Best small generator that will fit between van wheel wells?

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope you do well and exceed your dreams. It’s a tough life in some ways. But I wouldn’t trade it. Be smart with your money and get a good reserve built up as fast as you can. Life has a way of keeping you humble. Let the folks on here be your support system.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just a warning; the convenient liquid cooled mountable onans are LOUD. Hear before you buy

Onan makes many different types of generators. The RV series air cooled undermounts are quite quiet considering their output. The whole RV line is quiet though...it has to meet US park noise standards. The average $300 hardware store unit doesn't.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Onan 2800 under mount is very quiet. You know it's running but it's no problem to sleep or have a conversation or whatever you want to do in the van and not be disturbed by it.

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
I hope you do well and exceed your dreams. It’s a tough life in some ways. But I wouldn’t trade it. Be smart with your money and get a good reserve built up as fast as you can. Life has a way of keeping you humble. Let the folks on here be your support system.
When i first start im going to only have the bare essentials, so im going to drop some money on luxuries when it starts coming in....ac unit, generator, mounted tv, etc....then after that like you say its going all into the business. I eventually want to start a fleet and work my way into straights and even tts for general frieght as i learn and continually re invest.

Reactions: DollarSign

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Comparing onan to honda eu2000 ppl. Of course its quiet next to a construction generator.

Here's a link just for you guys. The "park test" is much farther than where you will be sleeping from your Onan

RV Generator Sound Off!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Been looking around and Generac has a look a like Honda 2200 but it's a Generac 3000. It will boost to 3000 watts but a continuous 2300 watts. Its quieter than there 2000.

Also they just came out with a Generac 3500 watt with a 3000 watt continuous output. Fuel consumption isn't bad either!