Cargo Van Promaster (Gas) ticking sound from engine

Maracachimba

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
My truck have 136,000 miles and start ticking,they replace the rocket lifter 3&5 when the engine have 25000 and work, but I don't want back to the dealer.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine had the same problem at 114k. It was the number 2 &4 cylinders. Very common problem in the 3.6. Chrysler opened a case and covered most of the expense. They installed a new head. Now have 395,000 on it. Still going forward. Down side is just getting the parts when needed. Brake calipers took week to get. Alt, new radiator, etc. took week to get. Very little after market parts available. Called on the radiator fan and they have 330 on back order. Found one at a dealer but only if I let them install it. They won’t just sell it to me. Cuz they is like gold.

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I replaced the rear cams, lifters and rockers myself. Replaced one rocker on the front head. The rollers on the rocker arm fails. If you run it to long it will ruin the cam lobe. Not a big job at all. I haven’t had any issues getting any parts for mine. Replaced the fans few months ago. Ordered from a dealer on line had it in two days. Some furniture flew out of a pu and we hit it. (Happens fast). Replaced a lot of stuff in the front. Had everything I needed ready to go. Unless you have a fleet of these things getting new cams, lifters and rockers will set you back about 1500 bucks at a dealer. The kit is around 360 and the tool needed is 80 bucks. Go to you tube look for “motor city mechanic” he’ll walk you through it.