Place you felt the least safe in

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you on the east side or west side? A little more is needed in the D then common sense. You need to be fast or have a loaded pistol ready to expect the worst at all hours. Home invasions and car jackings are also issues.
Does it really matter which side of town...... Detroit has is problems pretty much all over.

Use common sense when getting gas...... go to a clean, well lit station....you should be ok.....

With the green light program

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you on the east side or west side? A little more is needed in the D then common sense. You need to be fast or have a loaded pistol ready to expect the worst at all hours. Home invasions and car jackings are also issues.
Does it really matter which side of town...... Detroit has is problems pretty much all over.

Use common sense when getting gas...... go to a clean, well lit station....you should be ok.....

With the green light program
Are you running for Barrett directline by chance?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guns? Baseball Bats? So much violent thinking. Did you grow up in a gang ridden metropolis, like Bison ?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Nope ... think outside the Box ..
Not allowed to carry a firearm inside a Commercial vehicle or not-allowed by my leased to Carrier ... but a Tire Thumper is allowed .. in my str-8 truck i was once ask why i had a Louisville slugger in my truck cab by a DOT officer .. i smiled and said thats my tire thumper , he looked at me and smiled responding good answer ... I have Never bought or will buy a Firearm for personal protection.. Hunting and recreational use only .. i was raised to Never point a firearm at someone ... but i will take out your knee with my tire thumper if i need to ..

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wash your truck ?
I thought you had a Transit.

Loves at 610 and McCarty has a three bay Blue Beacon.
A few blocks north on other side of the street is the McCarty Truck Wash.
Another Blue Beacon in Baytown. Thompson Road. You’re familiar with that area.

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
That is not actually a very good place to stay. A lot of drugs and other shifty things happen there.
I ended up at Pasadena J - excellent!

Now, tonight I am back at the Tulsa J, panhandling, homeless, broken down cars with people living in them, yuck! If you haven't been here recently, inside is remodeled, nice, but outside is scary.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Be sleeping at the I-45 J in North Houston tonight. Very safe in the past.

No Blue Beacon there, wonder how I can wash my truck in Houston

Almost 6 yrs on the road & I have taken my Sprinter to Blue Beacon exactly one time. It was in Phoenix after a ridiculous amount of miles over a 3 week stretch.

I either wash my van at home or hit a self service car wash. It's less than $5 and the most amount of exercise I get these days.

Reactions: RoadTime

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
You must be fast and young, self service take me a roll and a half of quarters.

Besides, I wasn't really getting a truck wash, I was setting Ntimevan up about being in Houston and washing truck, as in driving through deep water!! Guess he was too busy counting miles to pick up on it

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You must be fast and young, self service take me a roll and a half of quarters.

Besides, I wasn't really getting a truck wash, I was setting Ntimevan up about being in Houston and washing truck, as in driving through deep water!! Guess he was too busy counting miles to pick up on it

My stick broke ... having new 1 shipped ... Snail Mail ..

But i did feel safe parking here last night ..

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Reactions: RoadTime

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
On the ride to San Antonio we fueled at Ardmore OK J around 19:00CST, no ice in Coke machine, hot dogs but no buns, hot food bar had no 'taters, long lines at register, horrible!

Then topped off tank at Pilot south of Waco, yuck! Filthy, wouldn't even eat packaged food from that place. Fortunately, the drug dealers in parking lot didn't bother us.

Is it my imagination, three years ago PFJ "seemed" to me a good overall experience. Now, it's 50/50 if you can find a clean restroom.