May - be Locations & More

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After first striking out (yet again) today trying to get my windshield/rust repair work done. Finally got some good news. Found a local shop that can do the work :)

Van will be down about a week, so planning on 1st week of June.

Maybe tonight I can get more then 5 hrs of sleep. Yeah, I was getting a little worried :rolleyes:

Ok, so I'm curious ... exactly how much rust is there? We've all seen Sprinters that have some rust on them, in various spots. Got a photo you can share ...?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok, so I'm curious ... exactly how much rust is there? We've all seen Sprinters that have some rust on them, in various spots. Got a photo you can share ...?

Really not much that can be seen, but apparently enough to raise eyebrows. From my multiple shop visits, a liability concern arises from what (may) lie beneath, If replaced without any needed repair. The windshield, which acts as a roll bar, could pop out causing all kind of liability issues, which is what's scaring off people (as explained to me).

Won't know for sure if any actual rust repairs are needed until windshield is cut out, and checked out more closely.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
5750913D-F47F-4DF6-AFEB-3E16E64D792E.jpeg When Zorry had his COE rust around the windshield was an issue. Although an aluminum cab, the glass was in a metal frame.
The truck was a 2001 and around 2010 Paccar only had one or two new ones available in the US.
At $3000 each.
He found a Peterbilt body shop that was able to save his.

Last edited:

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
View attachment 17394 When Zorry had his COE rust around the windshield was an issue. Although an aluminum cab, the glass was in a metal frame.
The truck was a 2001 and around 2010 Paccar only had one or two new ones available in the US.
At $3000 each.
He found a Peterbilt body shop that was able to save his.

I like Zorry’s rig. A shame the COE is becoming if not already extinct. Oh you might find some on the road here and there and over yonder but very few.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I liked it too.
34 feet bumper to bumper.
N-14 10-11 mpg
2 Sleepers, 108” combined and 20 foot box.
He carried pallet jack on dolly legs when needed.
He sold it to buy a Carb Compliant Truck.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Oh boy, I'm empty in Niagara Falls, NY. I would ask you to join me for breakfast or something, but I don't want to harass you. Hope you get a load quickly.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh boy, I'm empty in Niagara Falls, NY. I would ask you to join me for breakfast or something, but I don't want to harass you. Hope you get a load quickly.

Remember to Smile ..
it reduces Stress ..

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

As in:
"Harasser, moving into area where you live"?

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Russia, New Jersey, same area I hear?

I live in South Jersey (newest home of sports betting) near the Pine Barrens (where the North Jersey mob buried the bodies) so knot sure what we are, but I know the locals, known as Pineys, make rednecks look like Harvard grads.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I live in South Jersey (newest home of sports betting) near the Pine Barrens (where the North Jersey mob buried the bodies) so knot sure what we are, but I know the locals, known as Pineys, make rednecks look like Harvard grads.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Once a "meddler from Russia, ahm.. Joisee", always a meddler.

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still at Walmart i30 Arlington no prob parking apparently today was slow all over.. dispatch says stay I guess dont count weekend as waiting time loads rare Sunday especially. Hope to be out of here tomorrow best freight area around but I'm limited to Canada bound of course

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Managed to get my self back in service. Got a shorty a few miles from home going to Romulus. Looked like it was going to cancel as UPS had just picked it up. But they had him bring it back. Wasn't pleased with the delay, since now I would be going through Detroit at peak rush time. Surprisingly, I got through with little slow downs.

Now at Wayne's World and back out of service. New engine sound needs investigating. Murphy continuing to knock on my van this week

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Managed to get my self back in service. Got a shorty a few miles from home going to Romulus. Looked like it was going to cancel as UPS had just picked it up. But they had him bring it back. Wasn't pleased with the delay, since now I would be going through Detroit at peak rush time. Surprisingly, I got through with little slow downs.

Now at Wayne's World and back out of service. New engine sound needs investigating. Murphy continuing to knock on my van this week

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app
What happened with the windshield repair?