The Trump Card...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
A while back, I predicted that the Republicans who have the power to do so will vote to impeach Trump.
That is possible ... but I really don't see it happening with the current make up of the House. It would take something really big ... beyond just careless rhetoric on the 2A. Like actual significant action against gun owners rights ... or some extraordinary revelations from the Special Counsel.

But you are correct: the stage is being set.

I think a more likely scenario is that the Dems retake the House in the mid-terms and eventually vote to impeach.

If they take the House that will be the end of the sham "investigations" - that are factually nothing more than efforts to protect Trump - that we are currently seeing. At least on the House side.

The House will then be all up in his bidness ... with some powerful tools that can use to investigate.

I think there's a reasonable possibility that could flip the Senate as well ... but probably not garner enough seats to convict. That's not to say that enough Republicans wouldn't go along if there was a solid case made.

One of the preconditions for that to happen is the erosion of the Trump base. While there has always been minor crumbling around the edges, erosion now seems to be accelerating. Anecdotal evidence can be seen in comments made by Breitbart News readers, usually a fiercely Trump-loyal group.
Yup.

That bump in approval rating from the tax cut ?

Gone ...

As Mueller focuses in, Trump is likely to become more erratic and unpredictable ... and continue to lash out.

The continued flailing will not help among any but the most diehard of his base.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Anything political has white lies attached to it regardless of party. May be some truth to the Hope Hicks retirement. I red somewhere a month ago that she was getting wore out with the heavy schedule. Didn't mean much at the time but I guess it did this week.

I think that occurred after her interview with the Special Counsel didn't it ?

Haha, no. Little farther back than that.:D

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Powerful tools to investigate what?

All the stuff they aren't actually investigating now ...

Have anyone heard anything out of the HPSCI or House Judiciary Committee about Russia's attempt to influence and interfere in the election ?

Besides the false narrative of "Democratic collusion" of course ?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Powerful tools to investigate what?

All the stuff they aren't actually investigating now ...

Have anyone heard anything out of the HPSCI or House Judiciary Committee about Russia's attempt to influence and interfere in the election ?

Besides the false narrative of "Democratic collusion" of course ?

FBI looked into it. Didn't find any "collusion". Mueller has looked into it. Found some trolls that was already published in an article, but so still no collusion.( which isn't a crime anyway) But Dems, if they get in, will be up in this Russian thing again? Can't fix stupid.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Approval rating yesterday was ahead of say, Obama.
In one poll.

By a polling firm which tends to lean Republican.

To get a more representative view might be better to get multiple polls and have a look to see what they show ... and who are the outliers:

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

Well, well, well surprise surprise!

Looks like outlier is Rasmussen.

Even the left leaning media is s reporting it.
Which might be an indication that they aren't quite as "left leaning" as some would like to think.

OTOH, I'd say that the other polls in that RealClearPolitics link above probably don't get much in the way of coverage over at American Pravd ... err ... I mean Faux Nuuz ...

Unless of course they showed a rise from the same poll taken previously.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I don't know what Fox is reporting but the majority of MSM is giving Trump positive numbers. "Don't shoot the messenger". lol:D

muttly

Veteran Expediter
In one poll.

To get a more representative view might be better to get multiple polls and have a look to see what they show ... and who are the outliers:

Which might be an indication that they aren't quite as "left leaning" as some would like to think.

OTOH, I'd say that the other polls in that RealClearPolitics link above probably don't get much in the way of coverage over at American Pravd ... err ... I mean Faux Nuuz ...

Rasmussen was one of the most accurate polling companies in the last Presidential election.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
FBI looked into it. Didn't find any "collusion".
At first blush, early in the investigation.

Mueller has looked into it.
And is still looking into it apparently.

Found some trolls that was already published in an article, but so still no collusion.
That the public is currently aware of.

All kinds of news out currently that Mueller currently looking real hard at it and is starting to ask questions regarding exactly that.

Also word is he may be getting ready to drop some indictments on the actual hacking.

(which isn't a crime anyway)
The legal term isn't collusion ... it's conspiracy.

Russia “Previewed” Plan to Disseminate Emails with Trump Campaign

But Dems, if they get in, will be up in this Russian thing again?
Guaranteed ... you can take it to the bank.

Watergate took 3 years ... and this could potentially be a lot worse.

Can't fix stupid.
Quite true ... especially the Trumpette/Faux Nuuz kind ... (warning: link below may contain what some consider to be "bad language")

Big News Day For Hannity And Tucker Carlson! Scary Messicans, Hillary Clinton, And Some Mad Cracker

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Yep, that MSM media has been hitting it for the last two days. Yep, I looked past that to comments made over a month ago.

You said talk of her departure came up about a month or so ago.

I asked if that was AFTER her interview with Mueller and you said no, it was BEFORE that.

She met with the Mueller's team back December 7th and 8th ... almost 3 months ago.

Hope Hicks met with special counsel's team for interviews

You might be confusing Mueller's team and the HPSCI ... they're not the same though.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
In one poll.

American pravda. That reminds me of "fake news" anchor Don Lemon pretty much saying that because they weren't reporting on that blockbuster of a story about WH communications gal Hope Hicks resigning. Except that they did. Multiple times. Mentioned it on multiple shows. Tehehehehe
CNN's Don Lemon Falsely Claims Fox News Did Not Cover Hope Hicks Resignation

muttly

Veteran Expediter
FBI looked into it. Didn't find any "collusion".
At first blush, early in the investigation.

Mueller has looked into it.
And is still looking into it apparently.

Found some trolls that was already published in an article, but so still no collusion.
That the public is currently aware of.

All kinds of news out currently that Mueller currently looking real hard at it and is starting to ask questions regarding exactly that.

Also word is he may be getting ready to drop some indictments on the actual hacking.

(which isn't a crime anyway)
The legal term isn't collusion ... it's conspiracy.

Russia “Previewed” Plan to Disseminate Emails with Trump Campaign

But Dems, if they get in, will be up in this Russian thing again?
Guaranteed ... you can take it to the bank.

Watergate took 3 years ... and this could potentially be a lot worse.

Can't fix stupid.
Quite true ... especially the Trumpette/Faux Nuuz kind ... (warning: link below may contain what some consider to be "bad language")

Big News Day For Hannity And Tucker Carlson! Scary Messicans, Hillary Clinton, And Some Mad Cracker

A year in and just starting to ask questions about it. Lol

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
American pravda. That reminds me of "fake news" anchor Don Lemon pretty much saying that because they weren't reporting on that blockbuster of a story about WH communications gal Hope Hicks resigning. Except that they did. Multiple times. Mentioned it on multiple shows. Tehehehehe

Fox apparently mentioned it three times before Lemon's program aired ... and he has since acknowledged his error.

Now about Ingraham's false assertions on King James ... she ever take any responsibility for her errors on that ?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
A year in and just starting to ask questions about it.

Not a year in, and not just starting to ask questions about it ... but the questions are becoming much more focused.

When interviewing material witnesses or targets of an investigation, it's not an entirely bad thing to actually already know the answers to at least some of the questions you're going to ask ... it's a way of testing the individual's credibility and veracity.

It has the added benefit - if they are dishonest and lie - of providing leverage to flip them ... since such lying would be a crime in itself.

Can't wait until Cheeto sits down for his interview.

muttly

Veteran Expediter

Fox apparently mentioned it three times before Lemon's program aired ... and he has since acknowledged his error.

Now about Ingraham's false assertions on King James ... she ever take any responsibility for her errors on that ?

Not famiiar exactly about what false assertions.