May - be Locations & More

Bucs82

Not a Member
Researching
Curious newbie to the forum here.. you guys prefer working for a large company or smaller? Weighing options.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Curious newbie to the forum here.. you guys prefer working for a large company or smaller? Weighing options.

That's probably just as debatable as where to fuel up. Both have pros and cons. Too many factors involved for a concise answer, also individual results may (and often do) vary. That said, I prefer a larger carrier ;)

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Go to the Expedite Expo Show this July in Lexington KY . Alot of company's will be there. It's the biggest Expedite Expo Show of the year. They also have workshops and you can look around and ask questions and get a feel for yourself .

Reactions: Bucs82

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi everybody. I've come out of "fire" ment to take my first Great White North del even tho I live here (well kinda Elliot Lake 600 km THATS RIGHT I SAID KM im in CanuCkia where walmarts are blue and we just got allowed to buy beer in them :p)

4th run since back but the other "locals" were in WV
IMG_20180523_2058129.jpg

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning from sunny Elliot Lake, Ontario (pop. 11,500) where its a balmy 42F and the skeeters are still biting.

Didn't see a gas station for nearly 4 hours from the highway. I'm sure they were there :confused2: found one on google to take my fuel card an hour away...

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Good morning from sunny Elliot Lake, Ontario (pop. 11,500) where its a balmy 42F and the skeeters are still biting.

Didn't see a gas station for nearly 4 hours from the highway. I'm sure they were there :confused2: found one on google to take my fuel card an hour away...
Last 5 fill-ups (since leaving TX) we're ALL over $ 3 per. Next one in Washington State will probably be $4

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I get what you thought I said :p maybe some more coffee? The fact that you had a gas station to go to, no matter what the price, instead of trees and moose lol

Reactions: ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Didn't even see a live human in an industrial area here till 8 am. Thought that meant it was laid back. Nope, everybody just leaves themselves 3 minutes to get to work and drive like maniacs. I got honked at

Funny seeing atvs driving to work, wouldn't get away with that in suburbia back home

Oh, and they leave tens of thousands of $$ worth of equipment outside all over the place, no cameras. In fact they told me to leave their delivery on the ground outside o_O

Reactions: RoadTime

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
check in..... Got kind of tired of retirement...got that PT position as a Cash Register puncher....BUT now made the move up the ladder, just finished my Assist Manager training on a Part time basis....told them I wasn't interested in a new career..and told them my terms 24-28hrs a week and they accepted...so here i am now keys to the store...and complete my first shift...all went well.....:)

Wish you people all the best...Ken aka OVM...

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
check in..... Got kind of tired of retirement...got that PT position as a Cash Register puncher....BUT now made the move up the ladder, just finished my Assist Manager training on a Part time basis....told them I wasn't interested in a new career..and told them my terms 24-28hrs a week and they accepted...so here i am now keys to the store...and complete my first shift...all went well.....:)

Wish you people all the best...Ken aka OVM...
Will they ever let you be a part time CEO?

Sent from my SM-G965U using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Van should be done around 1pm :)

Most likely going to just stay home for the Holiday weekend.

After digging out my business check book, I was surprised to see that I had not wrote a physical check from it in over 4 years o_O Also, to see that my old address was still listed. Guess I never got around to getting new checks made after I moved. After over 4 years of no use, don't see the use in updating it now. Just to be sure there would not be a issue I contacted my bank. They said as long as the person doesn't have a problem with it, no problem on their end. She said they don't even look at that.

My how times have changed with so many payment options available now, almost making a checkbook obsolete.

Using my debit card would have been easier, but due to transaction fees put on the shop, they are now charging 4% more for debit/credit cards.

They will take a check, saving the 4% fee, so cash via check it is ;)