Load one info

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Give me all the ins and outs of load one. Got app in for driving for a fleet owner. I should be good to go soon. Any info would be great. Where is the hot spots and cold spots. Like panther chicago was the best place and any part of Louisiana was a bust. So any thing will help.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Give me all the ins and outs of load one. Got app in for driving for a fleet owner. I should be good to go soon. Any info would be great. Where is the hot spots and cold spots. Like panther chicago was the best place and any part of Louisiana was a bust. So any thing will help.
Your Fleet Owner should have the answers to your questions.

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Reactions: roadeyes

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When you go through orientation they will more than likely have you download the Load 1 app. This app is fantastic to use. It has a map section of the US with all the active units in service for the particular truck group you are driving. It has a listing of pushpins that show up to date dispatched loads for the current day, 2 days out and so on. This will tell you where the freight is coming out of. A very handy tool in my book.

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Thanks treadmill ! Now that sounds like a useful tool panther would tell you over the phone. But sometimes i was really skeptic if they where telling the truth on loads coming out of a certein area. Ntimevan owner hasnt drove in awhile so he may not know everything that is going on out there. Im looking for a few drivers to chime in

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But sometimes i was really skeptic if they where telling the truth...
It may take you 6 months to believe it and not have that knee-jerk, hair-on-the-back-of-your-neck standing straight up, reaction to what you're told by Load One dispatchers, but it's true, Load One dispatchers will not lie or mislead you. They take pride in telling you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (they also get in big trubble if they don't :D).

It's been more than 6 years since I was at Panther (was there for 5 years), and ownership there has changed, so many things may have changed (though I am not aware of any), but I don't want to speak more authoritatively than I have a right to. So when I say things "are" this or that at Panther, that might not currently be the case.

Having said that, things are far more adversarial at Panther than is necessary. They will withhold pertinent information about a load that can affect your decision to accept or reject the load. They will play games about pickup and delivery times. I could go on.

Load One is the exact opposite of that.

The Golden Rule is the standard operating procedure at Load One.

You deserve to know as many of the details about a load as they know, and they'll tell you. The reverse is true, where if something weird or unexpected happens with a load, be it pieces, weight dimensions, hand load, whatever it is, let dispatch know. They deserve to know.

Imagine a cold, dark, overcast and moonless night. That's Panther. Now imagine sitting on the beach on a beautiful day in Tahiti. That's Load One.

OK, maybe got a little carried away there. Just a little. Maybe.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But sometimes i was really skeptic if they where telling the truth...
It may take you 6 months to believe it and not have that knee-jerk, hair-on-the-back-of-your-neck standing straight up, reaction to what you're told by Load One dispatchers, but it's true, Load One dispatchers will not lie or mislead you. They take pride in telling you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (they also get in big trubble if they don't :D).

It's been more than 6 years since I was at Panther (was there for 5 years), and ownership there has changed, so many things may have changed (though I am not aware of any), but I don't want to speak more authoritatively than I have a right to. So when I say things "are" this or that at Panther, that might not currently be the case.

Having said that, things are far more adversarial at Panther than is necessary. They will withhold pertinent information about a load that can affect your decision to accept or reject the load. They will play games about pickup and delivery times. I could go on.

You deserve to know as many of the details about a load as they know, and they'll tell you. The reverse is true, where if something weird or unexpected happens with a load, be it pieces, weight dimensions, hand load, whatever it is, let dispatch know. They deserve to know.

Imagine a cold, dark, overcast and moonless night. That's Panther. Now imagine sitting on the beach on a beautiful day in Tahiti. That's Load One.

OK, maybe got a little carried away there. Just a little. Maybe.
Rah rah... sis boom bah!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So, dood asks for specific information about Load One, and the first response reads like something that appears through the blue liquid after shaking Expediter Eight Ball. Then later we get another response that successfully manages to derail the thread. Good job, guys.

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Thx turtle thats what i hear that load one is top notch! Hope its a smooth process getting rolling. I think they check app and run a background check then i figure its a ya or nah.

Reactions: Turtle

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So, dood asks for specific information about Load One, and the first response reads like something that appears through the blue liquid after shaking Expediter Eight Ball. Then later we get another response that successfully manages to derail the thread. Good job, guys.
Oh he could Google search ..https://www.load1.com/drivers-owners

No thanks needed ..

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I was just there today and got a quick view of the new Load One driver's app. Lot's of useful data...that they sure with their fleet. As an organization they are very transparent.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Oh he could Google search ..https://www.load1.com/drivers-owners

No thanks needed ..
Soooo, you're just gonna double down on the generic, pedestrian information that he specifically, explicitly, didn't ask for. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's been more than 6 years since I was at Panther (was there for 5 years), and ownership there has changed, so many things may have changed (though I am not aware of any), but I don't want to speak more authoritatively than I have a right to.
Ownership has changed and the usual revolving door of dispatchers.

None of that has changed. Its a cultural thing. Very difficult to change ingrained cultural behaviors short of felinocide. The game playing with pickup and delivery times has become more prevalent.

The Golden Rule at Panther is: Information is power. Power is dangerous.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
None of that has changed. Its a cultural thing. Very difficult to change ingrained cultural behaviors short of felinocide.
Kind of what I suspected. Certain things are ingrained in how they do things, which is how the rules they go by got put in place, and of course the rules in place support keeping things in place.

The game playing with pickup and delivery times has become more prevalent.
It's those kinds of games that can drive a driver mad. As a driver, we deserve to know the full parameters of the load we've been contracted to deliver.

I can understand why dispatchers want to tell someone the delivery time is 7AM, which might be the mathematical transit time, when the actual protect time might be 2PM. It's because there are some drivers who, if you tell them 2PM when they can get it there at 7AM, they'll take all day to get it there, get distracted, goof off, and end up being late. There are plenty of times when you can really use a 2 or 3 hour nap, but nope, can't do that, gotta get it there by 7AM. Then you deliver and find out that you had the time for a safety nap after all. That's really bad. And it creates mistrust and resentment, and disdain for that dispatcher.

There are a handful of Load One dispatchers who do that, or might do that. Most, if not all, are from the old Nations Express offices. Culture, old habits, and all that. I recently had a dispatcher tell me that she sometimes does that, and I let her know real quick that if she ever does that to me, and I find out about it, theeeen weeeeee gonna hava conversashun. And I told her why. Not only did I spend 5 years fighting Panther and them playing games with every single load, playing games destroys trust. I'm brutally honest with dispatchers, because they deserve it, and I think I deserve the same. That's the only way we can all be on the same page. I also mentioned the whole nap thing.

Reactions: RoadTime

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Moot made me look up "felinocide".....and then I got the joke. Damn you Lutefisk!
Ya, hey you poutine scarfer. What dictionary did you look it up in. My Websters American English Dictionary has no entry for "felinocide". But what do I know? I suffer from felinophobia.

Truckster1036

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I.going to be putting. On a GMC' C7500 25ft straight truck soon and i will be needing a driver 60/40 split if anyone needs or knows of someone that need,s a job the truck is under CDL . im out of the detroit area. BILL.

APMECHANIC

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
None of that has changed. Its a cultural thing. Very difficult to change ingrained cultural behaviors short of felinocide.
Kind of what I suspected. Certain things are ingrained in how they do things, which is how the rules they go by got put in place, and of course the rules in place support keeping things in place.

The game playing with pickup and delivery times has become more prevalent.
It's those kinds of games that can drive a driver mad. As a driver, we deserve to know the full parameters of the load we've been contracted to deliver.

I can understand why dispatchers want to tell someone the delivery time is 7AM, which might be the mathematical transit time, when the actual protect time might be 2PM. It's because there are some drivers who, if you tell them 2PM when they can get it there at 7AM, they'll take all day to get it there, get distracted, goof off, and end up being late. There are plenty of times when you can really use a 2 or 3 hour nap, but nope, can't do that, gotta get it there by 7AM. Then you deliver and find out that you had the time for a safety nap after all. That's really bad. And it creates mistrust and resentment, and disdain for that dispatcher.

There are a handful of Load One dispatchers who do that, or might do that. Most, if not all, are from the old Nations Express offices. Culture, old habits, and all that. I recently had a dispatcher tell me that she sometimes does that, and I let her know real quick that if she ever does that to me, and I find out about it, theeeen weeeeee gonna hava conversashun. And I told her why. Not only did I spend 5 years fighting Panther and them playing games with every single load, playing games destroys trust. I'm brutally honest with dispatchers, because they deserve it, and I think I deserve the same. That's the only way we can all be on the same page. I also mentioned the whole nap thing.

APMECHANIC

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
The time I was with Nations Express I ran a cargo van , they had 24 express centers at that time . Three of the express centers kept me busy in the south east of the USA with some long hauls also . I had a good business relationship with the people at those three centers . They would follow through on the load from the time you picked up to the time you dropped off , " it was their load from point A to point B . I enjoy working with people like that .

The money was good back then . $1.40 cpm was usually the going rate .

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadTime