May - be Locations & More

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Yep at home in Iowa...
Teaching Grandson to fly a kite by himself...

You think going to College makes you Smarter ..
Common Sense doesn't come with a Degree..
Looks like he's doing well at it.

Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
View attachment 17443

Ogden, UT ....

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
Yup, passed through last night. I love the eastwards looking views from Provo to Ogden

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Ogden, UT ....

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

That picture would make a pretty nice puzzle to put together :)

Got lucky on that one. Pulled off into either a rest area or parking area, can't remember which, just before Ogden ...
less than a minute later I hear it comin' ..

Last edited:

mrswornout

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
check in..... Got kind of tired of retirement...got that PT position as a Cash Register puncher....BUT now made the move up the ladder, just finished my Assist Manager training on a Part time basis....told them I wasn't interested in a new career..and told them my terms 24-28hrs a week and they accepted...so here i am now keys to the store...and complete my first shift...all went well.....:)

Wish you people all the best...Ken aka OVM...
Congratulations on the new job title, never hurts to add to the resume@

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My 4 inch Sprinter speakers decided to remind me it's time to replace them (again), by sounding more crappy then normal :rolleyes:

This would be my 3rd replacement since the factory originals. A tin can and string would have been a improvement over those in the older models ;)

Did my usual Sprinter forum searching for any new upgrade ideas.

Pretty much the same as before, replace the crap, add more speakers, disconnect the speakers and build a boom box with larger speakers, etc.
I didn't care for any of the options. I was about to order my replacement speakers when I started to think more about the boom box idea. I didn't want to build one, but what else could I do?

Then I remembered, I have some really old stereo speakers packed away that I'm not using. I wonder...

I dug out the speaker, which is over 30 years old, and hooked it up.

I was blown away by the amazing sound quality I was hearing, and pretty decent bass to boot :eek:

For now, I just disconnected the old speakers and running the stereo speaker by itself off the right side channel. After testing it out, I couldn't really tell any noticeable difference just running the right side channel. Was a quick free fix and a 1000% improvement.

I'll take one great speaker over two crappy ones any day, for as long as it holds up :)

Van Speaker.JPG

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
check in..... Got kind of tired of retirement...got that PT position as a Cash Register puncher....BUT now made the move up the ladder, just finished my Assist Manager training on a Part time basis....told them I wasn't interested in a new career..and told them my terms 24-28hrs a week and they accepted...so here i am now keys to the store...and complete my first shift...all went well.....:)

Wish you people all the best...Ken aka OVM...
Working your way to be Top Dog?
FB_IMG_1527310700532.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I am at home for the long weekend, then back out to finish a good month. Good for many loads, good for no unusual expenses. My fingers are crossed that the expeditor gods will keep things bright, but years of experience keep me real. The sun is shining, I'm making hay, can't complain. Well, I could, but you would only laugh.

Next break will be mid-June when wife's birthday and Fathers Day are back-to-back. Good time to guilt the kids into a little celebration.

I'm a veteran, and son of a veteran who is also the son of a veteran, so I salute all military personnel this holiday weekend, with extra respect for those vets, and their families, who gave it all.

mrswornout

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am at home for the long weekend, then back out to finish a good month. Good for many loads, good for no unusual expenses. My fingers are crossed that the expeditor gods will keep things bright, but years of experience keep me real. The sun is shining, I'm making hay, can't complain. Well, I could, but you would only laugh.

Next break will be mid-June when wife's birthday and Fathers Day are back-to-back. Good time to guilt the kids into a little celebration.

I'm a veteran, and son of a veteran who is also the son of a veteran, so I salute all military personnel this holiday weekend, with extra respect for those vets, and their families, who gave it all.
Enjoy your time off. We however are still running and enjoying the beautiful scenery out west. Happy Memorial Day!

Reactions: jcochristoph

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Me, too. But I also like Mrswornout's wishes, because our days can still be happy even while remembering those who died. Part of why they died was so we could continue to enjoy "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". It is a bittersweet holiday for sure.

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
:american0flag7:
Is it true that Pilot/FlyingJ has decided to not fly the American flag anymore just so they won't offend certain people?
That's BS if it's true. Proud Americans should not give them their business.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have no desires to travel internationally anymore, except maybe Switzerland, but if I were in any other country I would definitely respect their flag .
If I couldn’t, I’d leave.

I extend the invitation to those that are here and can’t respect our flag to do the same.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is it true that Pilot/FlyingJ has decided to not fly the American flag anymore just so they won't offend certain people?

Nope not true,the locations without a flag are waiting for flagpole repairs. As reported by P/FJ

Sent from lost in space.

Odd, now I will have to look next time. I can't remember ever seeing a flag. But I wasn't looking for it either :rolleyes:

Reactions: Hummer53

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How many flagpoles go down for repair ?
I had a lighted flagpole for many years.
Being a lightweight residential unit it did go down in a storm.
It was promptly replaced. OOS once in maybe 10 years.
I’ll be looking too.
And if I see an empty pole, I’ll probably seek out the manager.
My wife said I learned to be Critical while I was at Fedex.

Last edited:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How many flagpoles go down for repair ?
I had a lighted flagpole for many years.
Being a lightweight residential unit it did go down in a storm.
It was promptly replaced. OOS once in maybe 10 years.
I’ll be looking to.
And if I see an empty pole, I’ll probably seek out the manager.
My wife said I learned to be Critical while I was at Fedex.

It was their statement, I find it hard to believe myself

Sent from Deep in the backwater swamp

Reactions: Hummer53

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Nope not true,the locations without a flag are waiting for flagpole repairs. As reported by P/FJ

Sent from lost in space.
I saw a video by a trucker about it. I'm hoping it's not true.