Whats the skinny on Fusion?

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My point is I don't think the carrier "lied". People too often don't do the proper research on a carrier or the contract they sign because everything is just blah blah blah until they hear the words miles or money. Or, because so and so at that truckstop or on the internet said carrier X was "awesome" then it must be so...no more attention required!

Then reality happens and my god...the carrier must have lied to me! Instead of admitting they made a mistake or, picked a poor personal fit for a carrier or...trying to hang around a bit to figure out if they can work the carriers system so it does meet thier personal needs....they rush to slander the carrier to anyone who will listen.

The poster in question, the tone and language of their post and subsequent behavior again, leads me to believe this was the case. But hey....some people love changing decals yearly so, to each their own.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Ah. Well, I used he as a generic pronoun, when the sex is not known.

Saying all those nouns over and over can really wear you down.
-Rufus Xavier Sasparilla
This sooooo doesn't matter, but I'm gonna let people know anyway, because somebody might have wondered, or might find it interesting....

When someone joins up and doesn't select a custom avatar, and they don't fill in MALE or FEMALE, the default green EO avatar is automatically used.

If they select FEMALE, then the pink default avatar is used.

If they select MALE, then the blue default avatar is used.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
This subject is too subjective. I can only relate to Vans and yes, companies lie, recruiters over sell and the drivers blame everything on carriers or brokers. The van segment is so up & down. I often think I should have started this 15 years ago, alternately I wonder why I ever started doing this.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Talked with a straight truck team driver from Fusion last night.
He has only been with them for a few months, but didn't have anything negative to say about them. He did say that as of a couple of months ago, they were not putting on any more vans. That's why he's driving a straight.

The only complaints he had was with his co-driver

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
People always say, you should drive for someone else before getting into expedite for yourself. I drove for a fleet owner, who signed on with Fusion.

I had zero issues with Fusion, and got in lots of loads. They were very kind and patient with me as a new driver, and helpful with the questions I asked.

So, when I decided to go o/o, I called Fusion. Again, they were helpful in getting through the process. Since I’ve signed on, I’ve been rolling, wheels have been turning.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
People always say, you should drive for someone else before getting into expedite for yourself. I drove for a fleet owner, who signed on with Fusion.

I had zero issues with Fusion, and got in lots of loads. They were very kind and patient with me as a new driver, and helpful with the questions I asked.

So, when I decided to go o/o, I called Fusion. Again, they were helpful in getting through the process. Since I’ve signed on, I’ve been rolling, wheels have been turning.

And what rate are those wheels currently spinning for?

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

And what rate are those wheels currently spinning for?

I’m averaging $0.70-$0.80 to my part.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I feel it coming on...
0DCE6629-01EE-4A31-89D2-0DE105955965.jpeg

Lol

Seriously, I don’t mind sharing what I make, but I hate getting into specifics, because I’ll end up getting something off. Fusion is more than happy to give specifics, I don’t want to overstep or misrepresent.

I went 3,039 miles, made $2,193.
Sometimes it’s more, sometime it’s less, but all in all, it averages to about that.

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I feel it coming on...
View attachment 18152

Lol

Seriously, I don’t mind sharing what I make, but I hate getting into specifics, because I’ll end up getting something off. Fusion is more than happy to give specifics, I don’t want to overstep or misrepresent.

Sometimes it’s more, sometime it’s less, but all in all, it averages to about that.
Hey , if Your Happy with that Rate that's All that matters..

Money not Miles

guido4475

Not a Member
I feel it coming on...

Lol

.72 CPM, regardless if its all mile pay, or even loaded mile pay, spells bankruptcy eventually in my opinion.

that's what gripes me about half these vanners out here, the ones who haul freight for ghetto welfare rates. Next thing we know, ALL companies are going to expect ALL owner operators to degrade themselves for that kind of rate. The "well, at least I'm moving" way of doing business will catch up with you sooner or later, I guarandamtee you it will. The vehicles upkeep will be the first to suffer. Than the van payment. Than the household bills.

Than there are the multicarrier people leased onto 2, 3, ive heard of one being leased onto as many as 9 companies at once. So they unload, go to a Pilot, and instead of only being one van showing up on a board, which has a better chance of dictating rates than 5 would, there are 5, or how many whoever there in a sense showing up on the boards, even though in all reality its really one guy, competing against himself 4x, with the customer obviously awarding the load to the lowest bidder. So, the multi guy just auctioned himself out for the lowest rate, all the while paying primary insurance, $2,500 a year on up, to haul cheap freight. Ill take my $780.00 a year full coverage legal insurance while hauling freight for great rates (up until recently ), a few low rate offers, that I have declined, (because I don't want to be part of the rate problem). Work smarter, not harder. Less miles, more money.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
I feel it coming on...

Lol

.72 CPM, regardless if its all mile pay, or even loaded mile pay, spells bankruptcy eventually in my opinion.

that's what gripes me about half these vanners out here, the ones who haul freight for ghetto welfare rates. Next thing we know, ALL companies are going to expect ALL owner operators to :censoredsign: themselves for that kind of rate. The "well, at least I'm moving" way of doing business will catch up with you sooner or later, I guarandamtee you it will. The vehicles upkeep will be the first to suffer. Than the van payment. Than the household bills.

Than there are the multicarrier people leased onto 2, 3, ive heard of one being leased onto as many as 9 companies at once. So they unload, go to a Pilot, and instead of only being one van showing up on a board, which Nasa better chance of dictating rates than 5 would, there are 5, or how many whoever there in a sense showing up on the boards, even though in all reality its really one guy, competing against himself 4x, with the customer obviously awarding the load to the lowest bidder. So, the multi guy just :censoredsign:d himself out for the lowest rate, all the while paying primary insurance, $2,500 a year on up, to haul cheap freight. Ill take my $780.00 a year full coverage legal insurance while hauling freight for great rates (up until recently ), a few low rate offers, that I have declined, (because I don't want to be part of the rate problem). Work smarter, not harder.

The word ":censoredsign:d" is considered a bad word?...Lmao...Im guessing it will be expected of us to gather around the campfire dressed in our Barney outfits, holding hands while in a circle, singing "I love you, you love me, we are all one big happy family" as well...lol...