CRE-BRUARY 2018

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You can't mention other social media sites on EO??? What kind of Hitler mad THAT rule????
Lawrence is the Hitler in question.

You can mention other social media sites, but you can't mention them (or any competing website) in such a way as to try and drive people away from EO and to those sites. Mr WOM has already had two of his posts removed over this very issue and he's been warned about it, and now we have him posting things like this.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Lawrence is the Hitler in question.

You can mention other social media sites, but you can't mention them (or any competing website) in such a way as to try and drive people away from EO and to those sites. Mr WOM has already had two of his posts removed over this very issue and he's been warned about it, and now we have him posting things like this.
Seems a bit of paranoia. Has not taken WOM from this site...a bit overkill I believe. Actions like this are more likely to encourage one to search for other options. (This post by Turtle not the mention by WOM ) Definitely has me thinking of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I don't see and inference as to "drive people away from EO" by by mentioning that, (in response to Murray on truck count) on another site they are welcoming a lot of new people that are clueless. Intimating that they are helping to drive up truck count and drive down prices.

Is that a good enough explanation for my post Field Marshall Turtle?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Seems a bit of paranoia.
It's pretty straightforward. You've read the Code of Conduct, right?

7. Posting Links.
Our policy on linking to other websites or forums is pretty simple. Members may link to any other site that provides information that helps answer another member's question or is just of general interest to members on that particular topic. The only type of linking that is not acceptable on our site is when members link to a competing website. That's just common sense. We won't allow people to use our site to promote a competing service any more than a brick-and-mortar store would allow his competitor to paste flyers all over his walls.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
The policy is fine, your mentioning/editorializing/ enforcement of it isnt...almost EVERY site or company does have a similar policy. Just because you have the bullet in the gun, doesn't mean it has to be used. Common sense and reason, sorely overlooked and or lacking in this world, and definitely in a heavy handed approach here.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The policy is fine, your mentioning/editorializing/ enforcement of it isnt
So I'm not supposed to mention or enforce the rules? You know that's my job, right? If you have any suggestions on how I should be doing things differently, my PM box is always open to you.

As for my gun, you have to work really hard to get shot at by me. I never fire easily or indiscriminately. Nobody gets shot at without full and fair warning.

As for being heavy handed, maybe we should return to the days where people got banned or suspended at the rate of 3 or 4 a week, whereas nowadays we don't even do that many in a quarter. Maybe we should return to the days where threads got locked at the drop of a hat and we just shut people down. I can't even remember the last time I or any of the Mods locked a thread. Maybe we should go back to the days where posts just up and disappear without explanation.

Fact is, WOM went off topic to attack me and how the site is run, and then right after that made 2 posts directing people to another forum. All I did was tell him and others not to do that, and now I'm heavy handed with an itchy trigger finger and an attitude problem?

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Moderators do their best job when unseen. Only in the worst violations should anyone notice your work. You seem to have a very thin skin to be so easily engaged here. WOM and his transgressions should not be any of my business, and if he (which he did) brings it up, as a mod, your best option is short and sweet or to ignore, as you have done your job. I'm not aware that it's against policy to mention mods. And as this is a specifically CRE thread, all can read but only a select few can post. You've turned a small simple thing into something that makes me consider if someone should revoke your mod status for abuse of privileges. (Yes I have been moderator and or admin for a larger traffic message board than this currently sees. And no I have no desire to do so here.)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Moderators do their best job when unseen. Only in the worst violations should anyone notice your work.
More than 90 percent of what we do as moderators are behind the scenes, including WOM. You have no idea what all has gone on behind the scenes.

You seem to have a very thin skin to be so easily engaged here.
Murray asked who the Hitler was, and I answered, and gave the answer some context. That's not being thin skinned, it's answering a question.

You've turned a small simple thing into something that makes me consider if someone should revoke your mod status for abuse of privileges.
For one, the person here in charge of revoking a Mod's status is the Forum Administrator. I'm the Forum Administrator. Two, all I did was answer a question from a long-time and well respected member of the community. And you gave me crap for it. Thanks for that.

Reactions: RoadTime