May - be Locations & More

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What happened with the windshield repair?
Scheduled for 1st week in June, after rust repair is completed for glass installation.

...New engine sound fixed, and I get the idiot of the day award.

The only new thing I did prior to this was change my engine air filter. No way I could have screwed that up.

Well, I did. I forgot to hook the connecting hose back up.

Problem solved

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
... I'm sure the tax money will be used to improve the roads, right?
tenor.gif

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
$70 Fill up in MI today. No problem since I'm sure the tax money will be used to improve the roads, right?

3.45 at Toledo j last Friday but 2.64 at Walmart pump in hurst Texas.

It was 3.05 at fort worth j.
I'm gonna only use truck stops when absolute necessary they capitalize on commercial drivers. You pay for your FREE shower credits n more.

Dont even get me started on prices in Canada. When I go out west it better pay like 2 50 a mile

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How the hell do brokers know when you need to be somewhere

We need to be in Pittsburgh Friday evening. We’re in Houston, the phone is ringing, but we can’t set the hook. If we end up going back to PA on our own dime again, Imma be pissed

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

We need to be in Pittsburgh Friday evening. We’re in Houston, the phone is ringing, but we can’t set the hook. If we end up going back to PA on our own dime again, Imma be pissed

The secret to Expediting is don’t put yourself in a position to have to be somewhere.
If you have to, work your way there a week early and take time off before the event.
You may get lucky and get some shorties. If not, it’s just a cost of doing business thing.

Your method is just too stressful.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like the above.

Or have a relocation fund set aside for those "have to be somewhere" type of things. They're freight movers...not travel agents.

Reactions: ntimevan

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Part 2
You can tell brokers you have to be in Pittsburgh on Friday.
They’ll look hard for a load for you.
They know if they find one you’ll run it dirt cheap, a thought they’ll forget to mention to a shipper.

I found myself running into a particular large city very often. I started getting my dental work and physicals there as I was there much more than home. Also had someone forward my mail there.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

Oilfied supply run to western PA, they happen. Fingers crossed for ya'!

We are 3 for 3 this week heading from Memphis to Richmond. Chasing Mr. 3000

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
0/15 bids outta Dallas wtf is going on dropping rate below 1$ a mile to Ontario n still losing
Somethings gotta give...

How in the hell am I going to get a good rate to Toronto when Mr Przewinski is offering less than $1 per mile ????