It never stops amazing me...

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A 3500 with the super single option grosses at 9990

Sent from my LG-M150 using EO Forums mobile app
Here at Mercedes Benz Of Fort Mitchell and the 2017 were changed to 9990lb super single. The older ones were 10,140lb. I talk to Dan and he told me that the 3500 were starting to sell more as I knew they would with the 9990lb.
Too much Sprinter for me. What’s the width between the wells on those 3500’s? Are they still 46”?

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

Here at Mercedes Benz Of Fort Mitchell and the 2017 were changed to 9990lb super single. The older ones were 10,140lb. I talk to Dan and he told me that the 3500 were starting to sell more as I knew they would with the 9990lb.
Too much Sprinter for me. What’s the width between the wells on those 3500’s? Are they still 46”?
With the super single they were 48.3 inches between the wheel wells. Dan told me the new ones should be 50 inches between. I'm just about to be done here, I'll go measure in a bit .

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
With the super single they were 48.3 inches between the wheel wells. Dan told me the new ones should be 50 inches between. I'm just about to be done here, I'll go measure in a bit .
Different tires sizes, front and rear?
Could be somewhat of a problem with tire rotation and wear...

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Reactions: RedBird

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for Actually measuring in between wheel wells, good info for those interested.

H8trs gonna H8

Reactions: RedBird

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Market fluctuations? What type of fluctuations? What exactly are you referring to ..?

Miles are miles, freight is freight ...

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
Availability of drivers in that area...
Diesel price increase.
Weird loads...
Destination location, or do you drive for 0.75c into Laredo?

Reactions: Turtle

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Market fluctuations? What type of fluctuations? What exactly are you referring to ..?

Maybe VSprinter is referring to “spot market” rates.
Now freight lanes like those fluctuate. Example being the same type of load/freight. All coming out of Chicago.....one goes to Laredo and one goes to Miami, and one goes to Seattle. Now let’s say all are between 1800-2200 miles give or take. Each lane is going to pay differently. Rates affected could be ease of getting loads out of those areas, etc....
*I hope I explained it correctly or if someone has better knowledge please correct me.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

Between the wheel wells it's 48 inches.

Reactions: ntimevan

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Different tires sizes, front and rear?
Could be somewhat of a problem with tire rotation and wear...

Yep, the rears are a super single and yes different sizes.

Reactions: ntimevan

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe VSprinter is referring to “spot market” rates.
Now freight lanes like those fluctuate. Example being the same type of load/freight. All coming out of Chicago.....one goes to Laredo and one goes to Miami, and one goes to Seattle. Now let’s say all are between 1800-2200 miles give or take. Each lane is going to pay differently. Rates affected could be ease of getting loads out of those areas, etc....
*I hope I explained it correctly or if someone has better knowledge please correct me.

Yes, I am just not good at explaining things sometimes.
Thank you.
Although...
Market fluctuations means that prices (rates in our case) go up and down, based on variables.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Availability of drivers in that area...
Diesel price increase.
Weird loads...
Destination location, or do you drive for 0.75c into Laredo?

So your rates change based on all these factors ..? Fuel has been going up for over a year now. Should the rates to the truck reflect that?

Startling revelation. Thank you ..

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Between the wheel wells it's 48 inches.
Just a skosh too tight.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So your rates change based on all these factors ..? Fuel has been going up for over a year now. Should the rates to the truck reflect that?

Startling revelation. Thank you ..
I know carriers charge extra, don't know if fleet drivers get the extra they should.

Reactions: Grizzly and RedBird

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I know carriers charge extra, don't know if fleet drivers get the extra they should.

That’s generally the art of negotiating between the carrier and brokers. The rates vary! Especially interesting when broker will not budge on price and the load doesn’t move and you start to see the price increase upwards!

Reactions: Grizzly