High School shooting--again

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Well there are countries that have strict bans on guns. They seem to have a problem of someone with a knife killing multiple people before being stopped by an officer with a gun.

There are also cities like Chicago that have the strictest gun laws and as much or more gun crime than any other city.

Sent from my SM-N910V using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And due to all of this ... guns are no longer safe to be consumed & handled by the public at large.

I understand there are as sorts of ways wackos will find ways to kill people. This method is too easy.

Ban guns.
Did you not get the point I made about treating the symptom instead of the underlying cause. Banning guns is nothing more than handing out boxes of Kleenex. If you ban guns, then poison gas and knives and homemade bombs will become the new "too easy."

We can't take back decades of decay.

Drug use ... pot, coke, heroin, crack, meth, opioids .... etc ..

Moral behavior ... pre martial sex, divorce, abortion, homosexuality, gender confusion .. etc ...

So how do we protect our citizens?
We protect our citizens by first beginning the steps to take back decades of decay, using the same fervent of purpose that those used to begin and effect the decay. we set strict standards or moral ethical behavior and hold accountable those who do not live up to those standards. and by teaching those standards from an early age.

Reactions: RoadTime

mrswornout

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
When you have a runny nose, you blow your nose and use nasal spray or antihistamines to dry it up. But the underlying condition that caused the runny nose remains untreated. People calling for more gun control, or increasingly, gun confiscation, are doing the exact same thing, leaving the underlying condition untreated.

I think the underlying condition is a massive tapestry of interconnected factors. Not a single one of which you can point to and say that's the cause. Mental illness is a factor, but humans have always had mental illness since the first humans. .It's hard for me to believe that what was a 1 or 2 percent of the population who had mental illness is now 40 or 50 percent of the population. I do know that too many are diagnosed with mental illness as a means of over prescribing mood altering (mind altering) drugs. But that's not the sole factor either.

Another factor is the victim mentality where people are taught from an early age to not take responsibility for their own actions. Another factor is basic manners are no longer being taught and as a result unacceptable behaviour is now accepted as normal. Things like being rude and selfish, talking back to authority figures such as teaches, not respecting authority. People have no shame, because outrageous behavior is accepted.

Many of you know me well enough to know I'm not religious. AT ALL. However, you can draw a straight line between the beginnings of the removal of God from schools and the decay of society today. When they pulled God out of the schools, they pulled right along with it the underlying teachings of religion such as morals, ethics, what is and is not acceptable, and the difference from right and wrong.
Not sure but maybe there were strong gun laws back then and automatic weapons weren't available to the general pupil. I just want better background check on all purchases!

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not sure but maybe there were strong gun laws back then and automatic weapons weren't available to the general pupil. I just want better background check on all purchases!
There were no particularly strong gun laws back then, other than the law against the general public having access to automatic weapons. Those have been outlawed since 1935 with only a few exceptions that were addressed in 1986. Back then, guns were treated as a right that wasn't to be infringed, same as the right to keep and bear spoons and forks, and you could give or sell guns with the same restrictions as you could a spoon or a fork. People knew right from wrong.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And due to all of this ... guns are no longer safe to be consumed & handled by the public at large.

I understand there are as sorts of ways wackos will find ways to kill people. This method is too easy.

Ban guns.
Did you not get the point I made about treating the symptom instead of the underlying cause. Banning guns is nothing more than handing out boxes of Kleenex. If you ban guns, then poison gas and knives and homemade bombs will become the new "too easy."

We can't take back decades of decay.

Drug use ... pot, coke, heroin, crack, meth, opioids .... etc ..

Moral behavior ... pre martial sex, divorce, abortion, homosexuality, gender confusion .. etc ...

So how do we protect our citizens?
We protect our citizens by first beginning the steps to take back decades of decay, using the same fervent of purpose that those used to begin and effect the decay. we set strict standards or moral ethical behavior and hold accountable those who do not live up to those standards. and by teaching those standards from an early age.

Yes, of course I understood the point made .. I simply disagree with it.

On the second point .. now you sound like you're smoking pot with that hippie peace, love, we're all gonna get along stuff. I'm too cynical for that. The Boy Scouts can't make up their minds if they're boys anymore...

mrswornout

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, of course I understood the point made .. I simply disagree with it.

On the second point .. now you sound like you're smoking pot with that hippie peace, love, we're all gonna get along stuff. I'm too cynical for that. The Boy Scouts can't make up their minds if they're boys anymore...
As I disagree with you. Isn't it great to be in the USA.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Guns are not and never have been the problem. Guns are inanimate objects. Bad people are the problem. Weak punishments are the problem. Lack of discipline is the problem. Leftism is the problem.