Please i need advice fast.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Local runs, are you the same guy who in another post on EO asked about Load1? That you had applied to drive for a fleet owner who has trucks leased onto Load1?

If so, and you screwed over this company in Green Bay. Word spreads fast amongst people who screw over carriers, fleet owners and such, and everybody knows pretty much everybody in this business.

If you pull a stunt with Load1 like you did with this carrier in Green Bay. You’ll have committed expedite suicide because you’re messing with John K. Elliot and his stellar reputation and company in the expedite business.

I don’t know you but listen to everybody who is giving you their wisdom, advice, expertise in this business. It may not be what you want to hear but you’re going to get some of the best advice ever from guys who do this day in and day out for a living.

Now as for driving long distances with regard to taking rest periods. Everyone’s body is different and some guys know how much driving in a day they can handle before they need rest. So if someone does long distance driving with very little rest! Does that make them a bad driver? THAT driver knows what they’re capable of handling and their body will tell them, I need rest!

As someone stated earlier CONTRACTS are geared towards the protection of the carrier and I’m sure based on the advice of their insurance company and their attorney they have clauses in their contract. Right now you’re upset with the money you lost if you take them to court you’ll spend far more money than you’ll recoup!

Let the matter drop! Chalk it up to a learning experience and move on with your life and career. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Lol yeah? No offense bud....but you couldn't handle staying in a truck over a week. I'm sorry you aren't physically or mentally able to run like us. Doesn't make us unsafe, makes us strong. Did you get to sleep all the time in the Army? Because as Marine Infantry, I used to go days with little sleep .

That being said, I'm running one from Raleigh ,NC to Kansas City, KS. Picked up at 2230 last night, running straight through. Around 1150 miles. Should deliver around 1600. I'll get a couple hours of sleep and do it again.

You seriously need to shut up and listen to the advice of everyone on here. Some really great, and knowledgeable drivers/OO's on here who's giving you the advice you asked for .
See you just killed youself when them eyelids close cause of driving 19 plus hours straight thru! Im good with doing runs like that if you can work a few hrs of sleep in to it. If not im good at sitting and waiting for a better load. Id rather risk losing a few dollars,,than the greater thing myself or someones life! See all you great trucker s took up for the crook here! I asked hoping someone had experience with a bad company to find out what they could do about me leaving truck there. You all scream abandonment when it was a bogus company.I think like most of the other post on here! If i dont know how to help the driver then im not going to speak on it or write about it!

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You all scream abandonment when it was bogus company.
ABANDONMENT, ABANDONMENT, ABANDONMENT. I know nothing about the company in question. It may be bogus, it may not be. There is nothing bogus about where you left the van though. ABANDONMENT, ABANDONMENT, ABANDONMENT.

Reactions: RoadTime

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That being said, I'm running one from Raleigh ,NC to Kansas City, KS. Picked up at 2230 last night, running straight through. Around 1150 miles. Should deliver around 1600.
Ended up being around 1820 with fuel stops and construction. Still had it there hours before it was due.

That's how I get offered team loads. :)
I'll get a couple hours of sleep and do it again.

And you even had time to post your exploits here on E.O.!

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They picked you up.
They put you in a vehicle.
They attempted to dispatch you.
Sounds legit to me.

You were too legit, so you quit.

That about RAPS it up.

Too legit, too legit, so he quit !

Reactions: ucfd608

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Local runs, are you the same guy who in another post on EO asked about Load1? That you had applied to drive for a fleet owner who has trucks leased onto Load1?

If so, and you screwed over this company in Green Bay. Word spreads fast amongst people who screw over carriers, fleet owners and such, and everybody knows pretty much everybody in this business.

If you pull a stunt with Load1 like you did with this carrier in Green Bay. You’ll have committed expedite suicide because you’re messing with John K. Elliot and his stellar reputation and company in the expedite business.

I don’t know you but listen to everybody who is giving you their wisdom, advice, expertise in this business. It may not be what you want to hear but you’re going to get some of the best advice ever from guys who do this day in and day out for a living.

Now as for driving long distances with regard to taking rest periods. Everyone’s body is different and some guys know how much driving in a day they can handle before they need rest. So if someone does long distance driving with very little rest! Does that make them a bad driver? THAT driver knows what they’re capable of handling and their body will tell them, I need rest!

As someone stated earlier CONTRACTS are geared towards the protection of the carrier and I’m sure based on the advice of their insurance company and their attorney they have clauses in their contract. Right now you’re upset with the money you lost if you take them to court you’ll spend far more money than you’ll recoup!

Let the matter drop! Chalk it up to a learning experience and move on with your life and career. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
See first of all i screwed over no one! The whole time im the one who lost money for nothing. Like ive said you drive 200 miles with out actually dispatching one load is a scam... I finally called them out and said look im going to give you a 3rd chance at getting a real load. They said ok i waited for about hr and then they wanted to know when my arrivial back to green bay was. Then i ask them to give me a ride back down to Milwaukee,where i flew into last night. And they had no problem picking me up at. So they said they couldn't .So i told them where i left the van at airport. Took numerous pictures and videos of van and sent them copies. And left in a secured parking lot fenced in. All top notch professionalism on my part! I wished i could have said the same about them.

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
They picked you up.
They put you in a vehicle.
They attempted to dispatch you.
Sounds legit to me.

You were too legit, so you quit.

That about RAPS it up.

Too legit, too legit, so he quit !
Are you not reading what i write? They never dispatched a load! They would just call and say head here then head here. Two mess ups ok ill give you! But the 3rd one i told them find something near me and for sure that you can win bid and dispatch it! Im back below Milwaukee at this point and anyone on here knows they are plenty of frieght there and back down towards chicago . The only other call back was about a load close to where i started out at that morning ,but i probably couldnt make pick up time so i waited again. Then they called back and wanted to know when id be back to green bay. So no actually if you would read they never dispatched one load!!

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
How long have you been in this business? If you don't mind me asking.

Sent from my SM-N910V using EO Forums mobile app
Drove 2007 to 2008 for 2 owners with panther the first owner was ok. He would say a pro ever now and then didnt pay out till the next week and i knew it did but in the end he settled up with me when i meet him back at panther. Then i went with a better owner he paid a straight 40 cents a mile awsome owner. The only bad thing was this was the start of the auto industry hick up,, so he was having it rough. Then his van broke down on me the rear went out and he said id be down 2 weeks so i found local work. Then went back out 2011 till 2014 as owner op first at xpress1 then at panther. After that i ran a local pharmacy route cause my van had went out!And most companys want a sprinter type van is only reason im not owner anymore to expensive to buy one right now! Ive got 3 kids and a wife. She hasnt worked since she had the first baby. My record is solid i was just rushing to find work and ended up getting screwed. I thought since this was the company and not just a fleet owner it would have been legit. Ive always heard to stick to the big 3 panther ,fedex, landstar. You live n you learn. I rushed it to much , when my guts told me something was wrong with the way they was rushing to get me up there.

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A Bogus company would have said “Yeah, get our van up here, we’ll take you to Milwaukee “.
Then changed their mind AFTER you brought the van back.

Reactions: Moot

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
A Bogus company would have said “Yeah, get our van up here, we’ll take you to Milwaukee “.
Then changed their mind AFTER you brought the van back.
No a bogus company would screw you like this. Panther and express1 dispatch loads. Now given they may cancel or not fit when you get there. But they dispatch them! Not just send you on a wild goose chase!! Lol

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just don't understand why he asks for advise, then doesn't want to consider the advise given.

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I guess my question was way off! I dont write to well!And i was in the moment.This was right when i figured out i been had and was mad at myself for letting this happen. Once i looked back i seen all the signs of a fraud company! Id already decided i was leaving truck. I guess i should have worded it better. Like what can i do to this company! Its like on here i could blast there name like some do on here! But im not! Do they deserve it hell yes but i missed alot of signs that they where fools given alot came once they picked me up at airport! I know if they would have said anything on the phone about another expedite company stopping doing business with them that would have been my for sure sign. Other companys usually like to keep good relations with each other in case they need help on a load. V3 want to business with anymore this was told about 15 mins into or drive up to greenbay. Dont know what they did but im sure it wasnt good lol!#

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I'll say it plainly for you, you sir are about half a moron for asking for advice and then not listening...a wise person asks a question then listens, a moron asks a question and then keeps talking and NOT listening. Abandonment is when you do not return vehicle to agreed upon place by both parties. I've been driving (with numerous safe driving etc awards) since 1995. Tractor trailer (van, flatbed, reefer, car hauler) and 4 years in expedite. Been an owner op in semi, and now with a promaster. I can safely drive 1000 miles or more some days and 200 miles other days. I know what I can do and only accept loads I can do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using EO Forums mobile app

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dude we have all tried telling you that abandoned the vehicle it will go on your dac an as far as anything you can do to that company there is nothing you can do you signed the contract with them got into there van drove around decided you didn’t want to work for them went to the airport parked the van took pictures An videos got a plane ticket flew home that is abandonment there is plenty of good company an a few great companies but a lot of bad ones you have to do research I honestly think that expediting is not for you at all but that is my opinion but you need to realize you made a mistake an live an learn An move on an quit talking about it dude it is getting to be like a broken record

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I'll say it plainly for you, you sir are about half a moron for asking for advice and then not listening...a wise person asks a question then listens, a moron asks a question and then keeps talking and NOT listening. Abandonment is when you do not return vehicle to agreed upon place by both parties. I've been driving (with numerous safe driving etc awards) since 1995. Tractor trailer (van, flatbed, reefer, car hauler) and 4 years in expedite. Been an owner op in semi, and now with a promaster. I can safely drive 1000 miles or more some days and 200 miles other days. I know what I can do and only accept loads I can do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using EO Forums mobile app
I hope i get to meet you out on the rd one day buddy! For you went a little over calling someone a moron you know nothing about! A face to face is what we need to have! To bad your on west coast right now. Please if you get in the alabama or tn area. Send me a private msg id love to discuss this futher with you#