June Lampoon:: Locations & More

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered thunder bay this am. In Duluth now took 9 hrs drive 200 miles first time down the 61.. grand Portage grand marais silver bay gooseberry falls Duluth what a Superior day route loved it 200 pics taken ;)
Goin down to pine city for shutdown at the Wally mcmart

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered thunder bay this am. In Duluth now took 9 hrs drive 200 miles first time down the 61.. grand Portage grand marais silver bay gooseberry falls Duluth what a Superior day route loved it 200 pics taken ;)
It is a beauty area. Been up that way a couple of times. Best one was in early April when the ice was shelving on the western shore. With the sun hitting off the ice, it looked like glass panes all up and down the shoreline. What a sight to see.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

We go up that way every couple of years to rent a cabin in Ely, MN. The huskies we have love Goose Berry Falls. Try Betty’s Pies on 61 just north of Duluth. Great Food......even Better Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turned down today's load. After 44 years, I'm going to try and get organized, so every long run isn't a family crisis. Demoted to local or not, 80 hours driving is 80 hours

(Actually using project management software. See if that works)

Oh, and buying an LG G Pad IV for a dedicated google maps gps (so my phone stops heating up and I can actually use it as a phone)

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RoadTime

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sweet! Brand new 8" android 7 tablet for $170 cdn. iMO google maps beats Garmin n tomtom for live traffic, routing and constant updates. Course I can use Waze and Navigator too (or Netflix lol)

(Holy crap that's a big screen after a 5 inch)

Anybody trying this, make sure the tablet HAS GPS usually the ones that can take a sim card do

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hummer53

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok. I'm going to gush here.

Maybe I'm sheltered, but nothing can describe saying "ok google, navigate to (insert delivery address here)" and have everything pop up without lifting a pinky!

Also tested "closest mcdonalds" and "closest walmart" and my choices popped up, again without lifting a finger.

I'm in love with my tablet. I don't even have to take my hands off the wheel!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Just saying...

Common Sense doesn't come with Directions
Ragmama wants to know why I'm gigging.