Nervous newbie

Gear_Grinder

Rookie Expediter
Researching
I understand your opinion treadmill but honestly I know it sounds bad but leaving her job was the best thing that she could have done for herself and that’s why we started looking into this career although she was going to hold on to it until then I didn’t want her to besides for her to go to school and Work would have been impossible. For me I still have my job, I cover all the bills no problem. And I take care of her. I’m not bragging but the the house is not important we have enough money and credit to buy a new home and put a down deposit along with buying a new car besides that plenty of apartments etc...so finding a place is something we can do and we are not homeless. But if we were out on the road when would we have time to sell. Our intentions is be debt free, be on the road and stay on the road and create our truck to be our home. We would not put ourselves in a position to fail or not set up to be able to live and survive. As for her and a job also there are countless jobs out there. My job at freightliner is willing to hire her if we decide not to drive just to keep me there. They’ve already countered my resignation along with offering her a job. So we are good. The thing we can’t replace is what we want to do and I know a lot of expediters don’t like their job but what we can’t replace is each other and wanting to work together, traveling this beautiful country and make money doing it is what we want to do. Expediting is spontaneous and exactly what we want to do. We want to work hard and be good at it and do good for our owner to help him continue to grow and succeed and know they did not make the wrong choice. So I hear your opinion but this is what we are looking in and we will get there. We did find out why I was rejected as the fleet owner advised us and we are working on getting things turned around for us. So staying positive as for all you out on the road good luck be safe and hopefully we will be out there with you guys soon enough.

Josh

Active Expediter
Driver
Look at this as an opportunity to skip winter. I mis judged a shoulder last night at a truck stop when I parked along side. The tire fell off the 4inch paved section and holy hell would the steer tire not climb back up the pavement. Just slid along no matter what I did. Stupidest problem in the world. My solution?

Put my bag of chains on the ground next to the pavement, drive onto the bag and turn the wheel to get on the pavement. Stupidest thing..

Gear_Grinder

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Well skipping winter would be nice all together not just from driving but taking a real vacation would be absolutely great right now lol. Relieve some stress. Glad you got out of a small problem, it’s not funny but I can imagine it happening. I guess bags of chains are good for multiple uses. Stay safe and if you make it home enjoy it :)

Reactions: Boatcat

Josh

Active Expediter
Driver
Business has really slowed down I've had two loads only this week and one was towards home..I am tired of dealing with snow and all thst

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

For us it seems to have picked up a little. Could just be us planning slightly better and watching the load board more.

I do agree with the winter part of it. We have managed to stay away from most of it but it's already old. Even though we have had few encounters with snow, it's just a depressing time of year.

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Gear Grinder,
I am sorry you have encountered such a mess. Keep trying and I am sure you will find that perfect trucking job. Follow your dreams.

First week in the books and so far I am pleased. We made some mistakes but we did good. Looking forward to next week. In New Jersery now and under dispatch so we will pick up on Monday.

Crazy looking dock but apparently you kicked its ass. I hope we never go there. Lol. Enjoy your weekend.

Reactions: yogaines

Terry Bratt

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Hello if your looking for a good position and are a tractor team. I highly suggest checking out U.S. Motor Carriers. Their a private fleet with trucks leased to XPO Logistics. The money is good the company is fair and YOUR NOT just meat in a seat. Good luck

Josh

Active Expediter
Driver
Dropped the above load off this morning. Same catapillar we've been to before, looks like something happened with their staff in the mean time since they were super polite this time around. Grabbed another load going to Texas (500 miles into that 1000 mile trip at the moment) which brings our mileage up to about 5000, and we already have another load picking up in loredo tomorrow and delivering on Monday in Arkansas (850 miles total). So that brings our total miles up to around 6000 for this pay period. My ass hurts from this seat btw...

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Damn josh. You running hard. This week I've run total of 340 loaded miles and by Monday when I drop off in SC u will have 4046 loaded miles

I feel like crazy but $$ is worth it

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Gear_Grinder

Gear_Grinder

Rookie Expediter
Researching
That’s awesome. You’ll love that week of pay guaranteed lol. Stay safe out there. Hope you and Emily are still enjoying the open road and the expediting life. Keep us updated.

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Week 2 in the books. Another great week. Have a good load out of here and taking us back to great area. Here's to Week 3. I hope everyone has a great weekend! We are chilling in North Carolina!!

Reactions: Gear_Grinder

Josh

Active Expediter
Driver
Emiley and I are still enjoying ourselves. We bicker quite a bit still. This week has prolly been due to lack of sleep. :)

DBenton - how's the weather there? We're currently in loredo tx. Was super rainy today (still mid 60's). We grabbed our load from catapillar and went to a loves down the street to catch up on some much needed sleep. We don't have to be in Arkansas till Monday morning so we're prolly gonna head out of here soon and make the drive there and have a mojority of tomorrow to relax.

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
The weather in North Carolina is rainy. It has been raining since we got here yesterday. We pickup Tuesday and deliver in Kentucky on Wednesday.

My husband and I bicker a lot when we are tired. We ran hard last week. But I have no problem doing it.

Looks like snow and nasty stuff by next weekend. I sure hope they are wrong. I hate It!

Everyone have a great week.

Gear_Grinder

Rookie Expediter
Researching
So quick update. After being denied by Panther our owner held on to us and had us apply Fed Ex and we were approved this past Thursday. We were notified today that we will be attending orientation on Wednesday. So we will be leaving tomorrow to drive up to FedEx headquarters and starting orientation. Everything happened so quick since the approval. Now with our truck it was brand new set up for a Panther team we will only drive this truck for up to a few months then he will be switching us to another truck for FedEx set ups for white glove and tval and will be sending us back to training for tval and white glove. So everything is looking up and hopefully on the open road early next week. He’s allowing us to drive home to pick up our animals and load the truck up for the weekend so that’s awesome.

Josh

Active Expediter
Driver
Awesome that he is allowing you to return with the truck to get what you need. Sounds like a good owner. FedEx is pretty good also. I think you guys will be happy with them.

White glove is going through some changes right now with a load board. From my understanding is they were normally handed loads over the c link. Now they have to pull them from a load board. Which isn't a big deal but the current white glove people are panicking it seems. Not a big deal for you guys because you won't be experiencing the change and won't have to adapt. You'll come in to the new setup. FedEx has a drivers page on Facebook. I know you don't have social media (I don't either, the wife does) but it might be beneficial to make one and join. It's a good place to ask FedEx specific questions. A lot of good people on there. GOOD LUCK!

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Ragman you are so right. I think I need to chill and let things ride. I am normally the insigator and he is the patient one. Things have settled in nicely. We have been married almost 29 years (February 15th).

Thank you

Reactions: Ragman