High School shooting--again

dalscott

Expert Expediter
You don't have to agree with my correct statements. It's your right and your privilege to disagree and be wrong. It will be difficult and it will take time but we can do it. You say we can't but what you mean is we won't. Those on the left choose not to. No, it won't be the same as then. But it can be similar and it can be close enough to greatly reduce the instance and severity of these problems. Combine that with the proper preparation and authorization of good people to act and they will virtually disappear.

Which party won’t stop gun show exceptions and allowed the assault weapon ban to go away? Hint, the ones who kiss up to NRA.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Every FFL firearms dealer MUST do a background check on every sale regardless of the location of the sale. No exceptions. There are no assault weapons in general public hands, absent a very minimal number registered and with an expensive tax stamp purchased to allow owning them. There was a ban on certain firearms that looked a certain way with certain specific scary looking to snowflakes parts on them. It did absolutely nothing to alter crime, nothing at all. It only infringed on the rights of millions of law abiding citizens who in no way deserved to have their rights infringed. Inanimate objects are not the problem. Bad citizens are the problem. Inadequate consequences are the problem. Snowflake leftists are the problem.

Reactions: Dell

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Every FFL firearms dealer MUST do a background check on every sale regardless of the location of the sale. No exceptions. There are no assault weapons in general public hands, absent a very minimal number registered and with an expensive tax stamp purchased to allow owning them. There was a ban on certain firearms that looked a certain way with certain specific scary looking to snowflakes parts on them. It did absolutely nothing to alter crime, nothing at all. It only infringed on the rights of millions of law abiding citizens who in no way deserved to have their rights infringed. Inanimate objects are not the problem. Bad citizens are the problem. Inadequate consequences are the problem. Snowflake leftists are the problem.

Really? We are not the ones who insist that everyone should have whatever gun they want with no restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Really? We are not the ones who insist that everyone should have whatever gun they want with no restrictions.
No, but the Constitution says that, though. The right or the people (that would be everyone) to keep and bear arms (whatever gun they want) shall not be infringed (no restrictions).

Reactions: RoadTime

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't insist anyone have any type of gun. I do insist those who are not precluded from doing so be afforded their Constitutional right to make their own choice regarding doing so. Guns are not a problem. Leftist idiocy is the problem. Banning guns, another leftist idiocy, will do nothing to eliminate any problem. Want the problem solved? Ban leftist ideology.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well all this Social media these days the gangs video games you can blame it on all kinds of things but it boils down to the raising of the kids what happened to a good ole ass whipping like I got when I was a kid kids these days runs an screams they beat me so no more whippings like the good ole days what a shame

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am all for more guns in rural America the red states even 5 year Olds give them guns .

The conversation Will change the day Mohamed figures out how easy it is to get a gun in America.

All over sudden this MAGA crowd will be shouting control the guns!

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How many NRA members have been involved in a mass shooting?

The answer is one. And that one shot a mass shooter.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth B I B L E

Nothing else is working, but there are a lot of good daily values in the New Testament,,,imho

Reactions: ucfd608

mrswornout

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't insist anyone have any type of gun. I do insist those who are not precluded from doing so be afforded their Constitutional right to make their own choice regarding doing so. Guns are not a problem. Leftist idiocy is the problem. Banning guns, another leftist idiocy, will do nothing to eliminate any problem. Want the problem solved? Ban leftist ideology.
If for the most part, all people being equal, and other countries ban guns and have stronger legislations then how is it they dont have these constant shootings??

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
All people are not equal and other nations have their own issues including shootings. They also quite often have more significant consequences and significant punishments as well.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
...They also quite often have more significant consequences and significant punishments as well.
What could be more significant that the death penalty as advocated by the wacko rightist of this country?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
When you have a runny nose, you blow your nose and use nasal spray or antihistamines to dry it up. But the underlying condition that caused the runny nose remains untreated. People calling for more gun control, or increasingly, gun confiscation, are doing the exact same thing, leaving the underlying condition untreated.

I think the underlying condition is a massive tapestry of interconnected factors. Not a single one of which you can point to and say that's the cause. Mental illness is a factor, but humans have always had mental illness since the first humans. .It's hard for me to believe that what was a 1 or 2 percent of the population who had mental illness is now 40 or 50 percent of the population. I do know that too many are diagnosed with mental illness as a means of over prescribing mood altering (mind altering) drugs. But that's not the sole factor either.

Another factor is the victim mentality where people are taught from an early age to not take responsibility for their own actions. Another factor is basic manners are no longer being taught and as a result unacceptable behaviour is now accepted as normal. Things like being rude and selfish, talking back to authority figures such as teaches, not respecting authority. People have no shame, because outrageous behavior is accepted.

Many of you know me well enough to know I'm not religious. AT ALL. However, you can draw a straight line between the beginnings of the removal of God from schools and the decay of society today. When they pulled God out of the schools, they pulled right along with it the underlying teachings of religion such as morals, ethics, what is and is not acceptable, and the difference from right and wrong.

Reactions: RoadTime

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When you have a runny nose, you blow your nose and use nasal spray or antihistamines to dry it up. But the underlying condition that caused the runny nose remains untreated. People calling for more gun control, or increasingly, gun confiscation, are doing the exact same thing, leaving the underlying condition untreated.

I think the underlying condition is a massive tapestry of interconnected factors. Not a single one of which you can point to and say that's the cause. Mental illness is a factor, but humans have always had mental illness since the first humans. .It's hard for me to believe that what was a 1 or 2 percent of the population who had mental illness is now 40 or 50 percent of the population. I do know that too many are diagnosed with mental illness as a means of over prescribing mood altering (mind altering) drugs. But that's not the sole factor either.

Another factor is the victim mentality where people are taught from an early age to not take responsibility for their own actions. Another factor is basic manners are no longer being taught and as a result unacceptable behaviour is now accepted as normal. Things like being rude and selfish, talking back to authority figures such as teaches, not respecting authority. People have no shame, because outrageous behavior is accepted.

Many of you know me well enough to know I'm not religious. AT ALL. However, you can draw a straight line between the beginnings of the removal of God from schools and the decay of society today. When they pulled God out of the schools, they pulled right along with is the underlying teachings of religion such as morals, ethics, what is and is not acceptable, and the difference from right and wrong.

And due to all of this ... guns are no longer safe to be consumed & handled by the public at large.

I understand there are as sorts of ways wackos will find ways to kill people. This method is too easy.

Ban guns.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not all students celebrate CHRISTmas.

U would be surprised at the ones who are not Christian but that do celebrate it
I highly doubt these guys celebrate christmas.

F121028MH85-e1379491521641.jpg

These guys go to their own schools ...
Just sayin' :p

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Many of you know me well enough to know I'm not religious. AT ALL. However, you can draw a straight line between the beginnings of the removal of God from schools and the decay of society today. When they pulled God out of the schools, they pulled right along with is the underlying teachings of religion such as morals, ethics, what is and is not acceptable, and the difference from right and wrong.

We can't take back decades of decay.

Drug use ... pot, coke, heroin, crack, meth, opioids .... etc ..

Moral behavior ... pre martial sex, divorce, abortion, homosexuality, gender confusion .. etc ...

So how do we protect our citizens?