Place you felt the least safe in

midnightexspress

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Marines
I was reading an old thread about Laredo last night and was a bit surprised as to how many felt unsafe there. It got me to thinking where had I felt the most unsafe. I do a lot of Detroit and back in the Fed days did a lot of big city east coast stuff. But....

For me....it was the TA in downtown Nashville.

What say you ?

midnightexspress

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Marines
I stay at the ta in downtown nashville overnight everytime I ve been in Nashville no problems whatsoever

jaxonviking

Expert Expediter
Didn't much like the Flying J off I-20 in Dallas. Been to a few sketchy Walmarts here and there, but mostly noise -- kids blasting rap music at 2AM or with loud pipes. The WM in Alsip, IL is about as rough as I'll typically stay at, but it's in a prime location in SW Chicagoland.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Didn't much like the Flying J off I-20 in Dallas. Been to a few sketchy Walmarts here and there, but mostly noise -- kids blasting rap music at 2AM or with loud pipes. The WM in Alsip, IL is about as rough as I'll typically stay at, but it's in a prime location in SW Chicagoland.
Yeah forgot about the j in Dallas. Usually stay on the other side of the freeway at the TA.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But Laredo I always stay in the TA never had a issue there or even really seeing anyone that looked "mincing" (forgive me if I spelled that wrong I am horrible at spelling lol)
You spelled it right if you were referring to someone with a sharp knife and chef's hat.:)

HEY I said forgive me damit LOL I know I cant spell. Spelling wasnt ever my strong suite in school math and science was so forgive me LOL

All is good... you just got Mooted, thats all. ;)
Moot can be very menacing at times.

Reactions: Moot

Spedz13

Rookie Expediter
Driver
All is good... you just got Mooted, thats all. ;)[/QUOTE]
Moot can be very menacing at times.[/QUOTE]

Its all good I knew I would get :censoredsign: for my spelling I always do LOL and thanks for spelling that for me Turtle LOL

Reactions: Turtle

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Detriot is the only place someone threatened to shoot me. At the drop off. An employee there. Because i asked where the shipping office was...."go round dat corna my niggas will show you summ BLAT BLAT BLAT" pretty sure they were :censoredsign:ing with me because im a skinny young white dude in the bad area of detroit (called detroit). But still not my best experience at a customer.

Reactions: jaxonviking

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sometimes I get a gut feeling about the safety of place I plan on sleeping at. The J just southwest of Birmingham comes to mind. I got fuel and parked. After watching out the windshield for a short time, my gut said move. So I did and went north to a Wallyworld. I've stayed at the other J off I-65 several times, which is a dump, but never felt a serious safety threat.

Reactions: RoadTime

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Spedz13

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Only when I wielding a knife and a funny hat.[/QUOTE]

Dont you always wear a funny jacket too LOL

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
On this date in 1951 the first comic strip of Dennis the Menace was published. He was not mincing garlic.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Heard that on radio this morning about the anniversary. That's just too good of a coincidence to let go by. :D

Reactions: RoadTime