Fool me once.....April is here

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Screw it. I'll work for both. He with the best deal wins.

I'll begin by taking possession of my border crossing sticker (free, and totally within my rights as I paid for it and own the van/plates)

(Edit: does that make me a multi? Should do something with my 2 million commercial insurance coverage I guess)

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ya know something ain’t right when ya can’t land a run to Laredo for .75

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I rarely drive out of Laredo at that rate. I wouldn't even talk about load to Laredo at less than a 100 cents a mile (all miles that is).

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Reactions: ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Funny. I saw your message in an email, but it's not on the website or the app.

The border sticker from dtops can be edited by the owner of the vehicle. Any company can take posession, with an explanation as to why, and it is free.

The fact that I own the vehicle and plates (and can provide proof I paid for it if contested by the company) is enough for me to just log into my dtops account and change it at will.

Most people don't know this as the instructions on their website lead you to believe you need a special account with them; it takes 5 minutes and is free, all you need is a valid decal

Last time I left my company, the new company changed it to theirs on their own, with permission from nobody. In turn, when I left that new company, I changed it back to my own myself.

Sent from my STV100-3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: RoadTime

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So. I've been taken off expedite.

Instead, I now can say yes or no to any delivery as I see fit with no repercussions.

It will be more locals but I will be offered the expedite runs when they run out of drivers.

I won't get the 400 mile run that never has a backhaul, unless absolutely necessary (and I can still say no with no repercussions)

o_O

:D:D:D:p

(Edit: :happyhappy::JC_ThankYou:)

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So. I've been taken off expedite.

Instead, I now can say yes or no to any delivery as I see fit with no repercussions.

It will be more locals but I will be offered the expedite runs when they run out of drivers.

I won't get the 400 mile run that never has a backhaul, unless absolutely necessary (and I can still say no with no repercussions)

o_O

:D:D:D:p

(Edit: :happyhappy::JC_ThankYou:)
Jeepers, guys...
Some contracts you sign...
7 companies here, none of them are even close to the horrors you are describing.
I create perfect competition field for them.
One that gets me a load at my rate gets to boast that they hired me today.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Union. To be on the super special hot list, you need:

2 million liability
28 days out of 30 available
No refusals without documented acceptable reason, like hospital admission

And the aforementioned 2 weeks notice for PM, max 3 days bereavement even if your kids or wife die...those are some highlights

The amazing part is how long I kept it up...

(Oh and on breakdowns you were expected to rent a replacement vehicle by next day)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now that OVM is retired, Ntimevan is my business manager and he won't let me run cheap

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Who is OVM?

You remember him as Mr JuJu

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Back in service 10pm (c) ..
Taxes done .. refund from Federal & State of Iowa .. CPA approved...

Looks like i have to possibly retrain WOM again .. since Spring Showers are soon arriving..

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app