy of life.

It'll be cheaper just to pay current drivers a decent wage to thwart the driver shortage.
I agree but that wouldn't be in keeping with the technology available today. Way pay a driver more when you can invest in technology like driverless trucks, free wifi and energy drink discounts?

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since Canada legalized weed, let the millennial drivers head north of the border and then hire someone to bring your truck back. Maybe they can say they are Escaping Capitalism and herbicide (weed control). Canada could give them all amnesty and spawn a new industry of lost truck retrieval from a foreign country. It should pay well, and we could thin out our millennial stoner problem. Make America Great Again!