Ready for another Feb-ulos Month

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I knew you were going into something...it stretched right across SD along 90...
Temp dropped from 55 ° to 40 ° when i crossed Mississippi river into Iowa ... i watched updates all afternoon.. temp in Waterloo =37° but 40 miles north the hard rain was still falling and temp dropped to 31° like flipping a switch .. i had already slowed to 45 mph with flashers on.. and had 2 semi's pass me.. a few miles later they were jack-knifed in ditch but up-right .. first time in 15 years this bad this quick .. the van slowly slid to shoulder and i nursed it on shoulder for 1/2 mile to Loves TS .. 4 hours later State plow trucks were out and i continued on load ..

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring
The FD Distr. Center is north of Davenport just south of Dubique...wonder how it made out...they usually leave Sunday for a Tuesday drop...

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The FD Distr. Center is north of Davenport just south of Dubique...wonder how it made out...they usually leave Sunday for a Tuesday drop...
Stretch of 218 from Charles City to I-35 ... worst Black Ice i 've ever seen or driven on ..

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stretch of 218 from Charles City to I-35 ... worst Black Ice i 've ever seen or driven on ..

Worst black ice I’ve driven on was I-69 S between Fort Wayne and Indy 2 yrs ago. Came to a stop with big truck behind me and when suddenly a gust of wind blew the back end of trailer sideways. Once we got moving we could only idle down the road at about 5 mph. Just down right nasty.

Last edited:

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wo

Worst black ice I’ve driven on was I-69 S between Fort Wayne and Indy 2 yrs ago. Came to a stop with big truck behind me and when suddenly a gust of wind blew the back end of trailer sideways. Once we got moving we could only idle down the road at about 5 mph. Just down right nasty.
I am sure glad it's 70 in Indy now. The wind just blows the van off the highway, but no ice.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reactions: OntarioVanMan

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Make them pay for fuel pump and labor, until they find what's wrong with it, they are liable for any mishaps.
75% it was something else. 25% - they forget to reset the codes on the computer. One way or another, they are milking you.

The repair is being covered under warranty, so what’s their incentive to milk me?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting at Utility Trailer not too far from the yard getting etrack and plywood floor installed.

They do that? I bought my E-track from them, but didn't know they installed anything. Although, I"m probably too cheap to pay for that service :rolleyes:
Last time they did it was 6 yrs ago. I think it cost me $250 last time.

Well that's not too bad. Was that just installation, or everything?
That was install of etrack, plywood and cost of etrack. I purchased the plywood so about $325 total.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Make them pay for fuel pump and labor, until they find what's wrong with it, they are liable for any mishaps.
75% it was something else. 25% - they forget to reset the codes on the computer. One way or another, they are milking you.

The repair is being covered under warranty, so what’s their incentive to milk me?

In my experience "bad gas, let's change the fuel pump" ... is often code for .. "We don't know what the heck is going on, let's take a stab at it ..."
Hope it works out for ya ...

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Wonder how that works if they install a part that doesn't solve the problem does Dodge warrant dept still pay the dealer or does the dealer have to put back the old part and eat the labor??

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

If the dealer followed the exact Dodge troubleshooting chart...Dodge pays for it all, new parts stay in vehicle. As far as their concerned, if the pump failed the troubleshooting steps..it's bad... whether it fixes the overall problem or not.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Not many fail under warranty. That's why I said that. Glad they are paying for it all. Bad, 'cause it takes your time from driving. Hope they fix it soon for good, so you can hit the road again.