New App for Sprinters & Cargo Vans

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, you show 'em! ... lol
I'm just relaying information ...
I am glad that You installed it . You can use it for a ride Home from the bar when you've had too much to drink next time ..

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Great, If I need a ride home, can I use the bed ?
Or better yet, if I hook up would an expediter take us to a secluded spot ?
I’ll give him detention. First two hours free.....

Ragmans formulating his “mini” joke as you read this.

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I truly don't understand. No I don't think it's a conflict of interest (mostly because I believe people should be able to do what they want)

Most of 12 years, I've been with the same carrier. Yes I would throw them under the bus in a tenth of a second if it benefits me (as they would do, and have, to me)

But since I never would have heard of it without your post, thanks ntimevan. Gonna give it a whirl

Edit: oh, one of these. Congrats Lawrence, but other than a possible "cherry on top" to real freight, these apps seem to be loaded with cheap freight

Not a competition to freight companies, ntimevan...unless I missed the insurance compliance section (who's gonna send a half million dollars in freight with Billy Jo Trucker in a chevy pickup? Personal items, different story like uship)

Edit#2: to be fair to Lawrence, with all the requirements for drivers there must be insurance in place, would be good if proof was easier to find. Good luck with this, I'd be interested if you didn't ask for a safety, and cut the vehicle off at 10 years old :D
See .. B C .... thats my point ..
Discussion .. something New (app) .
Everyone goes Crazy when you mention Self Driving Truck or Van .. Oh No its the End of the World . Trucking Companies are going Driverless . No Jobs or Income for US.
People are Pissed at ME for bringing up a New Technology Tool .
Why..?

If you choose to use it .. Great
If you choose Not to use it .. thats your choice ..
Did i downgrade or call someone names .. Nope
Did i start an Argument with another EO member .. Nope
OH , i have more info i could of posted .. yes , but thats for a later date if needed .
Am i guilty of something.. Yep , bringing up a New Technology Tool and creating a Topic for which members to think about ... have a good evening

Reactions: fastman_1

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Hey, I look at it like this. I'll let people that's WAY above my paid grade and WAY above my intelligence handle it, LOL. So for me it doesn't bother me or concern me either way.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's the key, where's the insurance certificate?

I just did the initial download. I haven't completed the registration. I won't have time to digest it for a few days.

I imagine the insurance is covered in the fine print. The attorneys most likely have taken care of it ;) Independant contractors .. much like the other tech apps we mentioned. The app company usually washes their hands ..

Lawrence? Can you elaborate on this?
Is insurance offered to customers/shippers on the other end?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did check the rates. 500 miles would pay $602 no mention of fuel surcharge, close to what I'm getting now

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did check the rates. 500 miles would pay $602 no mention of fuel surcharge, close to what I'm getting now

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

I think you have misinterpreted that my friend....

I doubt there are fixed rates on this platform. It states that is an "estimate", that might just be the bait. It's most likely an open platform where "drivers" will race towards the bottom .... cheaper .. cheaper .. cheaper. "Driver" is probably a very accurate term for those that are being targeted. Lots of folks don't have the acumen to calculate the simple math involved with this type of operation. Think ... job vs career ...... employee vs entrepreneur.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

I doubt there are fixed rates on this platform. It states that is an "estimate", that might just be the bait. It's most likely an open platform where "drivers" will race towards the bottom .... cheaper .. cheaper .. cheaper. "Driver" is probably a very accurate term for those that are being targeted. Lots of folks don't have the acumen to calculate the simple math involved with this type of operation. Think ... job vs career ...... employee vs entrepreneur.
Somebody caught the "pot stirring" bug .

Hey Uber thouroughy vets their drivers. Never been a problem there, right?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Somebody caught the "pot stirring" bug .

Hey Uber thouroughy vets their drivers. Never been a problem there, right?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

I'm just breezing through this stuff ...
Like I mentioned, I'll need a few days to look at it more thoroughly ...

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Clarification and intentions of Frayt Technologies Inc
Frayt Technologies Inc is a technology platform. Frayt is not a Motor Carrier. The concept of Frayt is to help owners of Sprinter and cargo vans, pick-up trucks, large SUV's and even automobiles earn supplemental income through use of their personal vehicles - very similar to Uber. Unlike Uber, instead of moving people, Frayt moves items. Frayt wants to match consumers who purchase large items, or who need large items moved with people who own vehicles that can move those items through the use of a simple App. Frayt is not soliciting to transport pallets of automotive parts. Like Uber and other transportation technology platforms who are not Motor Carriers, the owner operators operate their vehicles using their own personal insurance.

Frayt is not seeking or attempting to have owner operators of such vehicles that are leased onto Motor Carriers leave the employ or breech the lease of their motor carrier. As part of the Frayt registration requirements, Driver Service Providers (independent contractors) are required to photograph their insurance ID card or Certificate of Insurance. They are also required to submit photos of all four (4) sides of their vehicle as part of their registration submission. If the submitted proof of insurance shows coverage is provided by a Motor Carrier, or if the insurance is Non-trucking Liability (and Physical Damage) only, the registration is immediate rejected and denied. If the vehicle photos include signage of any Motor Carrier we will not approve the vehicle.

Should the registration submission show proof of Commercial Auto Liability coverage owned by the applicant, and should the vehicle photos show no signs, or small signs that could be covered or removed, or are the signs of the applicant's own company then it is obvious that the vehicle owner is a true independent owner-operator who has the legal right to endeavor working for multiple companies.

I personally review and scrutinize each and every registration submission made by prospective Driver Service Providers to Frayt. My experience, credentials and involvement in the trucking industry should assure you that I am qualified to make such decisions. The interests of Frayt as well as the interests of Expedite Motor Carriers and the General Public are first and foremost considerations in the Frayt qualification process.

Frayt is an ethical company determined to respect and protect the interests of Motor Carriers and eliminate any possibility of exposure to liability to them. We want to change and disrupt the world of logistics through only meaningful and positive ways.

Sincerely,

John Mueller, CDS, CDT, COSS
Director of Driver Services - Frayt Technologies Inc
[email protected]

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Clarification and intentions of Frayt Technologies Inc
Frayt Technologies Inc is a technology platform. Frayt is not a Motor Carrier. The concept of Frayt is to help owners of Sprinter and cargo vans, pick-up trucks, large SUV's and even automobiles earn supplemental income through use of their personal vehicles - very similar to Uber. Unlike Uber, instead of moving people, Frayt moves items. Frayt wants to match consumers who purchase large items, or who need large items moved with people who own vehicles that can move those items through the use of a simple App. Frayt is not soliciting to transport pallets of automotive parts. Like Uber and other transportation technology platforms who are not Motor Carriers, the owner operators operate their vehicles using their own personal insurance.

Frayt is not seeking or attempting to have owner operators of such vehicles that are leased onto Motor Carriers leave the employ or breech the lease of their motor carrier. As part of the Frayt registration requirements, Driver Service Providers (independent contractors) are required to photograph their insurance ID card or Certificate of Insurance. They are also required to submit photos of all four (4) sides of their vehicle as part of their registration submission. If the submitted proof of insurance shows coverage is provided by a Motor Carrier, or if the insurance is Non-trucking Liability (and Physical Damage) only, the registration is immediate rejected and denied. If the vehicle photos include signage of any Motor Carrier we will not approve the vehicle.

Should the registration submission show proof of Commercial Auto Liability coverage owned by the applicant, and should the vehicle photos show no signs, or small signs that could be covered or removed, or are the signs of the applicant's own company then it is obvious that the vehicle owner is a true independent owner-operator who has the legal right to endeavor working for multiple companies.

I personally review and scrutinize each and every registration submission made by prospective Driver Service Providers to Frayt. My experience, credentials and involvement in the trucking industry should assure you that I am qualified to make such decisions. The interests of Frayt as well as the interests of Expedite Motor Carriers and the General Public are first and foremost considerations in the Frayt qualification process.

Frayt is an ethical company determined to respect and protect the interests of Motor Carriers and eliminate any possibility of exposure to liability to them. We want to change and disrupt the world of logistics through only meaningful and positive ways.

Sincerely,

John Mueller, CDS, CDT, COSS
Director of Driver Services - Frayt Technologies Inc
[email protected]
This is information that should be inserted into the "Read More" section of the APP . That way Anyone interested in the APP can see it , not just EO members only . IMO

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Clarification appreciated.

Although I am decaled, I have the right to take freight on my own as I see fit. Anything else would make me a dependent contractor...i hope none of the motor carriers out there are attempting to hold exclusive rights to a driver without treating the tax situation as the "employees" they then are :D

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Being decaled, they can probably but limitations on other hauls, including taking some compensation.
One of our two John’s can speak authoritatively on this.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Although I am decaled, I have the right to take freight on my own as I see fit. Anything else would make me a dependent contractor...
Not in this country. It's the carrier's authority, the carrier's insurance and the carrier's crafted contract.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Authority under 10,000 lbs? And I pay my own insurance. They require 2 million

I dunno. I did it for several weeks last year crossing the border without issue. Did have magnetic signs tho, I would cover the decals for independent work

Edit: 2016, its 2018. Man I'm scatterbrained today

Could be a difference between countries...altho I operated in us with no problems

Ever pick up freight for a different company on the invoice than the one on your truck?

Last edited: