Load One April!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Well did Charlotte load Friday night. Load was scheduled at 6pm pickup and I was loaded and rolling by 5 to 5:15 pm. Got to the consignee at 12am and got the load off. After that DH to Nashville to eat with some friends Saturday afternoon and came back down to the parents house and watch the race tonight. Will be back at it Monday morning and the safety glasses should be coming in.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What was it?
Mostly a failure to communicate some information.

My new QC is not hard wired, it plugs into my diagnostic port.
My QC does not recognize when the ignition is turned on.
So I have to disconnect it from the port and reconnect it each time for it to come back on, after it times out and shuts down.
Apparently, there is a setting that needs to be changed on omnitracs side to correct this. Matt said hopefully by Friday, just waiting on them to make the change.

So, a little longer inconvenience, but hopefully, the end is in site.

At least, I know how to bring it back to life now

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
You would have to ask Matt. It has been a bit of a challenge on the vans and I think it varies by van type and year.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My DRB III port is not available. I have a Scangauge plugged in there to monitor several important things in real time. Don't want to give that up.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think I'm cursed...

Newest QC issue. I can receive messages, but not the load information.
Dispatched on 2 loads today with the same results :dash2:

Requested load info from QC (which normally works if it doesn't come over) yielded nothing. I wanted to see if the navigation was any better on this unit, but didn't get the chance. All information was sent to the App, including my multiple QC requests. Will try to give Matt a call tomorrow, booked for a morning pickup.

Oh, and this unplugging/plugging in of the QC to start it back up is already being more of a pain then I thought. I had hoped I could reset the timer every time I stopped, but nope it has a mind of its own :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan