Please i need advice fast.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Drive-A-Check, or DAC, is like a credit report for CDL holders.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I told them to meet me at airport thats not abandment. Im telling you where its at and giving the keys back not abandoned even if they think it is they will have hell ever getting a dollar from me . should have knew first thing this morning when they asked how many miles can you do straight thru. And they said we got a driver doing non stop 1300 miles. No way you can do that safe

For one thing you should give them a week or two leaving notice. Then the vehicle has to be returned to the place where from you picked it up or wherever is written in the contract.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Can you think of any other reason besides the 5 you listed that it wasn't your fault, geez, like the "affluent" defense or something. The first post was a bit hard to follow, but I was thinking why not call the company and start asking questions, or at least a bonus for deadhead or bad area, or if nothing else, clarification. The time to ask for advice from people in the know is before the fact, not after......and then disagreeing throwing out any possible angle you can to not accept any blame for how things turned out. I predict as the millennials begin to enter this industry we are going to see more of the "I quit" and "everybody gets a trophy and not suffer any consequences" type mentality.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Sorry expediting isn't working out for you. Sometimes that's the way it goes. Some areas are better than others. But you can't ask for advice, then argue with the people who give it to you because it isn't what you want to hear. It doesn't sound like expedite is a good fit for you, because I often run 1000+ miles at a time. Does it suck? Yes. Is it possible? Absolutely.

I think you should do some better research before you jump into something feet first .

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Can you think of any other reason besides the 5 you listed that it wasn't your fault, geez, like the "affluent" defense or something. The first post was a bit hard to follow, but I was thinking why not call the company and start asking questions, or at least a bonus for deadhead or bad area, or if nothing else, clarification. The time to ask for advice from people in the know is before the fact, not after......and then disagreeing throwing out any possible angle you can to not accept any blame for how things turned out. I predict as the millennials begin to enter this industry we are going to see more of the "I quit" and "everybody gets a trophy and not suffer any consequences" type mentality.
The first would be this company is a scam! The loads was never even sent over! Not one load was ever properly dispatched .And any of you on here that would say you would drive 200 miles without seeing a real load offer is crazy! I gave them 2 trips that i chased. with not one load on the books, then i offered to set there and wait till they could get a load that was booked for sure within a 100 miles of my location. And i for sure know they are plenty of freight within a 100 miles of Milwaukee! What these idoits were trying to do was bullcrap. i figured they was bidding on loads no one wanted trying to get a outlandish amount per mile! Either ways they are crooks and i reported them to fmcsa

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Sorry expediting isn't working out for you. Sometimes that's the way it goes. Some areas are better than others. But you can't ask for advice, then argue with the people who give it to you because it isn't what you want to hear. It doesn't sound like expedite is a good fit for you, because I often run 1000+ miles at a time. Does it suck? Yes. Is it possible? Absolutely.

I think you should do some better research before you jump into something feet first .
Good luck at running a 1000 miles straight thru. When them eyelids close ill pass you in ditch somewhere! I hold multiple safe driving awards and bonus awards and dont plan on messing that up over a few more dollars. At panther along over the 2 and half years there i got two safe driving awards and 2 silver bonus and a gold. My record speaks for itself. This company is a scam and bogus. If you are thinking of going with a company near green bay give me a msg and ill tell you there name!

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
And for all of you interested! Had a lawyer look at contract! He said let them try anything!! Cause you was a employee. They provided the equipment to do the job! Plain and simple if you are provided materials to complete the job your not a contract worker! He said he would have no problem winning. But like he said more than likely they want be stupid enough to do that. He told me like it was, and like i knew. He said point blank they thought they had found them a fool and you proved them wrong. And said i shouldn't worry about them.

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Naw it read better than that... it said if you been screwed by trucking company call me asap! The lawyer was sticksnstones@ www. Dont get screwed over by shady companys.com

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Lol yeah? No offense bud....but you couldn't handle staying in a truck over a week. I'm sorry you aren't physically or mentally able to run like us. Doesn't make us unsafe, makes us strong. Did you get to sleep all the time in the Army? Because as Marine Infantry, I used to go days with little sleep .

That being said, I'm running one from Raleigh ,NC to Kansas City, KS. Picked up at 2230 last night, running straight through. Around 1150 miles. Should deliver around 1600. I'll get a couple hours of sleep and do it again.

You seriously need to shut up and listen to the advice of everyone on here. Some really great, and knowledgeable drivers/OO's on here who's giving you the advice you asked for .

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That being said, I'm running one from Raleigh ,NC to Kansas City, KS. Picked up at 2230 last night, running straight through. Around 1150 miles. Should deliver around 1600. I'll get a couple hours of sleep and do it again.
Wow! 66 MPH average. You can always sleep next week.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a lawyer look at contract! He said let them try anything!! Cause you was a employee. They provided the equipment to do the job! Plain and simple if you are provided materials to complete the job your not a contract worker! He said he would have no problem winning.
Does this mean you retained the services of this lawyer to sue these crooks and get your money back plus compensation for emotional trauma?

Reactions: ucfd608

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Lol yep! Sorry some people aren't able to do something as such....but it is possible....it has been done. Ended up being around 1820 with fuel stops and construction. Still had it there hours before it was due.

That's how I get offered team loads. :)

So anyways local runs find yourself a cushy 9-5 job...expedite isn't for you.

Last edited:

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
What attorney in the world would take such a case? Even with a huge retainer fee?

Those contracts for company drivers are set up in favor of the company. Also most companies have you sign an arbitrator agreement which you agreed to have all disputes settled by an arbitrator versus a civil court case.

Save your money, because you're just going to spend more without gaining anything. But who am I kidding?? You already know it all!!