Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
They are. Freightliner Sent then. But I think they sent the passenger side

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: RoadTime

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Morning Load One! So far I've had a good week. Got a load close to the parents house and went oos Wed afternoon and I should be back in service around noon today. Here at the eye doctor getting eye exam and getting ready for new glasses and looking into getting safety glasses since alot of our customers are requiring saftey glasses . Wait and see!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here at the eye doctor getting eye exam and getting ready for new glasses and looking into getting safety glasses since alot of our customers are requiring saftey glasses . Wait and see!

I'm over due for some new glasses. Keep putting it off.
Would like to explore some Lasik options first.
Being practically blind without my glasses gets old :rolleyes:

Magoo.jpg

Reactions: ntimevan

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Here at the eye doctor getting eye exam and getting ready for new glasses and looking into getting safety glasses since alot of our customers are requiring saftey glasses . Wait and see!

I'm over due for some new glasses. Keep putting it off.
Would like to explore some Lasik options first.
Being practically blind without my glasses gets old :rolleyes:

Don't feel bad, I'm the same way. Need glasses to see and do everything. The only reason I went was cause the scratch coat was coming off badly and it was looking bad. I mean the last time I went was in 08 or 09 LOL.

I go to a high end eye doctor and we were talk LASIK and he said now would be the time. That would cost $5500 to $6K. Out the door with what I wanted was $1400. Thats Sunglasses, Regular Glasses and Saftey Glasses. Not bad. I'll check into the Lasik a bit down the road.

PS: The eye doctor told me that he's never seen someone like me get the money out of glasses like I do LOL.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Day two of MATS is in full swing! But I have to leave Louisville and head to TCA meetings. Sorry if I am gonna miss anyone.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't feel bad, I'm the same way. Need glasses to see and do everything. The only reason I went was cause the scratch coat was coming off badly and it was looking bad. I mean the last time I went was in 08 or 09 LOL.

My last expensive transition glasses aka trifocals, didn't hold up very well. After 6 months they got so scratch up they were giving me headaches. I babied the heck out of them, did everything I was told to clean them, got all the pricy protective extras, 6 months later unwearable. I bought replacement insurance on them and got a new pair. They claimed it must be a factory defect or something. 5-6 months later, same result. Guess they don't make them like they used to :rolleyes:

In my disgust, I pulled out a pair of old basic glasses from over 8 years ago.
There wasn't a scratch on them o_O

I didn't notice any noticeable difference in vision.
Have been wearing them for over 6 months (Still no scratches or stuff pealing off).
Only down side is I have to look over or under the lens, or take them off, to read close up since there just basic glasses. Great for driving, but not to hot for signing paperwork :rolleyes:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Last day at Mats! Stop on over and learn more about us. Look for the big Load One truck or follow the trail of big bags.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
sorry we missed it this year first time in along long time next year for sure always a class act and on top of everything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I feel that way sitting in Highway Policy Meetings all morning at Truckload Carriers Association annual meeting

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ray Martinez the new Administrator of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration opens the Truckload Carriers Association’s 80th annual conference. We are excited with the Mr Martinez’s appointment and his commitment to looking at critical issues that effect our industry like common sense hours of service reform. President Trump has tasked him to review regulations on our industry top to bottom.

After meeting with Mr. Martinez I am highly confident we will get hours of service reform done! Days like today I am so proud to be an executive officer of the TCA! IMG_1322.JPG

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Espar blower motor died on Friday. At 4000 hours, which is a little on the too-soon side. Average is about 5000-6000 hours. But I have had them last 8000 hours.

38,987 hours on this unit.

On my way to Columbus when it died. No one to look at it until Monday. No big deal, the van has heat. Not enough to really warm the whole van, but more than enough to keep me from freezing. Might have to idle a bit. That's OK.

Shyeah, right. Friday night and Sat I'm hearing the van's blower motor make muffled flutter groaning noises, just the like noises a fan motor makes before it gives up the ghost. And Sunday it gave it up. Got down to 44 in the van Sun night

Having the Espar repaired as I type this. Will order a van blower motor this afternoon. Mercedes dealer wanted $220 for it. No thanks, I'll pass. I'll get it online for half that and have it here a day quicker.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Espar blower motor died on Friday. At 4000 hours, which is a little on the too-soon side. Average is about 5000-6000 hours. But I have had them last 8000 hours.

38,987 hours on this unit.

On my way to Columbus when it died. No one to look at it until Monday. No big deal, the van has heat. Not enough to really warm the whole van, but more than enough to keep me from freezing. Might have to idle a bit. That's OK.

Shyeah, right. Friday night and Sat I'm hearing the van's blower motor make muffled flutter groaning noises, just the like noises a fan motor makes before it gives up the ghost. And Sunday it gave it up. Got down to 44 in the van Sun night

Having the Espar repaired as I type this. Will order a van blower motor this afternoon. Mercedes dealer wanted $220 for it. No thanks, I'll pass. I'll get it online for half that and have it here a day quicker.
I recently had my van blower motor replaced by Wayne. Don't have my receipt handy but $130ish for a new one, maybe less, from what I remember. Could have got a used one for around $50, but wanted new.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I talked with Wayne He's out of them, but will have some in on Wednesday. I'll get one of those. Whatever it is.

Amazon has an OEM one for something like $170, and a good aftermarket one for $117.