Whats the skinny on Fusion?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've seen a few of their vans here and there, but I really don't know anything about them. Sorry I can't give any information on them, other than I don't recall hearing anything negative about them.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've seen a few of their vans here and there, but I really don't know anything about them. Sorry I can't give any information on them, other than I don't recall hearing anything negative about them.
Isn't it Vince Turri's company?

Reactions: jelliott

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Isn't it Vince Turri's company?
I believe that's correct.

So is that good or bad?
Don't know him or how he's doing or running his business. Give them a call and see what there saying.

Michael Kennedy

Rookie Expediter
Driver
They are based not to far from me. I talked to one fleet owner who uses them. He did not say anything bad and has been with them a few years. I think he has 2-3 Sprinters with them.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I ran for Vince back in 12. Their freight wasn't paying the best, but my guess is it was indicative of 3PL carriers around that time. I had the same thing from Load One the next year, and low volume (among other things) from JD Clark in 11 and 12. So I'm thinking it was more of the effect of the Great Repression, and that things have likely picked up for Fusion since then. Them still being in the game is a good sign.

Reactions: davekc

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Just talk to someone who drives for them in a Sprinter. There saying for Sprinters .75 to .80 cpm. He's been getting .75 or lower cpm and hasn't been running like they told him.

Reactions: Farean and ntimevan

Farean

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
Section 6 of the Code of Conduct
Hey all, Looking at a few companies, but i can't find much on fusion..any insight?

Thanks
I recently worked for them, my first pay check was 19.77 (they said it was computer era) then twice they put my pay on the Comdata card, once was expected, the fee to access my funds was almost five dollars and they ripped me off on my last two checks; the kicker is, they owe me my escrow and stated they are paying me 100.00 weekly until it is paid back. I have never posted about any company and in my short time in the business I have been ripped off before, yet this company takes the cake. I wouldn't recommend them, but if you choose to work for them add your fuel receipts copy them and send in with your BOLs.

Farean

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
I recently worked for them, if you choose to use them keep track of your fuel receipts. I had to report them to BBB if it will make them pay me my escrow/money they owe for fuel I don't know but I shall see.

Reactions: pbanich

turritrans

Expert Expediter
I am sorry to hear you feel that way. Please check your email, we have sent you an email stating we have mailed you a check for the escrow for the couple weeks you were signed on. We are unaware of any settlement issues. Please let us know what the issue could be and we would be more than happy to take a look and resolve any issues, right now things look to be in order with your settlements but that doesn't mean there may have been a glitch. We have many very happy fleet owners with us here at Fusion, it's unfortunate things didn't work out with you. Best of luck.

Thank you,

Last edited:

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lots of folks claim to be "ripped off" by their carrier when in reality it is their own lousy math or misunderstanding of the original agreement on how the carrier does things. A 2 week tour of duty makes me think this might be the case here.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Fusion has been in the expediting community for several years and I’ve only heard positive things. You can’t be in this industry too long by conducting funny business.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Reactions: RoadTime

Farean

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
I was employed from 03/27/18-05/09/18 more than a couple of weeks. I will no longer post on this site, but I will find other sites where I can upload my contract and emails received. Mr. Turri I have tried contacting you prior to going onto social media, I worked earned my pay on time, You may KEEP the 600.00 escrow and the fuel discrepancy I will chalk it up to lesson learned. I owe you six weeks of free advertisement.

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Just talk to someone who drives for them in a Sprinter. There saying for Sprinters .75 to .80 cpm. He's been getting .75 or lower cpm and hasn't been running like they told him.

YIKES! 75-80???? .Have never run a van in our fleet, but are those the normal rates for cargo/sprinter vans??? I ask because we get more than that on LTL multi stop loads.
Last month I picked up in Valdosta GA, SAME shipper I deliver too . I GOT 3 LTL loads. Kansas City, Clive Iowa, and Toledo OH.
Consignee pay. I grabbed all 3 for $1 each..... cheap you might say? They weren't expedite loads....for one.
Secondly.... I was paid .90 Valdosta to KC. .90 Valdosta to Clive. .90 Valdosta to Toledo. 10% went to our my carrier for doing back office...
My husband taught me to be/think like an agent....always ask for frieght. If I book a load, I get my cut for truck, plus an Agents cut....
This same thing happened a few days ago in Dalton AL....I just asked! And we agreed on a load price, as I as there! A kicker, I went to an Antique store about a mile away...browsing....A couple had purchased 4 pieces of super nice furniture, Going to Ann Arbor MI area where they lived...but they were distraught on how to get the furniture home.... I told them $550....agreed! I got 500, carrier $55. Kicker...it was cash. I never break the contract with my carrier and insurance.
I was taught to think like a business owner, not a driver waiting on loads.