Ready for another Feb-ulos Month

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Currently at home. After 640k laid Sprinter to rest on Monday while on a load to Bristol In. Took 4 hrs for tow truck to come and take me to delivery. After dropping freight left Sprinter at delivery point and went to hotel or the night. Next morning called AAA at 0630 requesting a tow to Wayne’s place in Toledo for a diagnosis of deceased Sprinter. Diagnosis came back as squealing bearings and no oil in filter. Final diagnois of what caused bearings to lock up, possibly oil pump cratered.
Leaving in the morning and heading to Fort Mitchell Mercedes Benz to talk with Dan and hopefully walk out of there by Friday evening with a new 2017 Sprinter 6 cyl.
Sorry to hear that. Was fixing it not an option?

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Grizzly

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Currently at home. After 640k laid Sprinter to rest on Monday while on a load to Bristol In. Took 4 hrs for tow truck to come and take me to delivery. After dropping freight left Sprinter at delivery point and went to hotel or the night. Next morning called AAA at 0630 requesting a tow to Wayne’s place in Toledo for a diagnosis of deceased Sprinter. Diagnosis came back as squealing bearings and no oil in filter. Final diagnois of what caused bearings to lock up, possibly oil pump cratered.
Leaving in the morning and heading to Fort Mitchell Mercedes Benz to talk with Dan and hopefully walk out of there by Friday evening with a new 2017 Sprinter 6 cyl.

New engine $13k installed.

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Very sad. After unloaded in Miami, drove north passed that town on I 95 about the time of the incident. Didn't know until got to my parents house. My condolescenes to the families. Worst part is, I've been here since last week to say final good bye to Mom.
So sorry for your loss brother. Never easy whether we think we are prepared or not. And, having spent the weekend in Orlando I would have tried (again) to catch up to you.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just a thought ...
There might be a good used engine somewhere with low miles. I know a friend ;) that got an engine with 12K original miles on it. It was from an rv that was driven seasonally. Tree fell on it .
Needle in a haystack but ya never know ..
Btw that friend of mine bought that engine for $6k ..

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Just a thought ...
There might be a good used engine somewhere with low miles. I know a friend ;) that got an engine with 12K original miles on it. It was from an rv that was driven seasonally. Tree fell on it .
Needle in a haystack but ya never know ..
Btw that friend of mine bought that engine for $6k ..

Or, you could just park under an overpasses during a hurricane

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Another school shooting in Florida shooter in custody numerous injuries

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Very sad. After unloaded in Miami, drove north passed that town on I 95 about the time of the incident. Didn't know until got to my parents house. My condolescenes to the families. Worst part is, I've been here since last week to say final good bye to Mom.
Sending my prayers and sympathies..Mom's are hard to let go,

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

been there , done that, its an expensive decision either way...best of luck getting a great deal out of dealer...
also for the uneducated...used/unknown engines are not the best way to go when talking sprinter, very seldom works out well,

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
been there , done that, its an expensive decision either way...best of luck getting a great deal out of dealer...
also for the uneducated...used/unknown engines are not the best way to go when talking sprinter, very seldom works out well,
The Doktor took care of my friends engine. For the uneducated, he might be a good person to consult.

There have also been ancillary benefits like having the old engine available for parts if needed ..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Doktor took care of my friends engine. For the uneducated, he might be a good person to consult.

There have also been ancillary benefits like having the old engine available for parts if needed ..

hey there is no right or wrong here...just pure guess work...
I chose factory rebuild with 100% factory warranty 100,000 miles, engine cost back then $11,900...+++++
why? Because I knew I was retiring and didn't want that payment for the next 3-4 yrs...everyone has thier different reasons...Treadmill is a smart cookie...he'll make his best guess whats best I am sure...

Btw way..mine was only a timing chain visually..what made it pop? who knows? bad crank/bearings? with 696K its really time for a new engine but thats in my opinion....and we know how that goes...;)
Have a great day...:)

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Didn't he move to SC? PA was too cold for him.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Reactions: RoadTime

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So sorry for your loss brother. Never easy whether we think we are prepared or not. And, having spent the weekend in Orlando I would have tried (again) to catch up to you.

Thank you so much brother.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another school shooting in Florida shooter in custody numerous injuries

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Sending my prayers and sympathies..Mom's are hard to let go,

Thank you kindly juju.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Didn't he move to SC? PA was too cold for him.

Yeah I think he moved to the Greenville SC area a few years back.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unloaded in Dallas, TX at 7 am.
Now if only wind stop rocking my van and let me sleep...
At least the pesky birds don't scream.

You must be talking about those pesky crackles.

I hate those dang birds! :rage:
I was at the j in San Antonio awhile back and was outside enjoying the weather when 3 of those crackles were playing king of the telephone pole. Well one of the birds decided to go higher up and land on top of the transformer, well bad news for it. A large boom happened at that bird took a nose dive to the ground. It actually nocked out the power in the area for about 2 hrs before elec. co came out to turn it back on. Sucks for that bird.