May the Power of One be with you

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Evening Load One! Time to get back on the right month. Got back in service Monday morning and BAM got a load . After I unloaded Monday night I DH and this morning got a load from the Tennessee office and a darn good paying load. Got 30 miles from my delivery today and the office called with a load picking up in the same city for a am pickup.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
A few months ago I needed to hang around the house for the following weekend, so on Monday I let them know that I will only do shorties.

A few hours later they came up with a 75 mile run that would go for the whole week every day. Money was good, so just what I needed. All good and dandy, but by the third day it got old. Was glad when the week was over.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Evening Load One! Got my load off this morning and just woke up from a nap and got done eating dinner. The office called with a load that picks up tomorrow. It's been a good week!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How is the money on it all?

Much better then I expected, exceeded my weekly goal, with a lot less miles :)

quote-I-hate-math-but-I-love-counting-money.jpg

A few months ago I needed to hang around the house for the following weekend, so on Monday I let them know that I will only do shorties.

A few hours later they came up with a 75 mile run that would go for the whole week every day. Money was good, so just what I needed. All good and dandy, but by the third day it got old. Was glad when the week was over.

It was a busy 4 day week. 7 loads :eek:

Despite a reduction in miles, and good pay, it was starting to feel like the old 9 to 5 grind and starting to get old. But still was enjoying the shorter runs. So I'm a little torn on it.

Overall, was a good experience. But really looking forward to the weekend now ;)

The really good thing was, my week started and ended at home, where I am now :)

I wouldn't mind doing that every week :D

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon Load One live from Fuddruckers! Got freight loaded and I'll be driving a bit until it's time for the All Star race tonight at Charlotte. Thinking about doing more driving after the race and finish it up tomorrow for a Monday morning delivery.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Sunday Morning Load One live from Waffle House! Drove a little bit more than half way yesterday. Getting ready to eat breakfast and got a good days of work ahead of me.

I stop and watch the All Star race last night and I GOT WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR! What a GREAT race it was. Hope everyone is running this weekend and stay safe!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Plans for today..

-Meet and greet with new Lawn care guy, umm (kid). He's the cousin of my last lawn care person. Past guy ensures me he will do a good job, but I hate braking in a new person :rolleyes:

-Then the scary project, replacing my iphone battery and still having a working phone :D
My battery is so bad right now, you can watch the charge rapidly drop as your using it.
I ordered a battery replacement kit (much cheaper then a new phone or sending it in). Pretty nervous about screwing it up after watching the "how to" videos. Hopefully, it works out ;)

Reactions: ntimevan