The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If it's someone with experience in counter-intel/criminal investigations one could reasonably say that it's speculation with the benefit of experience that may well be analogous.
Is that really who you were directing your suggestion to? Seems like a pretty narrow target forthe EO Soabox.

But it's not actually correct - Pippodippopolis predates Page.
Trump isn't Tweeting about Pippodippopolis, he's Tweeting about the Mueller probe.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Is that really who you were directing your suggestion to? Seems like a pretty narrow target forthe EO Soabox.
It was rhetorical question, basically intended to get folks to consider looking outside of their own bubble to what others - who may not be of a like mind - may be saying ... particularly those with relevant expertise and experience.

There are experienced folks - who actually have relevant experience - who are laying out plausible possibilities - while conceding that they don't have any specific information to know exactly what will come.

Trump isn't Tweeting about Pippodippopolis, he's Tweeting about the Mueller probe.

Who Cheeto specifically is tweeting about isn't relevant wrt to my reply to you ... what is relevant is your incorrect assertion as to how the investigation started and when it actually began.

Pippodippopolis predates Page.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

Took three years for Nixon and Watergate if memory serves ...

17a914972222a8e25b6075899e483070.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Who Cheeto specifically is tweeting about isn't relevant wrt to my reply to you... what is relevant is your incorrect assertion as to how the investigation started and when, it actually began.
OK, I apologize. When you said "the investigation," I (obviously) incorrectly thought you were referring to the Mueller probe, which is what Trump is Tweeting about.

muttly

Veteran Expediter

If this isn't Photoshop then it really is sad and desperate times from the former Presidential candidate loser who should have been ahead by 50 points.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
OK, I apologize. When you said "the investigation," I (obviously) incorrectly thought you were referring to the Mueller probe, which is what Trump is Tweeting about.

The Mueller probe is but a continuation of an ongoing counter-intel (and possibly criminal) investigation which originated in the FBI ... predates the dossier.

And I was addressing your inaccurate assertion as to what start the probe initially.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And I was addressing your inaccurate assertion as to what start the probe initially.
Trump was Tweeting about the Mueller probe into Trump-Russia collusion, and so that's what my comment was about. You want to make Trump's tweets about something else, and that's fine.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
If this isn't Photoshop then it really is sad and desperate times ...
If you want to see sad and desperate times hold onto to your hat and keep an eye on President Rage-Tweet McMuffin's Twitter feed in the coming days ... should be real interesting now that Rick Gates is about to flip for Mueller.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Trump was Tweeting about the Mueller probe into Trump-Russia collusion, and so that's what my comment was about. You want to make Trump's tweets about something else, and that's fine.

Go with that ... your audience here might buy it ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
On a more humorous note, in addition to all the other insanity going on, it looks like there might be some issues with Presidential motorcade route planning:

"Pool report says Trump and his motorcade drove past a billboard advertising Stormy Daniels tonight and her upcoming Florida stop on the "Make America Horny Again" tour. You can't make it up"

Wonder if Melania was along for that ride ... might have been a little awkward if so ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I'm just for with the truth People can "buy" it or not. In the end, the truth remains

Yup ... people can decide if Cheeto really differentiates between the original investigation under under Comey and the current one under Mueller and was being really specific (because: very stable genius) ... or whether you're just parsing words in order to avoid having to concede a point about an inaccurate assertion you made.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Hillary is under investigation.

BTW - factual point: Clinton is not actually under investigation at this time.

However there is an IG investigation being conducted into the FBI's handling of the previous investigation and the above might change when his final report is issued ... or not.

In the meantime: stay out of the Faux Nuuz feevah swamps ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm just for with the truth People can "buy" it or not. In the end, the truth remains

Yup ... people can decide if Cheeto really differentiates between the original investigation under under Comey and the current one under Mueller and was being really specific (because: very stable genius) ... or whether you're just parsing words in order to avoid having to concede a point about an inaccurate assertion you made.

I'm not parsing words at all. I've already conceded that in the context which you presented, my assertion is not at all accurate.

Despite Trump never once having gotten all bent out of shape over the Russian meddling counterintelligence investigation, and has only gotten his panties in a wad over the Trump-Russia allegations investigation, I will concede your assertion that he was nevertheless Tweeting solely about the FBI investigation at large, the one that began before he announced his candidacy. I absolutely defer to you on that, and that that is the context in which he was Tweeting, and agree that it makes no sense at all to make that all about himself. I concede that, despite being the stable genius that he is, he's just cray cray.

While I'm at it, I will also concede that Trump was really and truly referring to Meghan Kelly's menstrual cycle, that he really and truly was, in fact, calling for the Second Amendment people to assassinate Hillary, that he really and truly used language and mannerisms to mock a disabled reporter and he didn't ever prior to that use the exact same language and mannerisms to mock Ted Cruz and others, and that he really and truly did explicitly ask the Russians to hack Hillary's email servers.