May - be Locations & More

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got my latest update on the van windshield/rust repair.

Rust removal completed. Windshield to be replaced on Thursday, and hopefully done a day earlier then expected :)

Already looking better ;)

Before...

After...

Van finished :)

The old girl cleaned up pretty nice.

7.JPG

11.JPG

10.JPG

I should of had him repaint the hood while he had it off. I'm sure it would have looked better then my touch ups :D

Just out of curiosity, I'm having him look into a couple of other possible cosmetic fixes :rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
check in..... Got kind of tired of retirement...got that PT position as a Cash Register puncher....BUT now made the move up the ladder, just finished my Assist Manager training on a Part time basis....told them I wasn't interested in a new career..and told them my terms 24-28hrs a week and they accepted...so here i am now keys to the store...and complete my first shift...all went well.....:)

Wish you people all the best...Ken aka OVM...
Will they ever let you be a part time CEO?

Sent from my SM-G965U using EO Forums mobile app
Working on the angle...lol

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
DH outta Calgary after 4 days few bid failed but got 1500 Miler Winnipeg to Shippensburg Pa
Usually better in Alberta but they always have Winnipeg loads which pay

Did you DH to Winnipeg?
Saskatoon was always good to me ...

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
DH outta Calgary after 4 days few bid failed but got 1500 Miler Winnipeg to Shippensburg Pa
Usually better in Alberta but they always have Winnipeg loads which pay

Did you DH to Winnipeg?
Saskatoon was always good to me ...

Not by choice but was a sure load with good miles go thru Niagara route home 2 days they just booked cuz pick up next day and west is a crapshoot I'm not gonn dh like that often sometimes gotta go with flow get ahead. Alberta load paid 300 extra miles out. Almost went Texas right from where I was. Canada expediting I guess closest truck dont matter

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I should of had him repaint the hood while he had it off. I'm sure it would have looked better then my touch ups :D

You may or may not like the idea, but I saw a Sprinter guy who was tired of always painting his hood....so he took it off and took it to a Line-X place and had it coated. Admittedly......it didn't look that bad and was durable as heck. I also met a farmer who had his entire "field" pickup done...in color to boot.

I've never done a hood (or entire truck) , but I've done it to more than a few pickup beds and the stuff is durable and stops rust.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
You may or may not like the idea, but I saw a Sprinter guy who was tired of always painting his hood....so he took it off and took it to a Line-X place and had it coated. Admittedly......it didn't look that bad and was durable as heck. I also met a farmer who had his entire "field" pickup done...in color to boot.

I've never done a hood (or entire truck) , but I've done it to more than a few pickup beds and the stuff is durable and stops rust.

I have an 06 Sprinter high top and went through the same thing. Between the front part of the roof to around the windshield, it leaked so bad it would fill the cup holders. Had the whole thing rebuilt. Also went a new hood because it was extremely weak in the latch area and had been repaired before and didn’t last. Three years and no leaks! The rest of it looks like crazy though. Nothing I can do about that though. Hopefully I will be retiring in about eight or nine months. Less if I have one more expensive repairs on that thing. Has 641,000 on vehicle (300,000 on rebuilt engine and a little on transmission). Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Working on the angle...lol

Hi Ken. Never communicated with you but enjoyed keeping up with your posts and missed you very much. Good luck and hope to hear from you more. By the way, learned a lot from you.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Thanks for the kudos ...hope you make your last 9 months or so....
Iam still racking up the miles on sprinter commuting 84 miles round trip.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Interesting. Probably would not like it. I'm not into those hood covers either.
Actually, for being 16 yrs old, the hood is in really good shape. Quick stone chip touch ups now and then and it looks pretty nice. Especially after getting the bugs off :D

Guessing my hood painting thought was more of a I want, then I need ;)