Ready for another Feb-ulos Month

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Another school shooting in Florida shooter in custody numerous injuries

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Very sad. After unloaded in Miami, drove north passed that town on I 95 about the time of the incident. Didn't know until got to my parents house. My condolescenes to the families. Worst part is, I've been here since last week to say final good bye to Mom.

So sorry about your Mom. :cry:

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dropped in Calera, AL this morning out of Romeoville, IL. Dang power steering pump blew the shaft seal. Kind of tough to steer the Sprinter without the pump helping. It was a rebuilt, about 10 months old. New rebuilt pump going on now.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nancy’s still shipshape

Diagnosis on the van: fuel pump. Could be anywhere from tomorrow to Monday until it’s fixed. Good news is, it’s under warranty, and I’ve been issued a courtesy car . Bad news is we’re still OOS; the courtesy car could hold one skid, but the agreement specifically excludes commercial use .

Hope this sh*t gets squared away soon; we’ve got bills to pay.

New timeframe: per the dealer, “maybe Tuesday”. Holy sh*t

Spedz13

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Probably no part on hand. I know very few Ford dealership seem to have adequate parts.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Ya that might be it but still should be able to get it overnight then have it installed in a few hours but then again (that could be pretty expensive) and they dont work weekends I am sure and if they did it would be extra I am sure

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I bought a brand new class 8 in maybe 1990.
102 days in the Shop for Caterpillar problems.
In the first 12 month’s.
It was a tough year.
My great carrier was afraid to give me his better freight. I didn’t blame him.
% Contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: hdxpedx

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got to Fort Mitchell Mercedes Benz around noon. Met with Dan (salesperson) and started to search for Sprinters in his network that met my list of things that I wanted to have on my sprinter. After searching for a few minutes he found one that met my list. 2 hrs later and negotiating with a partner dealer in Chicago for that vehicle, deal was done. Now for financing, by 4:15 signed, sealed and delivery will be tomorrow when I pickup sprinter from Chicago. Next will be sprayed foam insulation applied on Monday, e-track, plywood floor installed, Qualcomm and company inspection on Tuesday. On Wednesday Espar install along with inverter and roof top fan installed. Hopefully go back in service on Thursday and start paying this thing off. Ready for another 6 yrs of service with this new sprinter.

Last edited:

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Treadmill is obviously squared away! I'm jealous

Sent from my LG-M150 using EO Forums mobile app
Dan is the man at Fort Mitchell Mercedes. All he does is sell Sprinters. If he doesn’t have it on his lot, he will search the dealer network inventory and trade one of his vehicles for the one he wants. If they agree to swap, deal is pretty much a done deal afterwards. Very impressed with this dealership.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
6000 miles in 7 days isn't a hot streak?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Well the 600 miles in the last 7 days is what I am referring to. And haven't gotten out today either. 4 days in Phoenix area before a Nogales to San Diego, and now in LA still for 2 days. I know Murray is trying just competing against gas money drivers...I'll d/h before I encourage crap rates.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nancy’s still shipshape

Diagnosis on the van: fuel pump. Could be anywhere from tomorrow to Monday until it’s fixed. Good news is, it’s under warranty, and I’ve been issued a courtesy car . Bad news is we’re still OOS; the courtesy car could hold one skid, but the agreement specifically excludes commercial use .

Hope this sh*t gets squared away soon; we’ve got bills to pay.

New timeframe: per the dealer, “maybe Tuesday”. Holy sh*t

Hopefully this will not be the trend for you when the promaster goes down. Here’s hoping you get done sooner.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Treadmill is obviously squared away! I'm jealous

Sent from my LG-M150 using EO Forums mobile app
Dan is the man at Fort Mitchell Mercedes. All he does is sell Sprinters. If he doesn’t have it on his lot, he will search the dealer network inventory and trade one of his vehicles for the one he wants. If they agree to swap, deal is pretty much a done deal afterwards. Very impressed with this dealership.

It sounds like they know how to “git er done”.
And I don’t ever remember ever hearing a negative comment on the place.
Too bad they don’t pick up a Freightliner franchise.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Got to Fort Mitchell Mercedes Benz around noon. Met with Dan (salesperson) and started to search for Sprinters in his network that met my list of things that I wanted to have on my sprinter. After searching for a few minutes he found one that met my list. 2 hrs later and negotiating with a partner dealer in Chicago for that vehicle, deal was done. Now for financing, by 4:15 signed, sealed and delivery will be tomorrow when I pickup sprinter from Chicago. Next will be sprayed foam insulation applied on Monday, e-track, plywood floor installed, Qualcomm and company inspection on Tuesday. On Wednesday Espar install along with inverter and roof top fan installed. Hopefully go back in service on Thursday and start paying this thing off. Ready for another 6 yrs of service with this new sprinter.

Congratulations.
That sounds so smooth and organized, are you sure you’re an expediter ?
You probably didn’t have much time to go “ off topic” but did you learn anything about the upcoming gas version?