May the Power of One be with you

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered this morning. Still having issues with the App not being able to scan the complete BOL when there are black block lines on the page. Took me a while to figure out how to manually scan with the new QC. Just figured out how to upload a phone pic, so hopefully that will work next time it happens.

Still having to unplug and re-plug in my QC every 2 hrs to keep the tracking going. Going to wear out my old port if this keeps up much longer ;)

I miss my old QC :rolleyes:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Yeah the big black lines mess up the scanning function. Worst case you can upload a pic through the app.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The app does allow you to import docs from other apps (a nice feature). I've been using an app called Cam Scanner for years for all my customs ppwrk. It has all sorts of easy functions for fixing and correcting poor originals (like faint dot matrix printing on yellow or pink paper). So if the in app scanner lets you down you have non QC options still.

Reactions: RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Amazing how quickly we become dependent on technology. Scanning in the trucks didnt exist till we were one of the first carriers 7 years ago. Now look how quickly the app changed all that and how dependent in a matter of months we are on it. #appenvy

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Amazing how quickly we become dependent on technology. Scanning in the trucks didnt exist till we were one of the first carriers 7 years ago. Now look how quickly the app changed all that and how dependent in a matter of months we are on it. #appenvy

Very true. Just having to use the QC to manually scan left me scratching my head today :D

Are there any plans on getting the App to track us. Would solve one of my problems ;)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Very true. Just having to use the QC to manually scan left me scratching my head today :D

Are there any plans on getting the App to track us. Would solve one of my problems ;)

Not really. We have thought about doing that but only as an emergency feature. Say the omnitracs system was down. Then we could message the fleet and maybe have them like push a button to engage tracking. But not in the works at this time.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not really. We have thought about doing that but only as an emergency feature. Say the omnitracs system was down. Then we could message the fleet and maybe have them like push a button to engage tracking. But not in the works at this time.

The load I had before this one got me thinking on the whole tracking thing. The customer wanted to track me via phone (first time for that). Seemed redundant, but after I stopped rolling my eyes, I went along with it. Don't know how well it worked on their end, but was pretty simple on mine.

Reactions: piper1 and ntimevan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning gang. Another day....another airplane. Off to a customer meeting or two and spend some time with the TN and Carolina offices.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good morning gang. Another day....another airplane. Off to a customer meeting or two and spend some time with the TN and Carolina offices.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums
Tell Griffin that he's slacking off to much, lol

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon Load One live from Mercedes Benz Of Fort Mitchell! Got my load off this morning and was early of course. Getting the van service and heading home for Mothers day!

Yesterday while I was on my load, I stop at Kroger to get fuel. A man approach me and was asking about expediting. Told him how it works and he was wanting to know about vans. I told him to get on here and read and watch out for fleet owners, there's some bad ones.

He told me that he had Class A and only been out of the truck for a 8 months. He asked about Str8 and told him that would be a better option. Gave him one of our cards and gave him names of Fleetowners and told him to ask for Brian. Wish him the best!