New App for Sprinters & Cargo Vans

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For Info & Discussion ::

Frayt.com app.... free off Play/store
App owned by Lawrence (EO)

Please read the (read more) note on app.

My Opinion : Dislike the idea .
Reason i feel its a Conflict of Interest with EO paid Advertisers.. again just my Opinion..

Lets hear your thoughts..

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Frayt app.... free off Play/store

Reason i feel its a Conflict of Interest with EO paid Advertisers.. again just my Opinion..

.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Really is that not what this place is for

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Actually, it's a step toward Uber for packages instead of people. It is only a matter of time before something like this is perfected and catches on. Maybe this will be it and we can all say we knew Lawrence before he made his first Billion. I am sure it will affect brokers more.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats why i brought this up as a Forum discussion. I am not saying Right or Wrong . How you interpret the App , as a Business Competition Threat ? A future loss of Income ?
As a Uship competing business ?
I have discussed this with 2 Company CEO 's , that advertize on EO and they are aware of the APP . Not overly pleased about the APP but they are monitoring it for Competition issues .

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

Fray.com app.... free off Play/store

@ntimevan

Doug Anderson gave me a heads up that you would be posting this on EO. Never met the guy, but he seems to have a chip on his shoulders about me and my businesses. Have no idea why?

So, Frayt.com is a completely different company from EO in every possible way. Separate offices, vision, developers, directors, officers, investors, board, servers, code, employees. So that's the facts.

Next?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
@ntimevan

Doug Anderson gave me a heads up that you would be posting this on EO. Never met the guy, but he seems to have a chip on his shoulders about me and my businesses. Have no idea why?

So, Frayt.com is a completely different company from EO in every possible way. Separate offices, vision, developers, directors, officers, investors, board, servers, code, employees. So that's the facts.

Next?
Never met him either .. don't know him and He had no influence on Me posting this on EO . I am just curious about how and why this APP was developed.
Maybe its not directed at Expedited Freight directly but it is directed at Sprinter and Cargo vans. Big Expediting companies struggle to keep Quality Drivers/Owners leased on to them without the Greener Pasture fence jumping .
Again JMO ...

Reactions: piper1

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Thats why i brought this up as a Forum discussion. I am not saying Right or Wrong . How you interpret the App , as a Business Competition Threat ? A future loss of Income ?
As a Uship competing business ?
I have discussed this with 2 Company CEO 's , that advertize on EO and they are aware of the APP . Not overly pleased about the APP but they are monitoring it for Competition issues .

Whether the tech is Uber, Uship, Frayt or whatever .... one of the main issues for me is insurance requirements, compliance or lack thereof. For non-commercial vehicles (under 10,000 lbs) it's getting increasingly difficult to compete on a level playing field. It's not level. IMO the majority of the public simply doesn't care. There are many companies that simply do not care. How companies market themselves, differentiate themselves from the pack is vital. VITAL - your organization will either sink or swim! Get involved with a good brand or maybe create your own.

As for "conflict of interest" & "competition issues" ... I think you're on shaky ground here. Is a perceived conflict of interest a legal objection or personal one? If it's personal, well too bad for you. Are there non compete agreements between the companies? If companies have whatever issues with EO they can always pull their advertising. Go for it ... who are they really hurting?

From a 10,000 ft view sometimes owner/ops look at tech in the marketplace & question how much has this helped or hurt the industry? How much has the success of EO helped or hurt the industry over the years? Sylectus? The list can go on .... It's a vast marketplace with lots of different dynamics. These are topics I contemplate while sitting at home .. late at night, sippin' on a beer .. while everyone is asleep & I'm at my laptop ... or perhaps on a long overnight drive. I try to focus on working harder.

I'm sure the powers that be like you bringing attention to their new tool, even if it was objectionable ... more advertising! How many guys do you think have downloaded that app since you uploaded this post? Being mentioned in the same sentence with Uber & Uship ... WOO! WOO! Happy smiles all around. And you did it without a bird dog fee .... it was free. Good job ntimevan ;)

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Currently 100 downloads , same as yesterday .

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, you show 'em! ... lol
I'm just relaying information ...
I am glad that You installed it . You can use it for a ride Home from the bar when you've had too much to drink next time ..

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I truly don't understand. No I don't think it's a conflict of interest (mostly because I believe people should be able to do what they want)

Most of 12 years, I've been with the same carrier. Yes I would throw them under the bus in a tenth of a second if it benefits me (as they would do, and have, to me)

But since I never would have heard of it without your post, thanks ntimevan. Gonna give it a whirl

Edit: oh, one of these. Congrats Lawrence, but other than a possible "cherry on top" to real freight, these apps seem to be loaded with cheap freight

Not a competition to freight companies, ntimevan...unless I missed the insurance compliance section (who's gonna send a half million dollars in freight with Billy Jo Trucker in a chevy pickup? Personal items, different story like uship)

Edit#2: to be fair to Lawrence, with all the requirements for drivers there must be insurance in place, would be good if proof was easier to find. Good luck with this, I'd be interested if you didn't ask for a safety, and cut the vehicle off at 10 years old :D

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, you show 'em! ... lol
I'm just relaying information ...
I am glad that You installed it . You can use it for a ride Home from the bar when you've had too much to drink next time ..

Great, If I need a ride home, can I use the bed ?
Or better yet, if I hook up would an expediter take us to a secluded spot ?
I’ll give him detention. First two hours free.....

Reactions: ntimevan