Now Texas, another shooting- in a church

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When the Government figures out (someday) that Criminals don't care about Laws written hundreds of years ago or yesterday and improves the Mental Healthcare and evaluation process of the Mentally ill that gives them the help needed now .
Instead its a Media Frenzy over Guns . Why because thats more Exciting topic , because Mental Healthcare is boring and the Media doesn't care about the Mentally ill .

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Reactions: skyraider

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
When the Government figures out (someday) that Criminals don't care about Laws written hundreds of years ago or yesterday and improves the Mental Healthcare and evaluation process of the Mentally ill that gives them the help needed now .
Instead its a Media Frenzy over Guns . Why because thats more Exciting topic , because Mental Healthcare is boring and the Media doesn't care about the Mentally ill .

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring
Nerve agents are next, see Europe on that one....

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If the NRA took it's money & gave it to the blue canaries instead of the red canaries, they would sing just as loud. Perhaps we'd see that better if we had a 3rd or 4th party in the mix ..

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There was no glorifying guns. There was a simple statement of I will control what is mine on my own without outside interference. BIG difference and clearly visible to those viewing without a HUGE bias.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No glorification of guns? Please refer to Twitter photo from NRA yesterday in previous post. What is that?
Yeah, Leo already answered that one. If anything is glorified in that picture, it's Constitutional guaranteed rights. Replace "guns" with "speech" or "religion" or "expression" or "thought" or "privacy" or "liberty" and it reads, and means, the exact same thing.

The average corporate office building has more security than most schools. We encounter more security at your average pickup or delivery than you'll find in most schools. Instead of banning guns for all, they just don't let you bring them into the building or on the property.

After all the plane hijackings, they didn't ban guns and other weapons at large from law abiding citizens, including those who don't fly, they merely prevent you from bringing them onto the plane with you in your carry-on luggage (transporting guns in checked baggage is fine). With no guns allowed in the passenger compartment on planes, people started using box cutters and wasp spray and the uber scary fingernail clippers. So it wasn't even guns that was the problem, it was the individuals who were, and are, the problem.

Banning guns isn't the reasonable or logical answer, it's an emotional answer. Legislation that addresses an emotional response, rather than addressing the source of the problem, is always, always, always the worst kind of legislation. Because it never works. It's treating a symptom instead of the problem.

Reactions: skyraider and LDB

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Oh NO! We must take common sense steps! This death and destruction can't go on! We must think of the children! It's time for a common sense ban on high capacity bridges and walkways! Enough is enough! BAN THE BRIDGES!!!!

Florida Bridge Collapses, Multiple Deaths Reported
Yeah, there ya go..... that kind of idiotic sarcasm really helps the debate. Very adult.
The problem is, that's the exact reaction people have to shootings. Exactly the same.

On a side note, never trust a brand new bridge. 20 year old bridges don't just up and collapse. New bridges do.

Reactions: skyraider

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just demonstrating the thought process of the left using another target rather than guns. You are correct that idiocy is involved, just not in the way you imply. It's that very idiocy, the idiocy of the left regarding guns, that must be overcome and neutralized. Permanently.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Let’s ban automobiles. 30k a year killed. No one really thinks about it

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Personally I'm like let Americans kill themselves it's their country let them fuc.k it up I don't care I'm just here to make money you can't convince people about common sense gun regulation so hey it's Wild Wild West

So thank you second amendment let's keep it up

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Personally I'm like let Americans kill themselves it's their country let them fuc.k it up I don't care I'm just here to make money you can't convince people about common sense gun regulation so hey it's Wild Wild West

So thank you second amendment let's keep it up

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

Great attitude.....til you or a loved one, get caught in the crossfire.