The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This discussion isn't about me or my naivety. Please stay on topic. Thank you.
I am on topic..Your view that people from :censoredsign:hole countries don't add value is naive and represents a lack of understanding beyond your local area,state and anything outside America in general.

Read what you wrote sir..

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app
No, you're not on topic. The topic isn't my view or my naivety, it's about things surrounding a CNN article about Trump's comments. If you disagree with my opinions, fine, refute them, but you didn't bother to do that. Instead you attacked me personally with "Your naivety is sad, if not funny." You didn't offer up why my naivety was sad or funny, only that I should trust in your personal assurance that immigrants offer more to America than those who are already here. Then you took the opportunity to punctuate your statement with a bigoted and racist statement.

You really need to learn how to respond to what someone says rather than to who said it. A good way to start learning how to do that is to try and figure out a way to reply to a post without using "you" or "your" or some variant in your reply.

But no. In this response you doubled down on my naivety by manufacturing a brand new context for my comments using a breathtakingly wrong characterization of my opinions of people from sh*those countries. I can assure YOU that my opinion of Dick Durbin and other liberals wanting to give preferential treatment to large swaths of people from sh*thole countries for no reason other than those countries are underrepresented countries in terms of immigration numbers, it's very different from an individual immigrant from one of those countries.

Further, you drew your ridiculous conclusions based on equally breathtakingly wrong assumptions about my understanding outside my local or state area, or outside of America. Which is impressive, considering you don't know squat about me. You don't know that I've lived in places where there are only a handful of immigrants (Kentucky and Tennessee), in places where there are considerably more immigrants (the German communities of Ohio, the Jewish and Polish communities of Pennsylvania) and places where immigrants literally outnumber the native born population (New Jersey and South Florida). I've also spent time in several European countries, and in Zambia, Botswana and South Africa in Africa, the Caribbean Islands, and in Ecuador, Columbia, Costa Rica and Panama. I'm also an expediter so I've spent a lot of time in places where I didn't speak the native language, like Douglas, AZ, southern California, and Montreal. So it's not like I'm living in a trailer park bubble, dood.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hey Mark, pass the popcorn please!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
3s8q28.jpg

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
.....I've lived in places where there are only a handful of immigrants (Kentucky and Tennessee), in places where there are considerably more immigrants (the German communities of Ohio, the Jewish and Polish communities of Pennsylvania) and places where immigrants literally outnumber the native born population (New Jersey and South Florida). I've also spent time in several European countries, and in Zambia, Botswana and South Africa in Africa, the Caribbean Islands, and in Ecuador, Columbia, Costa Rica and Panama. I'm also an expediter so I've spent a lot of time in places where I didn't speak the native language, like Douglas, AZ, southern California, and Montreal. So it's not like I'm living in a trailer park bubble, dood.
Nobody wants you in their neighborhood?

;)

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Missing text messages from the FBI. Why am I not surprised.:rolleyes:
Article excerpt:
Johnson expressed concern over the missing text messages, which were sent during a key period of the Russia investigation. During that time frame is when the Steele dossier was published by BuzzFeed News, when Strzok participated in a Jan. 24 interview with then-national security adviser Michael Flynn, and when James Comey was fired as FBI director.

The end date of the missing Strzok-Page texts is also significant. That’s because May 17 is the day when Mueller was appointed to take over the FBI’s probe of possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian government.
FBI ‘Failed To Preserve’ Five Months Of Text Messages Between Anti-Trump FBI Agents

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The FBI's explanation is just laughable. Under their explanation, zero text messages from anyone would have been captured and archived. Yet the only text messages lost are the ones from Strzok and Page.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
This from the DOJ letter to Sen Johnson.
IMG_20180121_180734.jpg

How likely would this happen? Apparently with some other FBI personnel's phones as well? But they corrected the glitch soon after Mueller's appointment though. How convenient.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How likely would this happen?
It's all horse hockey. Sure, it might be that individual phones failed to store text messages, but it doesn't matter. You can delete messages from your work phone at the FBI and the messages are still preserved on the servers. That's why they use their own servers, in order to prevent people from deleting messages. But even if they used unsecure Verizon or AT&T servers, those messages would still be preserved. The FBI knows this very well because they routinely obtain deleted text messages from carrier servers. Whatever phone sent or received the messages is irrelevant. But even if the server was misconfigured to not store text messages, A) they would still be on the phone, and B) all text messages from all phones would not have been archived.

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
No, you're not on topic. The topic isn't my view or my naivety, it's about things surrounding a CNN article about Trump's comments. If you disagree with my opinions, find, refute them, but you didn't bother to do that. Instead you attacked me personally with "Your naivety is sad, if not funny." You didn't offer up why my naivety was sad or funny, only that I should trust in your personal assurance that immigrants offer more to America than those who are already here. Then you took the opportunity to punctuate your statement with a bigoted and racist statement.

You really need to learn how to respond to what someone says rather than to who said it. A good way to start learning how to do that is to try and figure out a way to reply to a post without using "you" or "your" or some variant in your reply.

But no. In this response you doubled down on my naivety by manufacturing a brand new context for my comments using a breathtakingly wrong characterization of my opinions of people from sh*those countries. I can assure YOU that my opinion of Dick Durbin and other liberals wanting to give preferential treatment to large swaths of people from sh*thole countries for no reason other than those countries are underrepresented countries in terms of immigration numbers, it's very different from an individual immigrant from one of those countries.

Further, you drew your ridiculous conclusions based on equally breathtakingly wrong assumptions about my understanding outside my local or state area, or outside of America. Which is impressive, considering you don't know squat about me. You don't know that I've lived in places where there are only a handful of immigrants (Kentucky and Tennessee), in places where there are considerably more immigrants (the German communities of Ohio, the Jewish and Polish communities of Pennsylvania) and places where immigrants literally outnumber the native born population (New Jersey and South Florida). I've also spent time in several European countries, and in Zambia, Botswana and South Africa in Africa, the Caribbean Islands, and in Ecuador, Columbia, Costa Rica and Panama. I'm also an expediter so I've spent a lot of time in places where I didn't speak the native language, like Douglas, AZ, southern California, and Montreal. So it's not like I'm living in a trailer park bubble, dood.
With due respect, you could live in every country on earth and still end up ignorant of how the people from those sh.i.thole countries add to the US.

Now as far your past experience , I don't think it would make a difference becuase you are wired to be conservative and you innately view those other people ,just like Trump, to be taking away from America instead of adding value.

Welcome to a diverse America and that's not going to change ,however many deplorable comes out to vote. This country belongs to you and me. Deplorables and sh.i.tholes

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
No, you're not on topic. The topic isn't my view or my naivety, it's about things surrounding a CNN article about Trump's comments. If you disagree with my opinions, find, refute them, but you didn't bother to do that. Instead you attacked me personally with "Your naivety is sad, if not funny." You didn't offer up why my naivety was sad or funny, only that I should trust in your personal assurance that immigrants offer more to America than those who are already here. Then you took the opportunity to punctuate your statement with a bigoted and racist statement.

With due respect, you could live in every country on earth and still end up ignorant of how the people from those sh.i.thole countries add to the US.

Now as far your past experience , I don't think it would make a difference becuase you are wired to be conservative and you innately view those other people ,just like Trump, to be taking away from America instead of adding value.

Welcome to a diverse America and that's not going to change ,however many deplorable comes out to vote. This country belongs to you and me. Deplorables and sh.i.tholes

I think that would be a big assumption. Almost a riddle, I trash democrats all the time yet I am not a Republican. What am I? Be careful how you answer.

Reactions: Turtle and muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
WTH are you talking about? You asserted that I only knew of what things are like in my little corner of the universe, inside my my state and local area. I refuted that. Soundly. Now you want to refute my refuting by claiming that you can live everywhere but here and be ignorant of the contributions of immigrants to this country. Well no sh*t Sherlock.

On the other hand, all you have to do is live here in order to witness the contributions (or subtractions) that people from any country, be it a sh*thole country or otherwise, make to this country. It ain't rocket science.

Well, first, it's well established that you don't know jack about me, yet you somehow think you know how I'm wired. That's retarded. Yes, Re-Tar-Ded. You're wrong about that. Second, you parrot the liberal assertion about conservatives, despite conservatism having a long and verifiable history of being just the opposite. In point of fact, I view an immigrant's contribution, or subtraction, within the context of the individual, rather than in the abstract of a group at large. You can take larger data points and view trends, such as illegal aliens, as a group, commit more crime than do legal aliens, and that immigrants of all types from certain countries, as a group, result in more of a drain on the US than immigrants, as a group, from other countries. But it's still the individual that matters most.

America has always been diverse. But it's not our diversity that makes us strong. What makes us strong is our commonalities, in values and in cultures. The more multicultural we becomes, due to fewer people having the incentive and the opportunity to assimilate, the less strong we become.

You might think I'm anti immigration. If you do, you're dead wrong. I'm against unrestrained and illegal immigration. I'm against immigration in such large numbers that makes it impossible to assimilate into the existing life and culture of the United States. I'm against immigrants who refuse to assimilate and instead demand that America go out of its way to accommodate them. What country you come from or what color skin you have it wholly irrelevant. It's laughably irrelevant. All that matters is whether you contribute or subtract from the American economy, culture and way of life. America is like a football team - if you can do the job, we want you, whether you're white, black or anything in between. If you can't, you need to hit the road and find something else.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think that would be a big assumption. Almost a riddle, I trash democrats all the time yet I am not a Republican. What am I? Be careful how you answer.
OK, knee-jerk reaction is "old fuddy duddy." But in reality I think you're someone who has decided to live his life thinking for himself.

"Oh, the horror," said every liberal Democrat, ever.

"That's cray cray," said the hipster 'crats.

Personally (since, you know, Kippy has decided to hijack the thread and make it about me), I dabble in progressive liberalism on some issues, and dabble in conservatism in other areas, but mostly I'm Libertarian. Meaning, I'm very anti "telling other people what to do, how to think, and how to live their lives." Conservatives won't let me in their meetings, because telling other people what to do and how to live their lives is their lifeblood. And liberals don't want anything to do with me because I refuse to let them tell me how to think.

Reactions: davekc

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Democrats are so confused. So are half the Republicans. They don't know what Trump wants.
These people haven't been paying attention.

DACA chillins (average age - 26) get immigration amnesty with an extended path to US citizenship (10 or 12 instead of the normal 5 years).

No path whatsoever to citizenship of the DACA parents, nor permanent residency. They're still subject to deportation, same as any other unauthorized immigrant.

End chain migration. It's not the US's responsibility to reunite families. If you didn't want to break up your family then you shouldn't have left in the first place. If you want to reunite your family, go to where your family is. Easy peasy.

End the lottery visa program. That was stoopid to begin with. There's no reason to make it extra super easy for people in Turd World Countries (see what I did there?) to come here solely because not enough people from those countries can qualify in the normal immigration application process.

Institute merit-based immigration. If you have something to bring to the table, you get in. If not, look elsewhere.

Border Security, including the wall in all its flavors.

That's it. That's what Trump wants when he talks about DACA.

Some of Trump's base crap their pants every time they hear "amnesty" and "path to citizenship," but they're not being fair, practical or pragmatic about it. Put yourself in a DACA chillin's shoes. Most came here as young chillins and know only this country. It would be straight-up ridiculous to deport them to a place they've never known.

Democrats want to add amnesty for anyone who's been here more than about 10 years, just because. Sorry that's not gonna happen. You have a better chance of Mexico cutting a check to pay for the wall.

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turtle,

My final word is you can claim and say everything but The people from, sh,it hole countries are here to stay and are coming daily and no amount of tantrums by the MAGA crowd will change that.

Most of trump supports are racists and hence the support for trumps shi.tholes country comments . zero apologies

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Turtle,

My final word is you can claim and say everything but The people from, sh,it hole countries are here to stay and are coming daily and no amount of tantrums by the MAGA crowd will change that.

Most of trump supports are racists and hence the support for trumps shi.tholes country comments . zero apologies
Do you even know why Trump said that? No, I didn't think so.

He said it during a conversation about the visa lottery program and wondered aloud why the lottery program gives extraordinary preferential treatment to people from sh*thole countries.

The visa lottery program deals exclusively with Turd World Countries, and fully 40% of the people who come into the USA on the lottery program commit crimes within 5 years, causing most to be deported. That's why Trump said that. It's not being racist at all. It's being realistic.

Reactions: davekc

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't insult other members, especially if they're forum staff. That's just stupid.
Do you even know why Trump said that? No, I didn't think so.

He said it during a conversation about the visa lottery program and wondered aloud why the lottery program gives extraordinary preferential treatment to people from sh*thole countries.

The visa lottery program deals exclusively with Turd World Countries, and fully 40% of the people who come into the USA on the lottery program commit crimes within 5 years, causing most to be deported. That's why Trump said that. It's not being racist at all. It's being realistic.
Show me the data to back your crime claims ...in fact FBI statics show that 1st generation immigrants commit less crimes than trailer park trash and inner city goons ..You probably getting your information from your friends in your inbred conservative circles that spread falsehoods as facts

Listen America is open to everyone and that includes s.h.ithole countries and you like in or not, we are here to stay.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
..You probably getting your information from your friends in your inbred conservative circles that spread falsehoods as facts
Kip, take this as you may...... you are not helping your argument with personal attacks like this.

Reactions: Turtle

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Show me the data to back your crime claims ...in fact FBI statics show that 1st generation immigrants commit less crimes than trailer park trash and inner city goons ..You probably getting your information from your friends in your inbred conservative circles that spread falsehoods as facts

Listen America is open to everyone and that includes s.h.ithole countries and you like in or not, we are here to stay.

Yeah first generation “legal” immigrants i don’t doubt commit fewer crimes, but the ones who just jumped the fence??? 100% of them are committing a crime just being here.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle