Do You Think You’ve Benefited From The ELD Mandate ?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Loggers, are things better or worse?

Little guys, have you seen that projected uptick in volume ?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
CV’ers.
I think I’ll now call them “little guys.”
Don’t know why I think that’s funny.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I have seen since the new year are the longer miles load. Anywhere from 450-635 to get it done in your 14hour window.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I only have 2 months shy of 2 years in the straight,and this year has been way stronger than last year. I don't know if it is related to the ELD mandate.

BTW, I know a few people that are still holding on to their paper logs until the last minute. I'm curious what they will do when they install them on March 31st and they figure out that they don't work right, etc.

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I only have 2 months shy of 2 years in the straight,and this year has been way stronger than last year. I don't know if it is related to the ELD mandate.
I don't think the ELD mandate has fundamentally altered freight volumes and rates. As much as anything, I think you can point to Trump's policies regarding regulations and taxes as being the largest factor in freight volumes and rates. Existing manufacturing plans are expanding and a few old, closed plants are reopening.

Since Trump was elected we're now at 3 million new jobs created and down to 4.1% unemployment. People can give credit to whomever they want for that, but with those kinds of job numbers, an increase in freight volume and rates is inevitable.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
how long does it take you to do the 1632 from Laredo to Detroit?

Pick up 3/10/18 4pm drop it off in detroit 3/12 6 AM....

Easy

After april 1st.... it will take 3 whole days

What ELD ? I still run laredo to Detroit in 1 day legally
Sorry but that can’t be done unless you drive at 90 mph. Lol
More like a day and a half. I could do that too and have many times before but I don’t plan on doing it anymore.