Big Truck Looking for feedback for Expedited Carriers

Roy S

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Recently made some life changes and want to get back to driving. Daily 9-5 job made me miserable and missed the money being on the open road. Only did that to make the ex-wife happy...well looking to get back into things again and there are so many options and bonuses etc. Like the housing market its just as much as a sellers market as its a drivers market for sure too! I want to stay with a company in the MI/OH area and looking to get feedback. Of course every recruiter gives me their song and dance but I want to know from other owner operators as well. I don't want anyone to bash other companies, just looking to hear why they drive for who they do...I have it narrowed down to two in my head but was just looking for feedback.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What type of equipment ?
O/O or driver ?
Research earlier threads where the two carriers you like have been mentioned.

If driver, a bad part of the equation is you hope to get a good carrier AND a good owner.
If one or the other suck, your experience will suck.
If you have a bad experience, figure out if it’s the owner and/or the carrier.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Your request for info is rather vague. What type of truck are you wanting to drive? Do you have a truck? O/O or contractor? A van driver's great carrier is not necessarily a good deal for a T/T driver. Some carriers' strengths are with straight truck freight others may favor vans. Reefer owners like one particular carrier while others don't use them efficiently. What's your pleasure?

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Recently made some life changes and want to get back to driving. Daily 9-5 job made me miserable and missed the money being on the open road. Only did that to make the ex-wife happy...well looking to get back into things again and there are so many options and bonuses etc. Like the housing market its just as much as a sellers market as its a drivers market for sure too! I want to stay with a company in the MI/OH area and looking to get feedback. Of course every recruiter gives me their song and dance but I want to know from other owner operators as well. I don't want anyone to bash other companies, just looking to hear why they drive for who they do...I have it narrowed down to two in my head but was just looking for feedback.

Hi Roy, I agree with Big Stick and Terry.... can you give a bit more info and your expectations?