Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
RoadTime ......

2293b35982c5712d9a62b01dbbb23a2c.jpg

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
+1 Happy Birthday!!!

So. Being off for a week, the new corporate unionized hybrid bullspeak has me "demoted" from expedite. (You aren't allowed to take time off without 2 weeks advance approval, maintenance must be booked ahead by the same amount, breakdowns must be given notice of at least 3 days, you must be available 28 days out of 30, in the case of a close family member dying you have 3 days to mourn, yada yada)

You corporate types that have driver shortages realize that each owner operator, WHEN AVAILABLE, makes an extra van available for you with the costs borne by said owner operator...RIGHT?

There is a smaller company that has been after me for 2 years...something about the fact that I do a good job, and go anywhere anytime in any weather "when available" which is 90% of the time not 95%...possibly that smaller corporate company knows x + y = more than x + nothing?

Keep y'all posted. This is why you live payment free. Should be entertaining to hear what the current company comes up with, most of their vans are shorties...

What is it with common sense being absent from large companies?

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
+1 Happy Birthday!!!

So. Being off for a week, the new corporate unionized hybrid bullspeak has me "demoted" from expedite. (You aren't allowed to take time off without 2 weeks advance approval, maintenance must be booked ahead by the same amount, breakdowns must be given notice of at least 3 days, you must be available 28 days out of 30, in the case of a close family member dying you have 3 days to mourn, yada yada)

You corporate types that have driver shortages realize that each owner operator, WHEN AVAILABLE, makes an extra van available for you with the costs borne by said owner operator...RIGHT?

There is a smaller company that has been after me for 2 years...something about the fact that I do a good job, and go anywhere anytime in any weather "when available" which is 90% of the time not 95%...possibly that smaller corporate company knows x + y = more than x + nothing?

Keep y'all posted. This is why you live payment free. Should be entertaining to hear what the current company comes up with, most of their vans are shorties...

What is it with common sense being absent from large companies?
Totally agree with you.
It's a treasure to find a company that "works with you", not "pretends to employ you."

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."