Is this the end of the road?

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It may be for us. This industry has a way of culling the weak, and it may have caught up to us. I covet your prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Wish you well and I'm praying for you. We all go through hard Knocks hopefully yours will be short :)

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Or maybe make better business decisions ... ??
Staying east of the Mississippi might be a good start ...

You’re right, Grizzly. Harsh, but right.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

We all know this business can be a daily grind! It doesn't stop!!

I stay away from home for ~250 days a year for 1 reason ... to make an income for my family. That's it. I keep that at the forefront of my mind constantly. I try to run a lean operation & I don't run cheap. I'll go anywhere if the money is right. If the money is not right ... let the suckers take it ... plenty of them. Load to Farmington, NM? .. I'll price it so high it'll make dispatch gasp. I don't land many of those .. but the ones that I do, are very nice. The rest can go to the schmucks!

Try to find a different way. Push back if possible. Not in an unprofessional manner but for heaven's sake don't get taken advantage of! Maybe find a different carrier ... idk the exact circumstances ... do something ... but don't go driving around this vast country simply making money for the guys that push paper. Afterall it's us out there that have our asses on the line. Sharpen your elbows!

I am CONVINCED that the majority of guys: 1)Don't realize the value of the services they provide. 2)Don't analyze numbers closely enough.

That edge of mine is hard to lose .... :rolleyes:

Last edited: