Place you felt the least safe in

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was reading an old thread about Laredo last night and was a bit surprised as to how many felt unsafe there. It got me to thinking where had I felt the most unsafe. I do a lot of Detroit and back in the Fed days did a lot of big city east coast stuff. But....

For me....it was the TA in downtown Nashville.

What say you ?

Reactions: phoenix827 and Greg

Spedz13

Rookie Expediter
Driver
I don't think I have ever really felt unsafe at any place in a truck....I felt unsafe at the Greyhound Bus Station in Nashville going to a job if that counts....But Laredo I always stay in the TA never had a issue there or even really seeing anyone that looked "mincing" (forgive me if I spelled that wrong I am horrible at spelling lol) but I have a friend that lives in ATL and I normally go there and park the truck if I am there instead of staying at a truck stop. Green Ohio I don't know that I have been there tbh lol if I have then I guess I wasn't robbed cause I would remember that lol (not making fun of u for getting robbed that is awful)

Spedz13

Rookie Expediter
Driver
I don't think I have ever really felt unsafe at any place in a truck....I felt unsafe at the Greyhound Bus Station in Nashville going to a job if that counts....But Laredo I always stay in the TA never had a issue there or even really seeing anyone that looked "mincing" (forgive me if I spelled that wrong I am horrible at spelling lol) but I have a friend that lives in ATL and I normally go there and park the truck if I am there instead of staying at a truck stop. Green Ohio I don't know that I have been there tbh lol if I have then I guess I wasn't robbed cause I would remember that lol (not making fun of u for getting robbed that is awful)

Let me refresh something on that I cant say I haven't ever felt unsafe in a truck....I had a partner once that completely and utterly scared the s**t out of me he threatened me several times and couldn't drive to save a life so I guess if that counts then ya he now works at SWIFT imagine that lol

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But Laredo I always stay in the TA never had a issue there or even really seeing anyone that looked "mincing" (forgive me if I spelled that wrong I am horrible at spelling lol)
You spelled it right if you were referring to someone with a sharp knife and chef's hat.:)

Well spoken by someone who is known to “ mince his words.”

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Parked Next to WOM 's transit .. i can't Swim ...

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Reactions: RoadTime

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Parked Next to WOM 's transit .. i can't Swim ...

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring
WG-230617-Burnham-CH-2.jpg

Reactions: ntimevan

Spedz13

Rookie Expediter
Driver
But Laredo I always stay in the TA never had a issue there or even really seeing anyone that looked "mincing" (forgive me if I spelled that wrong I am horrible at spelling lol)
You spelled it right if you were referring to someone with a sharp knife and chef's hat.:)

HEY I said forgive me damit LOL I know I cant spell. Spelling wasnt ever my strong suite in school math and science was so forgive me LOL

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

HEY I said forgive me damit LOL I know I cant spell. Spelling wasnt ever my strong suite in school math and science was so forgive me LOL

All is good... you just got Mooted, thats all. ;)

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Petro on the west side of ATL and the Pilot in Charlotte right off of 85.
That’s because there a strip club next to the pilot and on the weekends the crazies come out. I’ve never had a problem during the week there but come Thursday the door gets knocked on. Plus the store itself doesn’t allow hoodies to be worn inside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Treadmill