Please i need advice fast.

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Yes one the owners when i did my call in to him this morning asked me whats the most miles i could do a day . i told him 900 with a cpl hours of sleep and said well we got one doing a 1300 miler straight thru no break right now then he said he had another one a few weeks ago do 1500 and then he said he had a 800 miler which 800 is ok and can be done not day after day but can be done but i feel anything really over 800 with out a few hours of sleep is putting his drivers at risk and ppl on the road at risk.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes one the owners when i did my call in to him this morning asked me whats the most miles i could do a day . i told him 900 with a cpl hours of sleep and said well we got one doing a 1300 miler straight thru no break right now then he said he had another one a few weeks ago do 1500 and then he said he had a 800 miler which 800 is ok and can be done not day after day but can be done but i feel anything really over 800 with out a few hours of sleep is putting his drivers at risk and ppl on the road at risk.
Well, shame on him, but im not going to get into a debate of his business practices as i don't know him or his company.

This thread was started with advise regarding abandonment. The vechile was abandoned, period, end of story. Time to move on.

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Your right moot and i can tell you . a crook will never go far in this game. Now i understand why when she told me after she picked me up at airport last night that v3 transport quit doing business with them#### they are a shady bunch of characters!!! Sometimes you learn the hard way and well i guess i did

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Ok i feel like a total goof ball! I kept asking myself how did i apply to such a sketchy place! Well thats where i screwed up thinking i had done a application with them! See now ive learned where they found me off of classifieds ad here. They dont even have a driver application on me! Ive been reading and thats a big no no for a motor carrier..that can have a fine to go with it. .........Yes. Driver qualification files must be produced on demand. Producing driver qualification files after the completion of the review does not cure a record-keeping violation of ..... This last litte insert is off fmcsa and dot says you must have at least 3 years of proven work history on hand.

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sorry dude, regardless what you think, you’re not a truck driver.
You’re a dude in a van.
You revel in lack of regulation.
Until you want protection of a regulation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
No not me! i get it im in a van but once you register as a motor carrier they are rules and regulations you abide by. As long you are doing out of state business your required to have dot and fmcsa rules and regulations as a motor carrier. Im looking into how to file a complaint now i lost over 400 dollars in travel fare along. And something needs to be done about them!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No not me! i get it im in a van but once you register as a motor carrier they are rules and regulations you abide by. As long you are doing out of state business your required to have dot and fmcsa rules and regulations as a motor carrier. Im looking into how to file a complaint now i lost over 400 dollars in travel fare along. And something needs to be done about them!
Save your energy....... just mark it up to experience and move on. You'll feel better in the long run.

Reactions: ntimevan

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I just dont know. Id hate see one of their drivers has ran over and killed someone in one there vehicles. Then id feel like i should have made that complaint even if it goes no where or it hits them hard. At least my mind will know i tried.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Man just give it up you made a mistake learn from it no matter how an what you do you abandoned the van. How did you not know you didn’t do an application for them. This whole thing seems very sketchy to me

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Slow down.
They didn’t beat you out of anything. Unless they promised to reimburse your expenses.
YOU traveled to Wisconsin without doing due diligence.
You drove around uncompensated, which you agreed to do.
You decided you didn’t like it there. So you quit and abandoned the van.
They’ll probably leave you alone since they have no wages to grab.
Take them to court and the judge will probably place a judgment against YOU !

Reactions: Localrunz

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Yea id probably never get anything out of it. I just hope they are really not getting there drivers to run straight thru with over 1000miles with out some kind of rest. Id feel bad if i read about one of yall fellow drivers being ran over by exhausted driver from this company! And i just learned that no one has morals are care for a business practice. Keep in mind this isnt just a fleet owner its a motor carrier slash want to be trucking company lol.

TruckAllOver

Seasoned Expediter
Hi Localrunz,
Your story is Not an unusual driver experience in the expediting business. You were Run arounded needlessly for a few simple reasons, the dispatcher calling You is working a Bid type load board and is being under bid (most likely reason) on each load they bid on. The dispatchers focus is divided on to many other drivers, phone calls etc. and keeps missing loads You could have been matched successfully with. The illusion for drivers that a dispatcher can magically produce a load in any given direction is just that, An illusion. Unfortunately drivers (especially new drivers) are often misled as to the Truth about how a expedite company acquires loads for their drivers and how any load a driver may accept can place the driver at a destination that is virtually impossible to get a load out of. Sadly the greed and dishonesty in trucking (all aspects of trucking) is most evident by the extraordinary Turn over rate the industry has. The driver turn over for trucking is absolutely the number on reason I would caution anyone considering becoming a driver. As a metric, turn over in industry segment is a good measure of Job satisfaction for employees.

If you really Have to Drive freight as a source of income I would highly recommend you become qualified to drive class A vehicles, a better choice within a low job satisfying approval rated industry.

As to your driver contract questions about dropping off the van. Let me ask this, with the way you have been treated thus far by the company, why would you let them cause your integrity to be questioned? Any place you drop the van other than that agreed upon by contract is Them placing a mark against your honor and integrity. Don’t allow that to happen.
That said, make certain you hold them to the absolute Letter of that contract.

Reactions: Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im looking into how to file a complaint now i lost over 400 dollars in travel fare along. And something needs to be done about them!
Maybe you should have looked into the company you went to work for instead. You seem to be spending more time and energy after the fact.

Reactions: ucfd608

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Im looking into how to file a complaint now i lost over 400 dollars in travel fare along. And something needs to be done about them!
Maybe you should have looked into the company you went to work for instead. You seem to be spending more time and energy after the fact.

Well, he has more time now that he’s unemployed.

I wouldn’t mention your one day with them to prospective employers.

If they learn about it, tell them you were too drunk that day to remember any of the details.

Just kidding.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
The One thing I would worry is what they put on your report. They may have told you it's ok, but they could put abandoned vehicle on it and if they did, good luck getting on with someone else. Technically you didn't return the vehicle back to where you got it.

That's a death sentence in expediting!

Sorry on what report?

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
The One thing I would worry is what they put on your report. They may have told you it's ok, but they could put abandoned vehicle on it and if they did, good luck getting on with someone else. Technically you didn't return the vehicle back to where you got it.

That's a death sentence in expediting!

Sorry on what report?
Don't know what it's called. Company's and or Fleet Owners can pull/put a report on you for things like abandoned vehicle and your past work history I think. I know it exist.