High School shooting--again

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm so glad we banned AR-15s and other assault weapons in order to prevent this type of thing.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm so glad we banned AR-15s and other assault weapons in order to prevent this type of thing.
It was a shotgun and a 38 this time,,,soon we need metal dectors like court houses and so on..imho
Yeah, I know. It was sarcasm

We protect court houses with limiting and securing the number of entrances. We do the same for banks, and office buildings and shock absorber manufacturers, and everything we think is important enough to protect. But not schools Not yet.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Instead of banning guns knifes etc maybe they should look at putting Christ back into schools all these ppl who yell anti christ I bet they celebrate CHRISTmas

Reactions: Grizzly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Instead of banning guns knifes etc maybe they should look at putting Christ back into schools all these ppl who yell anti christ I bet they celebrate CHRISTmas
Not all students celebrate CHRISTmas.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not all students celebrate CHRISTmas.

U would be surprised at the ones who are not Christian but that do celebrate it
I highly doubt these guys celebrate christmas.

F121028MH85-e1379491521641.jpg

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not all students were Christian or celebrated Christmas 50 years ago when the Pledge, the prayer and strict discipline and consequences were part of every day at school either. And none of this happened.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not all students were Christian or celebrated Christmas 50 years ago when the Pledge, the prayer and strict discipline and consequences were part of every day at school either. And none of this happened.
All very true, but adding Christ to the puplic schools isn't going to stop the madness.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All very true, but adding Christ to the puplic schools isn't going to stop the madness.

May not stop it but it would help I am by far not the Bible reading type but I do believe An when I was in school we had Christ in it an nothing like this happened

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can it be video games ?
Kids sit mindlessly killing on screen and get points for it.
The more you kill, the more glory.

Reactions: FlyingVan

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Nothing is going to stop it. The point is to stop it as much as possible and as quickly as possible. You do the first by returning to the way things were before the damn leftists ruined schools, like they ruin everything. You do the second by allowing those who are willing to challenge evil to be properly prepared to do so. The combination of those two things, combination, will bring about an almost elimination of the problem and the much fewer occurrences will be much less damaging and severe.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Nothing is going to stop it. The point is to stop it as much as possible and as quickly as possible. You do the first by returning to the way things were before the damn leftists ruined schools, like they ruin everything. You do the second by allowing those who are willing to challenge evil to be properly prepared to do so. The combination of those two things, combination, will bring about an almost elimination of the problem and the much fewer occurrences will be much less damaging and severe.
Sorry, my not always correct Texan friend.

Ya can't go back to the ways things were. Ya can't put the genie back in the bottle.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You’re both right.,
We need to “ put the genie back in the bottle.”
It probably can’t be done.
Possibly a partial return to days of yore.
It was simpler times.
Values were different.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The genie can be put back in the bottle, but it'll take as much time to put it back in as it has to let it out. One or two generations.

I think it's interesting that the one thing that all school shooters have in common is Facebook. Not that that's a cause. It's a symptom.

Reactions: FlyingVan

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You don't have to agree with my correct statements. It's your right and your privilege to disagree and be wrong. It will be difficult and it will take time but we can do it. You say we can't but what you mean is we won't. Those on the left choose not to. No, it won't be the same as then. But it can be similar and it can be close enough to greatly reduce the instance and severity of these problems. Combine that with the proper preparation and authorization of good people to act and they will virtually disappear.