Is this even feasibe?

Bubba1974

New Recruit
Howdy all, new here. I have a question for you all.

My wife and I are talking about running teams in a straight truck. I've had my CDL A with Hazmat for about 5 years and just drove straight trucks. My wife has no experience with trucks.

My question is, do you think a owner would hire me on as a solo driver mainly and let her drive with her permit with me on duty in passanger seat so she could get her CDL (maybe a month) and then we run as team for them?

Is this just something that's a pipe dream?

Anyways thanks for reading and any insight.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Howdy all, new here. I have a question for you all.

My wife and I are talking about running teams in a straight truck. I've had my CDL A with Hazmat for about 5 years and just drove straight trucks. My wife has no experience with trucks.

My question is, do you think a owner would hire me on as a solo driver mainly and let her drive with her permit with me on duty in passanger seat so she could get her CDL (maybe a month) and then we run as team for them?

Is this just something that's a pipe dream?

Anyways thanks for reading and any insight.
I know when I was with Landstar Express America they had a program called Empty Nest, where this same scenario that you mentioned was available. Don’t know if it still exists but might be something to look into. Don’t know of any other carrier that would have such a program. Hope others will chime in to help you out.

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have talked to many other couples who have found smaller companies that allowed this. Have not heard of any of the bigger carriers doing this though

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Bubba1974

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We’ve thought about the van thing a time or two. Hope y’all enjoy expediting as much as us!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Bubba1974