Favorite Donut Chain

Favorite Donut Chain

• Total voters

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What’s your favorite and why ?
Pilot coffee is my second choice.
I am disappointed that Dunkin seldom has my two favorite choices, Chocolate Frosted Cake and Vanilla Long Johns.

Reactions: fatboy1

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My fav is Timmies. Close second is Dunkin and the old standby is Pilot especially when I’m on the run. The other two when I have the time to stop and enjoy.
The reason I like Timmies because they are all over by my house and they usually have my type of donut available. I think the closest Dunkin is like 5-6 miles away. Kinda far to go to get a cup of Joe.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't drink coffee, so that's not a factor. One summer during high school I worked at Dunkin Donuts from 9pm-6am making the donuts. It was fun/not fun. It was a lot of work, but I learned a lot about the equipment and how the dough and cake batters reacted under various conditions. Employees could eat as many donuts as they wanted, no limits, and for the first 2 weeks I did just that. After that the only time I ate any donuts was to ensure they tasted like they're supposed to taste. In the 40 odd years since, I don't think I've eaten more than 2 or 3 dozen donuts in total. My favorite items at Dunkin is the apple filled cinnamon donuts and the apple fritters, which are made from the scraps of dough that can no longer rise to make donuts with.

A hot, freshly glazed donut off the rack at Krispy Kreme is a thing of beauty and wonder. Once they've cooled down, especially when you buy them at a convenience or grocery store, they're nothing more than store-bought donuts. Yawn. But if you see that HOT sign lit up at Krispy Kreme, go in and ask for a couple right off the rack. It's an experience like no other.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don’t care for Krispy Kreme, but I have had then hot off the line, and agree they’re like teenage sex.

Reactions: ucfd608

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
police-isupd-iowa-stateu-police-instead-of-smoking-weed-today-3126729.png

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

This is funnier if you look at the Shipley’s Location map.
They’re all bunched up in the mid-south.
Now they’re straying 100s of miles out of thier territory to build one in, of all places , in COLORADO !
A guy that can’t sell donuts in Colorado would be like an expediter that can’t get a load out of Detroit.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't eat donuts on the road much. Was more swayed towards few local Heav'nly Donuts (mostly in MA and NJ territory). You know those donuts are good if they can compete in Dunkin Donuts territory for 50+ years and survive.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I seldom eat them anymore, unless it’s one I know is going to be very good.
I’m not going to but that much bad stuff in my body unless I’m guaranteed the payoff will be very good.

Reactions: VSprinter

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, if you are ever here...
Kane's Donuts - Saugus, MA.
Their donuts are soooo good, they sell out of best ones by 08:30 am, so get here quick (one shop donut outfit).

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Reactions: ntimevan